Pages:
Author

Topic: Families sue US govt, seek official apology over drone killings in Yemen - page 2. (Read 1591 times)

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
Could You please stop writing that every country that thinks differently then You is a USA vassal state? The world is full political and social ideas on how to live and if some countries think alike they tend to work together, but that doesn't mean that they are someone's vassal.

I refer countries such as Germany and the United Kingdom as vassal states of the United States, because they are not fully sovereign nations. For example, there are American soldiers stationed all over Germany, and the German gold reserves are currently being held by the US. And without the American permission, Germany can't enhance its armed forces, or take important foreign policy decisions.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
Oh, yeah. C'mon, sue them for millions of innocent victims. And where is the court placed? America itself? LOL

A small correction. The court is located in one of the American vassal states, and not in the United States itself (in the city of Hague, Netherlands to be precise). That said, the United States was one of the 7 countries that voted against the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court (the others were (China, Iraq, Israel, Libya, Qatar, and Yemen).

Could You please stop writing that every country that thinks differently then You is a USA vassal state? The world is full political and social ideas on how to live and if some countries think alike they tend to work together, but that doesn't mean that they are someone's vassal.

As for the topic itself, some of those claims are true and some of them are not. Remember that many terrorists uses civilians for their ideas (and sometimes civilians are actually supporting terrorist of their own will).
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
The families of an anti-Al-Qaeda cleric and a police officer killed in a US drone strike in Yemen in 2012, have filed a lawsuit in Washington, DC, seeking an official apology and acknowledgement that innocent civilians were mistakenly killed.

Faisal Ali Jaber, an engineer, who lost a brother-in-law Salem and his nephew Waleed in a drone strike, has filed the lawsuit. He is asking the District Court to declare the attack by the unmanned aircraft unlawful. The international human rights group Reprieve is giving Ali Jaber assistance.

The plaintiffs said they are seeking to break the secrecy surrounding drones strikes and have the court impose some public accountability for the program.

“Since the awful day when I lost two of my loved ones, my family and I have been asking the US government to admit their error and say sorry. Our pleas has been ignored. No one will publicly admit that an American drone killed Salem and Waleed, even though we all know it. This is unjust,” said Ali Jaber.

Faisal’s brother-in-law Salem Ahmed bin Ali Jaber, was a cleric who had delivered an anti-Al-Qaeda speech just days before the strike. Three young men had driven to the village with the intention of trying to find Salem and asked to speak to him several times. Salem finally agreed to meet with them with Waleed as protection. As the five men talked, four Hellfire missiles killed them, as villagers watched on August 29, 2012 in eastern Yemen.

“The bodies of all five men were blown apart,” according to the complaint. “Salem and Waleed could be identified only be people who knew them well and could recognize body parts – such as distinctive hair on portions of the heads of Salem and Waleed found in the blast area.”

Salem is survived by a widow and seven children and Waleed, 26, had a wife and child.

More...http://rt.com/usa/265885-yemeni-families-sue-drone-strikes/

Land of the free-mason ... home of the drone pilot.

Was it Newton who said "for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction", whoever said it, much as I'd like to witness the final opposite reaction to the never-ending USA Action, I get the feeling it would be so large you'd have to watch it from space.
legendary
Oh, yeah. C'mon, sue them for millions of innocent victims. And where is the court placed? America itself? LOL

A small correction. The court is located in one of the American vassal states, and not in the United States itself (in the city of Hague, Netherlands to be precise). That said, the United States was one of the 7 countries that voted against the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court (the others were (China, Iraq, Israel, Libya, Qatar, and Yemen).
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
The families of an anti-Al-Qaeda cleric and a police officer killed in a US drone strike in Yemen in 2012, have filed a lawsuit in Washington, DC, seeking an official apology and acknowledgement that innocent civilians were mistakenly killed.

Faisal Ali Jaber, an engineer, who lost a brother-in-law Salem and his nephew Waleed in a drone strike, has filed the lawsuit. He is asking the District Court to declare the attack by the unmanned aircraft unlawful. The international human rights group Reprieve is giving Ali Jaber assistance.

The plaintiffs said they are seeking to break the secrecy surrounding drones strikes and have the court impose some public accountability for the program.

“Since the awful day when I lost two of my loved ones, my family and I have been asking the US government to admit their error and say sorry. Our pleas has been ignored. No one will publicly admit that an American drone killed Salem and Waleed, even though we all know it. This is unjust,” said Ali Jaber.

Faisal’s brother-in-law Salem Ahmed bin Ali Jaber, was a cleric who had delivered an anti-Al-Qaeda speech just days before the strike. Three young men had driven to the village with the intention of trying to find Salem and asked to speak to him several times. Salem finally agreed to meet with them with Waleed as protection. As the five men talked, four Hellfire missiles killed them, as villagers watched on August 29, 2012 in eastern Yemen.

“The bodies of all five men were blown apart,” according to the complaint. “Salem and Waleed could be identified only be people who knew them well and could recognize body parts – such as distinctive hair on portions of the heads of Salem and Waleed found in the blast area.”

Salem is survived by a widow and seven children and Waleed, 26, had a wife and child.

If there were any justice, the ''global policemen'' would pay for what they have done in the world. Serbia!!!, Yemen, Iraq, Libya, Egypt... Innocent civilians have died because of their interests, and that's why I'm supporting these law suits!
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
hyperboria - next internet
Activity: 28
Merit: 0

Anti-alqueda...LOL sure

Muslim lies are plain for all to see. These 'families' should watch themselves from now on - they have been marked now.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
The Americans never got punished for killing thousands of innocent children during their bombing campaign of Serbia in 1999. The NATO jets selectively bombed kindergartens and hospitals in Serbia, to force Milosevic to withdraw from Kosovo. The families of those dead children so far has got no compensation. And now these families of some dead Al Qaeda nutjobs expect that they'll get the compensation from the Americans. Funny.

The "merciful angel"...

When the recoking comes I hope it's the politicians and leaders of MERICA that get what they deserve not the public.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
It's a mind boggling demonstration of one rule for us and one rule for everyone else. I was watching a documentary where they appear to have a type of drone forecast on Pakistani TV to let people know whether they're likely to be wiped out that day.

I can't imagine mom and pop in Iowa would be too happy if they had to wait for a cloudy day for their barbecue to avoid a Hellfire up their arses.
legendary
The Americans never got punished for killing thousands of innocent children during their bombing campaign of Serbia in 1999. The NATO jets selectively bombed kindergartens and hospitals in Serbia, to force Milosevic to withdraw from Kosovo. The families of those dead children so far has got no compensation. And now these families of some dead Al Qaeda nutjobs expect that they'll get the compensation from the Americans. Funny.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

Pages:
Jump to: