Pages:
Author

Topic: Farewell - page 5. (Read 3647 times)

Activity: 2002
Merit: 633
Your keys, your responsibility
January 17, 2024, 08:40:27 PM
In my belief, someone has no right to judge someone's remaining lifespan, even a doctor. So in this case, I hope that the verdict about your own age is completely wrong and that you'll get through your difficult time well. In 1 decade you'll still be fine.
Come to my country, here there are many alternative ancestral treatments that can't be underestimated.

Stay healthy bor
Activity: 252
Merit: 32
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
January 17, 2024, 07:58:03 PM
You have not help me in anyway but from the tone of comments here, I can tell that you have contributed so much on this forum. I peeped through your total earned merit and you are the first member I have ever come across to have such numbers, that confirmed to me how good your post have been on the forum. I appreciate you and I will find time to read through your account's post. I feel emotional reading all these coments but there's nothing I can do but say fairwell. I really wish there is something I can use to identify you when we meet in this life or the life after.
copper member
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1899
Amazon Prime Member #7
January 17, 2024, 07:49:30 PM
Hi o_e_l_e_o / leo,

I haven't been able to spend much time on the forum over the past few years, but by chance, I happened to log in today.

Over the years, we have chatted in several threads about many topics. More often than not, we would disagree, and when we did disagree, you would always make a well-reasoned argument to support your position and would be respectful. I have to say that I have always enjoyed chatting with you, and tried to make a point to reply to your posts when you post in an interesting thread because you make for interesting conversation.

I am sorry to hear that you are sick and don't have much time left. I hope you are able to enjoy the last of your time with your family and loved ones.

You will be missed by many here and have been a major asset to the community over the years.

Godspeed.
Activity: 336
Merit: 495
Math + Code = Blockchain 😁
January 17, 2024, 07:33:59 PM
Very sad and painful.
I hope a miracle could somehow happen to you Cry
Bitcoin talk about to lose another legend  Cry
Writing you a farewell bid poem  is something I will definitely attempt.
Farewell dear o_e_l_e_o
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 6769
Currently not much available - see my websitelink
January 17, 2024, 07:10:51 PM
It's incredibly sad to read such a story.  Cry
You are an amazingly knowledgeable contributor to this forum and for sure, all members will miss you here a lot.

Of course, I still hope for a positive outcome as wonders are not impossible. 
At least I'll wish you as much happy time as possible.

You'll be remembered here as outstanding for sure.

All my best wishes.  Smiley
Activity: 406
Merit: 360
January 17, 2024, 07:04:56 PM
I have already started missing you as I was reading your farewell message and I must say that you are a humble teacher and you select your words which shows that you are a very nice person. The forum will miss you as I don't think that there will be anyone  to replace the vaccum that you left here. Your body and soul might not be with us anymore but your presence still remains here through your posts and write up, because they are very educative and will be very useful to present forum members and the ones that are here to come. You have dropped a good legacy here and we all will miss you forever in our hearts. I feel your pain down here, a great scholar is gone.
Farewell.
Activity: 1792
Merit: 871
Rollbit.com ⚔️Crypto Futures
January 17, 2024, 06:39:47 PM
Just learnt of this from TG and honestly, its some sad reading going through the OP...felt like shading a tear too but whatever the case you won't go down without a fight...

10 years of fighting shows how much of a fighter you are and I am sure you will push in for more time as miracles do happen and this could be the time for it to happen..

Otherwise, you are a gem to the forum and you will surely not be forgotten... Salute to you LEO!

Farewell Cry !!!!
LDL
Activity: 588
Merit: 598
January 17, 2024, 06:39:15 PM
Heartbreaking writing, you won't be around anymore feels so sad to read. I will feel your absence in mind and heart sometime. Maybe you and I will not be seen anywhere else in the Bitcoin Forum. We will miss you very much. Very few valuable users like you will come to the forum. Wishing you a very peaceful time ahead.

Farewell..o_e_l_e_o
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1264
Logo Designer ⛨ BSFL Division1
January 17, 2024, 05:54:43 PM
Dear Leo we are not going to forget about you, and I think you deserved to have your place in bitcointalk Hall of Fame!
This forum is never going to be the same without you, but I hope you will find peace in next days.
Thank you for your service and for being part of this community.
Activity: 392
Merit: 269
January 17, 2024, 05:53:34 PM
Without giving away too much personal info, I have a chronic disease. I've had this disease for a decade and have had a lot of treatment for it, but it is winning. I likely only have a few months left. And so, I bid you all farewell. I'll be spending as much of my remaining time as possible with my family. In a week or two, once this thread has run its course, I'll ask theymos to lock this account.

I have learnt a lot from many of you, and I hope many of you have learnt something from me. Although we will never meet, I would have loved to share a beer with many of you, and I hope you'll remember me fondly.

Leo
Is really sad reading every bit of your post and to imagine that you will no longer be with us, it really melt my heart with tears, I just want to let you no that you will forever be remembered with all the good memories and also the things we have learnt from you, actually is really hard to say farewell but I have to say it.

Farewell.
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 5894
Meh.
January 17, 2024, 05:44:56 PM
I am deeply saddened to read this, Leo. But I want to thank you for letting us know rather than being left wondering. This place won't be the same without you, you will be incredibly missed. <3
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 6279
be constructive or S.T.F.U
January 17, 2024, 05:23:30 PM
My friend Leo, I was hoping that whatever The Sceptical Chymist speculated was true. However, knowing you are a privacy-oriented person, I never doubted your skill to maintain that, and thus I sadly know it can't be the case.

To me, you stand out as one of the very small minority of people who gained their reputation and respect solely through their "content" and not by lobbying in the "right" sections or knowing the "right people." You are one of the very few people who understand BTC. Knowing that Bitcoin and cryptography, in general, is a complex science and not something you can learn in a few years, you not being involved in this field long enough and knowing what you already know simply proves you are out of this world.

You will always be missed.

Farewell.
Activity: 2674
Merit: 865
yesssir! 🫡
January 17, 2024, 05:20:16 PM
Daaaamn, this doesn't feel real Cry

Like most members, I've learned a lot from your posts and will probably still will in the years to come given the amount of your contributions on the forum. I am sure the same goes for the future members and visitors of the forum. You'll be missed greatly. Thanks a ton! I have nothing but good wishes for you and your family.

We will keep the torch running, see you on the next one, fam o/
Activity: 336
Merit: 365
The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>PID
January 17, 2024, 05:05:56 PM
Leo
This is another bad news on this forum. I wonder why we keep loosing our legends. Just months ago @lightwarrior, now you Huh Why is all theses happening. Don't we all get to leave this forum with happy ending and story to tell Cry Well farewell mate, your name will forever be remembered here on BTCT.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330
Slava Ukraini!
January 17, 2024, 04:59:03 PM
That's huge shock. That's one of these moments when I just don't know what to say. I still want to believe it's not true. Man, life just isn't right. We all are going to die one day, but I have no idea how you should feel that you have just several months remaining.
You're one of the most knowledgable members of this community, I've learned a lot from you. You will be missed a lot here and I'm thankful for everything what you've done here.
Spend your remaining time well that you won't have to regret about anything.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 4093
January 17, 2024, 04:46:49 PM

Stardust

Leo, woven from fire and stardust spun,
Not just of nebulae, your essence won.
A supernova's beat within your chest,
A pulsar's rhythm, guiding, strong, and blessed.

Your laughter, galaxies in joyous bloom,
Each whispered joke, a comet's fleeting plume.
Mountains rose, where laughter carved your name,
Salt in your tears, echoes of ocean's flame.

You dreamt in constellations, vast and bright,
Wind of space whispering through every night.
In your eyes, starlight's cosmic dance entwined,
A universe of wisdom, warm and kind.

More than stardust, Leo, you took flight,
Fiery spirit, burning ever bright.
A symphony of laughter, loud and proud,
Echoing still, in every tear-strewn cloud.

Each step you took, a stardust trail unfurled,
Thoughts like comets, arcing through the world.
Holding darkness close, you lit the way,
With galaxies of love, to guide our day.

Woven in the fabric of the cosmic whole,
Your laughter lingers, etching on each soul.
You are the echo, you are ours to keep,
The universe in slumber, whispers deep.

So let us rise, like mountains bold and strong,
Carry your laughter, sing your cosmic song.
For we are stardust, fire, and all we share,
The love you gave, a love beyond compare.

Leo, our Leo, gone but never lost,
In every starlit glance, forever crossed.
We'll dance with laughter, weep with starlight's gleam,
And hold your memory, a cherished, starry dream.

original poem by me made readable with the help of a LLM
-----------

fair winds and a following sea sir....you made a difference and shall not be forgotten, thank you
Activity: 490
Merit: 311
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
January 17, 2024, 04:41:23 PM
Just don't want to believe this is true, you have always been helping and guiding us. Really hope for a Miracle from the Lord.

I'm really not good with expressing emotions but till we met again either in this world or in the other.
The Lord is your strength
Activity: 267
Merit: 268
January 17, 2024, 04:29:18 PM
I had had a few interactions with him in topics about wasabi.  He seemed well-educated and good person.  If I can feel sadness, I can imagine how the rest might feel.

Farewell, o_e_l_e_o.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 6524
Fully-fledged Merit Cycler|Spambuster'23|Pie Baker
January 17, 2024, 04:21:16 PM
I read and reread this topic and I still hope I am not seeing what I'm seeing... This is terrible news for any person in this life. And, if you get to know that person a bit, the news is even more devastating. It's been a great honor for me to interact with you, o_e_l_e_o! You have been one of most iconic figures of this forum and an example for so many of us. May all the prayers said for you to ease your path!

Farewell...!
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 2174
Professional Community manager
January 17, 2024, 04:18:05 PM
Good night Leo.
Pages:
Jump to: