Pages:
Author

Topic: Fastest altcoin? - page 2. (Read 1473 times)

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
December 17, 2016, 06:20:35 AM
Actually since our blocks transactions are not full , we are only using 0.4 kB per block not the full 1meg per block , growth rate is ~ 1gig per year so far.
Our Orphan Chart can be viewed here https://chainz.cryptoid.info/zeit/#!extraction
Coin runs very well compared to others.

Cool

FYI:
ZEIT will be 3 years old in March 2017, Block Size is ~ 3 gig uncompressed.
Full Snapshot is 2.1 Gig compressed.
Snapshot is the Fastest way to sync
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14024462

We will be changing to an Ultra Low Inflation coin next year.
We will be the 1st Proof of Stake coin to do so.
.0005% per year.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032
All I know is that I know nothing.
December 17, 2016, 06:07:23 AM
confirmation and number of transaction/sec (TPS) are the same thing and it is 7 TPS for bitcoin i was right. and as i said the restriction factor is the size of the block that coin has and the time between the blocks and also i suppose the average size of the transactions.

in the end it doesn't matter BTC, DASH or ... if you can only put ~4000 transactions in one block they will all have the same restriction.

solution bigger block, shorter time between blocks, smaller transactions.

each of these have their own problems though which i am not expert enough to discuss at length but in short for example a bigger block or blocks that are mined with 2 minutes interval means size of the blockchain will be 100 GB in 500 days (it took bitcoin 7 years to reach 100 GB)

edit
ZEIT & Mint both have 20X BTC current transactions capacity.
Both running at a 30 second block speed.

here is an example for you. 30 seconds and if i take his word for it 20X current capacity means blockchain size is also growing 20x faster.
bitcoin : 7 years : 100 GB
ZEIT : ~100 days : 100 GB
(assuming it handles the same amount of transaction bitcoin is handling) having the potential is useless as long as it is not used.

also another problem that i forgot to mention is orphan blocks which will increase drastically with shorter time interval blocks.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
December 17, 2016, 06:05:14 AM
ZEIT & Mint both have 20X BTC current transactions capacity.
Both running at a 30 second block speed.

ZEIT
is 4 confirmations.

Cool
Activity: 43
Merit: 2
December 17, 2016, 05:57:11 AM
transaction/second depends on how many people are using it.

speed of transaction to appear on the network depends on the speed with which you can send the transaction out (internet speed) and the nodes to receive it and propagate it also based on the connectivity of the nodes (connected to 1 node takes longer than if you are connected to 100 and send the tx to all of them)

confirmation time also has nothing to do with the algorythm. it is based on the time difference between blocks. (how fast blocks are mined) if it is ~10 minute like bitcoin time is ~10 minutes. if an altcoin can mine blocks every 5 seconds then it is every 5 seconds.

number of transaction/second that the coin can handle depends on size of the block (eg 1 MB for bitcoin) and time between blocks (i think it is something like 7 tx/s for bitcoin)

so which one of these is your question?

You are absolutely true.

But when you use with same constellation bitcoin and dash. Dash will have better success.
Then my question is which altcoin can have with (theoretical) same network better results.
Number of transactions/second.
Bitcoin has maximum 6 i think.

About confirmation is the next question.
I prefer the speediest of course.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032
All I know is that I know nothing.
December 17, 2016, 05:49:20 AM
transaction/second depends on how many people are using it.

speed of transaction to appear on the network depends on the speed with which you can send the transaction out (internet speed) and the nodes to receive it and propagate it also based on the connectivity of the nodes (connected to 1 node takes longer than if you are connected to 100 and send the tx to all of them)

confirmation time also has nothing to do with the algorythm. it is based on the time difference between blocks. (how fast blocks are mined) if it is ~10 minute like bitcoin time is ~10 minutes. if an altcoin can mine blocks every 5 seconds then it is every 5 seconds.

number of transaction/second that the coin can handle depends on size of the block (eg 1 MB for bitcoin) and time between blocks (i think it is something like 7 tx/s for bitcoin)

so which one of these is your question?
Activity: 43
Merit: 2
December 17, 2016, 05:12:02 AM
Which altcoin has the many transactions/per second with:

Bitcoin based (SHA-256,...)
Predefined amount of coins.
Proof-of-Stake

Which is the speediest (up to 2 minutes)?

Thank you
Pages:
Jump to: