Pages:
Author

Topic: FATCA - page 2. (Read 4024 times)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0
October 05, 2012, 10:53:31 PM
I think we should boycott the US and impose trade sanctions.

The reporting agreement with the IRS is reciprocal (meaning that the US gives other countries information on their account holders with US accounts).  Compared to the rest of the world, the US has relatively fewer tax evaders with offshore bank accounts.  Thus the US is effectively lending the force of its financial markets for the global crackdown of tax cheats world-wide. 

Most countries are expected to enter into inter-governmental agreements with the US, meaning the international banking landscape will become more connected.  In 5 years, it will be extremely difficult to hide money in the traditional banking system.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1014
October 05, 2012, 10:47:40 PM
Wasn't sure where to post this, so I thought I would post it here

If you guys haven't heard about FATCA, you should look it up.  It's major US legislation, set to go into effect in January 2013, that requires all International Financial Institutions with American account holders to report account information to the IRS.  It's a pretty big deal, but it has gotten relatively little attention from the media.  Anyway, the purpose of this is to crack down on US tax evaders.

I wanted to see how you guys think this will affect BitCoin as tax cheats start looking for alternative ways to evade taxes.

If you want to avoid tax cheats, get rid of the IRS and just get all your money from sale tax. Other than that, it's an invasion of financial privacy and everybody who vote for the law should be persecuted for treason.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Wat
October 05, 2012, 10:46:24 PM
I think we should boycott the US and impose trade sanctions.
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
October 05, 2012, 10:45:00 PM
Wasn't sure where to post this, so I thought I would post it here

If you guys haven't heard about FATCA, you should look it up.  It's major US legislation, set to go into effect in January 2013, that requires all International Financial Institutions with American account holders to report account information to the IRS.  It's a pretty big deal, but it has gotten relatively little attention from the media.  Anyway, the purpose of this is to crack down on US tax evaders.

I wanted to see how you guys think this will affect BitCoin as tax cheats start looking for alternative ways to evade taxes.

Pages:
Jump to: