Pages:
Author

Topic: FBI Drags Google Glass Man From Theater on Piracy Fears - page 2. (Read 1821 times)

legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071
[...]

These guys did over-react, yes, but probably because it was their first time experiencing google glass.  

Wait a sec... please clarify this for me... Huh

Are you saying that never having seen Google Glasses before, they decided to play it safe and assume he was a terrorist?  Tongue

EDIT: Simplified post.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
This is absolutely nuts. Who in their right mind would think this is even semi-okay?
To be fair, it clearly states that recording devices are not allowed in theatres.  Google glass is a recording device.

That's kind of meaningless nowadays though; the most basic cellphones are recording devices for example.

And that is to say nothing of the completely out of proportion response to the incident.

Theatre workers will pull you out of the theatre as well if you are using a cell phone.

These guys did over-react, yes, but probably because it was their first time experiencing google glass. 
legendary
This is absolutely nuts. Who in their right mind would think this is even semi-okay?
To be fair, it clearly states that recording devices are not allowed in theatres.  Google glass is a recording device.

That's kind of meaningless nowadays though; the most basic cellphones are recording devices for example.

And that is to say nothing of the completely out of proportion response to the incident.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970

Activity: 868
Merit: 508
legendary
http://torrentfreak.com/fbi-drags-google-glass-man-from-theater-on-piracy-fears-140121/

A small quote from the article:

“They wanted to know who I am, where I live, where I work, how much I’m making, how many computers I have at home, why am I recording the movie, who am I going to give the recording to, why don’t I just give up the guy up the chain, ’cause they are not interested in me. Over and over and over again.”

And then yet more paranoia. Even though the Google Glass was switched off the man wasn’t allowed to touch the device out of fear he would “erase the evidence.” The FBI also asked some pretty strange questions.

“Then they wanted to know what does Google ask of me in exchange for Glass, how much is Google paying me, who is my boss and why am I recording the movie,” he explained.

I laughed a couple of times reading that article... so this is what the FBI is for. Grin
Pages:
Jump to: