Pages:
Author

Topic: [FCN] What would you change/introduce to FCN to make it more valuable? - page 2. (Read 1925 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Merged mining is FCNs main feature right now. What do we need to make it the most profitable coin to mine?
Im not a techie, but in my understanding the main issues are pools that support MM with FCN and competitors and a very timely update of the code base to keep up with the merged coins, right?

Maybe we can learn from Namecoin Huh

Yea, I thought so too but it looks like that merged mining itself was a BIG surprise addition to the Bitcoin and marketing wasn't needed.

I think we should re-introduce MM to the people. Last time it was discussed there was big BCN/MRO drama and people didn't actually learn anything.

Also, I actually wonder if pools are going to change the situation. People seem to be downed after the merged mining drama and think that it's bad but it, surely, isn't.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
Merged mining is FCNs main feature right now. What do we need to make it the most profitable coin to mine?
Im not a techie, but in my understanding the main issues are pools that support MM with FCN and competitors and a very timely update of the code base to keep up with the merged coins, right?

Maybe we can learn from Namecoin Huh
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Hello boys and girls,

As a topic header clearly states I would really love to hear from you about the things in FCN you would change/introduce to make it more valuable/interesting for the masses.

Probably the most popular topic will be the pool.

MM coins are super dependent from their “parents” - at this moment all main coins are being mined _mostly_ on pools. (by regular folks with one-two PC’s at home) And since MM is not implemented in it - FCN struggles.

I know that you’re able to mine FCN like all other coins but then all MM features are going to hell.

Also, I know that MRO folks were agains the MM and they’ve declined the hard fork proposal from TFT, okay, they are the part of the main coins now but still not really supportive of MM. I would really like to hear their points about it since I missed the initial discussion.
Personally, I love the MM idea, yes - difficulty will rise in all networks and you won’t get so much of a profit from it but you will be more protected from the theoretical attacks on the network. Less dependent from big miners that currently control the difficulty and price of all CN coins.

In theory, FCN can be and should be the most difficult the coin to mine but along side with difficulty will come protection from the attacks - it will be the most safe CN coin.

Well, I guess that’s all I wanted to tell you folks. Smiley

/discuss
Pages:
Jump to: