Pages:
Author

Topic: [FCT] Factom - A General Purpose Data Protocol and Tokenization Platform - page 15. (Read 24390 times)

Activity: 73
Merit: 2
I think factom is coming to binance, bithumb, okex, huobi anyone of these exchanges and this is why the price is going up due to accumulation! I am doing the same because this kinda price rise happens normally when some crypto is near to be listed on some big exchange!
Activity: 183
Merit: 100
A new thread dawns.
Activity: 304
Merit: 15
0xF8D135631a3dE808D86cA1CB1a5D4ecd9c2a0921
Congrats to the devs and investors, this is the only coin who's mooning with the current market...
copper member
Activity: 78
Merit: 0
The Factom Protocol Authority Node AMA has concluded.  Be sure to check out the great questions and answers.  There's some exciting tidbits in there.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

Today @YooyaChina announced their adoption of the Factom Harmony platform as their blockchain solution delivered through @Wancloud_, Factom's re-seller in China. See the full press release here: https://bit.ly/2U9WeFE
#blockchain #Factom

https://twitter.com/factom/status/1069609768355094528

Blog-Post:

Yooya Adopts Factom for Online Video Performance Verification in China
https://www.factom.com/company/news/press-release/yooya-adopts-factom-harmony/
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
During the last Bull run FCT hit $80 odd dollars at its peak.
Based on all the development and use cases since, what kind of price would you think it could peak at during the next run?
It still staggers me how little supply the project has.
Activity: 91
Merit: 12
Solaris & ZeroCoin & txbit.io exchange ! Go !!!
New thread for Factom Protocol project.
Consequently, FCT rocketed recent hours.
It is unimaginable effects from the open of new thread.
Activity: 26
New thread for Factom Protocol project.
Consequently, FCT rocketed recent hours.
It is unimaginable effects from the open of new thread.

It's unlikely that it's due to this new thread Smiley My personal opinion on the reasoning for the price rise over the last couple of weeks is:

Extremely oversold in my opinion for all that's going on in the ecosystem. This article talks about that: https://medium.com/@niels.klomp/visionary-704c72a66521

Equator was announced as a client of Factom Inc: https://www.factom.com/company/news/press-release/equator-blockchain-solution/ (this is very big)

Ledger Hardware wallet integration was finally released.
Great job on Factom Open Node!  It'll no doubt be valuable infrastructure for the Factom Protocol Ecosystem.
Activity: 1
Announcing Factom Open Node

Factom Authority Node Operators Bedrock Solutions, CryptoVikings, De Facto, and The Factoid Authority are proud to announce the availability of Factom Open Node!

The Factom Open node is a high-availability Factomd API endpoint located at:

Some features include:
  • Multi-cloud provider
  • No single point of failure
  • Automated monitoring and pool management
  • Multi-dimensional scalability with use

This effort is backed by a Factom Grant.

Please take a look at the official release below @ Reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/factom/comments/a1rxjg/factom_open_node_released
copper member
The dLoc application by Linxens which utilizes the Factom Protocol has been released to the Google Play Store.
My ANO (Factomize) just showcased our Proof of Concept during the AMA:

FuseNet - A Content Publishing Protocol on Top of the Factom Protocol

When people think of the Factom Protocol, they think of validating data by entering a hash into the blockchain. While that's a huge use case for Factom, as the announcement of the tokenization and smart contract FAT Protocol showcases, it is far from the only use case for the Factom Protocol. Factomize would like to showcase a Proof of Concept (PoC) we built called Fusenet.

Fusenet is a content publishing protocol on top of the Factom Protocol. This is merely a Proof of Concept (PoC) showcasing how much more is possible with the Factom Protocol due to its brilliant pure data design. If you proceed to this link you will see the PoC. What you see looks like a forum and it is, but the data is 100% on chain. What you see is a fully decentralized, censorship resistant, immutable forum running on top of the Factom Protocol.

Factomize chose to showcase a forum as its PoC as that's our primary area of expertise and it was easy to integrate into our existing forum platform. But as I said, FuseNet is a content publishing protocol. More specifically, FuseNet is a protocol for Factom on-chain content, based on the idea that anyone with access to the Factom network can easily create their own or contribute to existing content. FuseNet consists of several independent Products which are interpreted by Clients, which provide a front-end. Clients may combine any product as they see fit and have full control over how to interpret the protocol.

Think of Products as standards. You can have a forum Product as we've shown, blog Product, website Product, etc. And then however many Clients that compete for customers that want to use their version of the Client to showcase that content. So you could have a decentralized Reddit with 50 different Clients all competing for how to do it better but using the same content. Different ranking algorithms, different looks, fewer ads, etc, and they all use Entry Credits. Or you could have a decentralized blog and switch between Clients. So if you got sick of medium.com maybe you switch to whatever.com's blog client which incentivizes you somehow. And your content is still there, tied to your identity. Heck, maybe even a decentralized ebay or amazon could somehow be devised.

Here's the current FuseNet spec.

In closing, the Factom Protocol is more than just hashes in a blockchain. It's more than tokenization and smart contracts. Due to its brilliant design, it can reshape how the internet works. The use cases are limitless, you just have to use your imagination.
copper member
What is the team working on this Factom Protocol project?
I looked at official website and could not find any information about team members.
Maybe I missed something....
Greetings!  There isn't a single team building the Factom Protocol but a coalition of companies called "Authority Node Operators" (ANOs) as we're one of the most decentralized blockchain projects in existence.

You can see those companies here.  Eventually, there will be 65+ ANOs

There are a handful of Core developers from different companies and they should be listed on the website in the next few weeks.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
What is the team working on this Factom Protocol project?
I looked at official website and could not find any information about team members.
Maybe I missed something....
copper member
copper member
Why the new thread and why is a newbie account making it? Now you don't have the ability to add graphics/logos to the thread. All of the history of the old thread is gone now too.

Can you at least link to the old thread?

Also, can the team please keep this thread up to date with regular updates and interactions with forum members?
The old thread was created by Factom Inc.  Since Milestone 3 was released where Authority Node Operators now provide the infrastructure to decentralize the Protocol, the Factom Protocol has become one of the most decentralized blockchain projects in existence.  It's important that decentralization is not just technical, however.  If a single entity controlled important communication mediums like this one, that would be problematic.  As such, in the spirit of decentralization, this login is shared among the entire Factom Protocol Marketing Committee which Factom Inc (which is now an ANO) is also a part of.  While we may have been able to take over the Factom Inc account, there's a variety of reasons we chose not to do that such as then we'd have access to their private communications which isn't fair.

Once this account becomes more established, we'll add graphics.

The old thread is linked in the second sentence of this thread.

We will absolutely be updating this thread on a regular cadence!  Smiley
Activity: 924
Merit: 526
GIF by SOCIFI
Why the new thread and why is a newbie account making it? Now you don't have the ability to add graphics/logos to the thread. All of the history of the old thread is gone now too.

Can you at least link to the old thread?

Also, can the team please keep this thread up to date with regular updates and interactions with forum members?
I'm David Chapman, CEO of Factomize LLC, one of the Factom Protocol Authority Nodes.  I wanted to let everyone know that many of the ANOs are taking part in an AMA over on Reddit located here. Come ask some hard questions and we'll start to answer them on November 29th starting at 18:00 UTC.
Activity: 405
Merit: 105
It has been a while actually since the last time I heard anything about Factom and seems like Factom did a good job a couple weeks ago when we were in the decline.
You have been away for far too long.
Let's get it started again Factomers!
Pages:
Jump to: