Pages:
Author

Topic: Fear Of August 1st - page 7. (Read 4744 times)

Activity: 484
Merit: 250
HubrisOne
July 21, 2017, 09:39:00 PM
never worry about it, just buy cheap bitcoin.

you will lose only if you sell.
Activity: 938
Merit: 559
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
July 21, 2017, 08:00:37 PM
I think that making any trading decisions related to August 1st is basically gambling.  It's very tough to gauge how other traders are going to react to the event.

It'll be a tad more bullish now that BIP 91 is locked in, because it seems like the splits will be less relevant in the short term.  Still, definitely hard to tell.

If I were you I'd just short when it gets overheated (like the leap to $2740 it just did) and go long when it dips (the $1800 thing recently).  Once it gets anywhere close to the actual date, definitely withdraw to your own wallet.  You don't want an exchange controlling your private keys when it actually happens.
Activity: 420
July 21, 2017, 07:58:22 PM
On the 18th of July, after the market  hqd taken a plunge two days earlier, this was the picture on my trading desk. Looking at the picture and then the possibility of a split into 2 - 4 Bitcoin coins, what was going to be your decision? Do you think those indicators have anything to add in reaching a trading decision? In between when this shot was taken and now, market have moved from $2300 to Over $2700 and most likely testing $3000 before 1st of August!

http://i.imgur.com/ppMzXikl.png

My decission was selling it. I really couldn't take the risk of sharp downs. I sold it out and started to wait for 1 august segwit. Carrying positions very dangerous for now.

By the way, what's the chart or system you used in the image? It's very cool.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1030
Privacy is always important
July 21, 2017, 07:47:25 PM
Honestly i don't understand what actually do you mean.. Well bitcoin was stable few weeks ago with $2300 value but people are afraid about segwit or what will happen in august 1 that is why the price was drop until $1800 value but after beginning running segwit software by some miners its normally running this is what i heard from them and announce that segwit is running normally so it means after august 1 after activation it will running normally..
This is the reason the price was increasing fast until the price was touch back to $2700 value ..  but the fear after this month there are still people are afraid after august 1.
Activity: 952
July 21, 2017, 07:47:12 PM
I do trust segwit. Why so worry about August 1? Just sell all your Bitcoin to any shitcoin you like. Then rebuy it at the dip after August 1. Instant money.

Trade your worry to profit Wink
Activity: 910
Merit: 523
July 21, 2017, 07:37:27 PM
What do you mean? Bitcoin price still persist over $2650 and where do you find it at $2300, on your trading desk?
Do not spreading fud news, bitcoin won't split into 2-4 coins, bitcoin still one and always be the one, consensus rule make it happen.
People or miners simply choose to signaling for segwit or not, if the hashrate on the deadline still not enough around 89%-95%, then it won't be activated. Let's see what will happen in August, but I'm quite sure bitcoin won't split.
Edit : For BIP148 Bitcoin, if garners >51% of the network hashrate, UASF supporters are victorious.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 517
July 21, 2017, 07:21:19 PM
On the 18th of July, after the market  hqd taken a plunge two days earlier, this was the picture on my trading desk. Looking at the picture and then the possibility of a split into 2 - 4 Bitcoin coins, what was going to be your decision? Do you think those indicators have anything to add in reaching a trading decision? In between when this shot was taken and now, market have moved from $2300 to Over $2700 and most likely testing $3000 before 1st of August!

Pages:
Jump to: