Pages:
Author

Topic: FED should buy stocks instead of government bonds - page 2. (Read 2132 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol
companies' sells going down -> cut staffs -> more people becomes jobless or threatened by jobless possibility and spend less -> total demand going down -> companies' sells going down -> cut staffs -> ......

This is an economic fallacy. This "model" supposes that there is only one type of good being produced.

This does not happen in the real economy. Its only inflationist propaganda.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination
How about the FED stops trying to "fix" things?  Then we might actually recover.

That is also a good suggestion, but I'm afraid without we seeing a much deeper recession and everyone has been pushed to edge of poorverty, we are not going to see it happen

companies' sells going down -> cut staffs -> more people becomes jobless or threatened by jobless possibility and spend less -> total demand going down -> companies' sells going down -> cut staffs -> ......

This downward spiral can continue forever until either companies stop cutting staffs or the total demand can not going down further. With today's high speed development in software and automation, the process to cut staffs and replace them with software can go on for a long time before any major resistance showing up. And the total demand can also going down for decades since people can find cheaper and cheaper products and cut spending, sell assets etc...
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1002
The fed should stop buying things if he doesn't want the dollar to hyperinflate.
legendary
Beyond Imagination
And which stocks get this lucky prop-up for nothing?  Let me guess, Goldman?

S&P 500 index
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol
Thats silly. The Fed should buy my house and my products. That way the (my) economy would recover very quickly.

And the price of food is very cheap, poor people have it too easy, so more money printing and higher food prices is not going to matter.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
How about the FED stops trying to "fix" things?  Then we might actually recover.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
And which stocks get this lucky prop-up for nothing?  Let me guess, Goldman?
legendary
Beyond Imagination
In this way, the stimulus money will have much better effect

I hope they even buy my used car for 1 billion$, because I can guarantee I will spend all those income, not like those big corporations sitting on tons of cash and doing cost cutting which bring down the total demand of the whole society  Angry

Pages:
Jump to: