Pages:
Author

Topic: Feedback on our new search engine for Bitcointalk - page 2. (Read 366 times)

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18706
Really nice search engine - bookmarked for future use.

My only suggestion would be to change the way replies to top level results are displayed. I searched for "Nano", and the second result was followed by about 40 replies - had to scroll past them all to get to the third result. My suggestion would be to show only 3 replies by default, but introduce a small button under each top level result that would display all replies to that result if pressed.
copper member
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
My Opinion :
Good Search Engine.. I had try to looking for "Bounty" on your tool, but displayed results is dominated by redit result. Where is Bitcointalk result? Hehe

So far so good for this search engine. Great Project.

My Suggestion :
• Make Category or Sub-Menu. That will be easy if we search from many site.
• Add Pop Up view to small preview before leaving page.

Great suggestions! Adding a "filter by website" is a good idea and something we'll work on adding.

I like the preview idea, as well. Need to figure out the best way to build that.

Keep the suggestions coming  Smiley
copper member
Nice tool but how to sort result by descending dates? I have results from different years at the top of search results.

Also the number of displayed results is quite limited.

We're working on pagination, so you'll be able to see all the results and go through them page by page.

The sorting by descending dates is a good idea. We'll add the feature this week!
copper member
We've spent the last 6 months building a new search engine specific to cryptocurrency websites, and wanted to get some feedback on our alpha: https://amuletplatform.com/data/

Currently we're indexing 24M+ posts across Bitcointalk (english boards) and Reddit's biggest crypto subreddits. We're working on adding Telegram, YouTube, and Twitter.

We think we can do a better job than Google for the following reasons:
1) We index faster than Google (on average we index new posts in less than 10m).
2) We rank results based on the poster's history (e.g. if our algorithms detect users who shill or post low quality content, and rank them lower)
3) We detect coin names in the search result and show additional information about a coin (e.g. Bitcointalk announcement post, Telegram, etc.)

Give it a try and let us know what features you'd like to see. We're still fixing a lot of bugs, so the system is very stable yet.

This search engine is absolutely amazing. Please do add a few more sources, as I could see this site easily being one of the most used to research all kinds of blockchain projects and upcoming coins. It reminds me a lot of https://www.sec.gov/edgar/searchedgar/companysearch.html, which is often used to search for company filings.

A few general tips for the search engine: There might be better algorithms for which posts you choose to show to the user. Some of the posts that I see when I search up for a very common term like "bitcoin" seem pretty useless. I understand how the general site should and can be used for altcoins and ICO's, but I think that could be a great start.

Definitely keeping your ANN thread in my sight.

Definitely- we need to improve the result for common keywords. The search was initially designed for altcoins, but many people will probably start by searching "Bitcoin."
Activity: 499
Merit: 268
PAYJOE93 DESIGN SERVICE
My Opinion :
Good Search Engine.. I had try to looking for "Bounty" on your tool, but displayed results is dominated by redit result. Where is Bitcointalk result? Hehe

So far so good for this search engine. Great Project.

My Suggestion :
• Make Category or Sub-Menu. That will be easy if we search from many site.
• Add Pop Up view to small preview before leaving page.

Activity: 192
Merit: 25
Nice tool but how to sort result by descending dates? I have results from different years at the top of search results.

Also the number of displayed results is quite limited.

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039
We've spent the last 6 months building a new search engine specific to cryptocurrency websites, and wanted to get some feedback on our alpha: https://amuletplatform.com/data/

Currently we're indexing 24M+ posts across Bitcointalk (english boards) and Reddit's biggest crypto subreddits. We're working on adding Telegram, YouTube, and Twitter.

1) We index faster than Google (on average we index new posts in less than 10m).
2) We rank results based on the poster's history (e.g. if our algorithms detect users who shill or post low quality content, and rank them lower)
3) We detect coin names in the search result and show additional information about a coin (e.g. Bitcointalk announcement post, Telegram, etc.)

Give it a try and let us know what features you'd like to see. We're still fixing a lot of bugs, so the system is very stable yet.

This search engine is absolutely amazing. Please do add a few more sources, as I could see this site easily being one of the most used to research all kinds of blockchain projects and upcoming coins. It reminds me a lot of https://www.sec.gov/edgar/searchedgar/companysearch.html, which is often used to search for company filings.

A few general tips for the search engine: There might be better algorithms for which posts you choose to show to the user. Some of the posts that I see when I search up for a very common term like "bitcoin" seem pretty useless. I understand how the general site should and can be used for altcoins and ICO's, but I think that could be a great start.

Definitely keeping your ANN thread in my sight.
copper member
Hey mate, this search engine is freaking awesome. Specially liked that you can directly go to projects telegram, github, etc directly from the search results. Great work!

Thanks! If you click on a coin's name in the search results (e.g. for augur: https://amuletplatform.com/data/coin/84), you'll be able to see every historical post about augur overlayed on top of coin price.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 952
Hey mate, this search engine is freaking awesome. Specially liked that you can directly go to projects telegram, github, etc directly from the search results. Great work!

copper member

Updated
Per popular demand, pagination to the search results has been added. We're working on the other feature requests.  Cool
Pages:
Jump to: