Pages:
Author

Topic: [FEEDBACK REQUEST] Bitcoin cloud services - page 2. (Read 5505 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
September 08, 2013, 01:37:13 PM
This would interest me providing I could do some sort of split private key arrangement.
Activity: 142
Merit: 100
Hive/Ethereum
September 08, 2013, 12:29:17 PM
Personally, I would never host Bitcoins on a machine I don't own the metal to.

I know trust is a concern many people in this community have, but it's a sliding scale with level of service/amount of trust. Sure, it's feasible to host your own metal somewhere, but you're still trusting the network providers, hosting company, hardware manufacturers, etc.

Would you be more interested if the machines were dedicated versus virtual? Or is "renting" a service completely out of the question for you, personally?
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
September 08, 2013, 12:03:26 PM
Personally, I would never host Bitcoins on a machine I don't own the metal to.
Hive/Ethereum
September 08, 2013, 11:45:29 AM
Bump for formatting update. Looking for all feedback, positive or negative! Lots of views, but no comments?
Hive/Ethereum
September 07, 2013, 11:52:21 PM
Trying to figure out if developers would make use of bitcoin cloud services:

• pre-configured bitcoind VM
    • up-to-date blockchain
    • txindex=1 for full querying
    • optionally enable an authenticated REST interface to interact with bitcoind, including "spend from address" functionality
    • optionally enable Abe for blockchain viewing
  • block/transaction notifications delivered via Webhooks
  • high-availability, low-latency, geo-distributed REST-queryable blockchain cache

The idea being to make it easier for developer to code something new without having to deal with the pain of setting up the client. The services would be designed to complement the model being done by other cloud providers, so you can string together services with some REST calls and Webhooks.

Feedback requested, whether positive, negative, or otherwise.

Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: