Pages:
Author

Topic: FeedZeBirds UPDATE Feb 9, 2013 - page 7. (Read 23796 times)

Activity: 283
Merit: 250
Making a better tomorrow, tomorrow.
June 10, 2012, 03:31:09 PM
We made a new campaign for a last minute marketing push. Everyone tweet! http://www.feedzebirds.com/3g9lk

I really like that you can retweet this and have the proceeds go straight into your GLBSE account where you can use it to buy FZB. You can bootstrap into bitcoin stock ownership without ever having your own wallet!
To add to Shiresilvers reply it seems so perfect that I can advertise Bitcoin using Feedzebirds at the same time as making Bitcoin doing that and then as he says having that go directly into buying more shares for Feedzebirds!!! I am so loving this!  Cheesy!
Activity: 283
Making a better tomorrow, tomorrow.
June 10, 2012, 03:23:25 PM
We made a new campaign for a last minute marketing push. Everyone tweet! http://www.feedzebirds.com/3g9lk

I really like that you can retweet this and have the proceeds go straight into your GLBSE account where you can use it to buy FZB. You can bootstrap into bitcoin stock ownership without ever having your own wallet!

Totally +1 Cheesy
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
June 04, 2012, 03:37:52 PM

Now *THIS* is what a prospectus should look like. It almost sounds like you have a business plan that extends beyond the IPO period! Smiley

I just read it and WOW...
Activity: 364
[#][#][#]
June 04, 2012, 02:30:53 PM
Congratulations FZB!

Does anyone want to loan me some shares?

Is this appropriate to discus here?

you are shorting?
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014
Strength in numbers
May 26, 2012, 06:56:00 PM
Congratulations FZB!

Does anyone want to loan me some shares?

Is this appropriate to discus here?
legendary
Activity: 873
Merit: 1000
May 26, 2012, 06:26:19 PM
Big congratulations here on a good ipo. Now go out and show facebook how to really make an awesome business...

like rising after the ipo instead of dropping?

up more than 10% already.

up up up!
legendary
Activity: 945
Merit: 1003
May 26, 2012, 12:48:52 PM
Big congratulations here on a good ipo. Now go out and show facebook how to really make an awesome business...

Seriously, good luck!
donator
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
May 26, 2012, 04:00:31 AM
Was this it?

trade:[email protected]:FZB.A
Nope that was just me buying some shares Tongue that was before the sell off of all the renaming shares Tongue
//DeaDTerra
k
Activity: 451
May 25, 2012, 07:57:51 PM
I'm sorry my mistake the volume is there.

There was over 1000btc traded today, so at 0.08667 that buys the remaining IPO shares I guess. For some reason I was getting mixed up with the 22,500 shares and thinking the volume should be 22500 rather than the btc amount.

Anyway congratulations on a successful IPO and best of luck with feedzebirds.

Activity: 602
Merit: 512
GLBSE Support [email protected]
May 25, 2012, 07:39:51 PM
Was this it?

trade:[email protected]:FZB.A
k
May 25, 2012, 06:42:24 PM
maybe just takes time to update
Activity: 316
May 25, 2012, 06:34:34 PM
were they sold on the GLBSE platform or "off the books" as it were. don't see that volume on GLBSE

All on GLBSE. Not sure why they wouldn't show up on the books...
k
May 25, 2012, 06:32:18 PM
Thanks to a large purchase just now, we have officially sold all IPO shares!

This means we have raised the funds we need to put our development plan into action. As a matter of fact, it has already been started. Roger Ver of Memory Dealers has been kind enough to translate FeedZeBirds into Japanese for us, and the mobile site is more than half done. Time to get to work!

were they sold on the GLBSE platform or "off the books" as it were. don't see that volume on GLBSE
May 25, 2012, 03:51:04 PM
Thanks to a large purchase just now, we have officially sold all IPO shares!

This means we have raised the funds we need to put our development plan into action. As a matter of fact, it has already been started. Roger Ver of Memory Dealers has been kind enough to translate FeedZeBirds into Japanese for us, and the mobile site is more than half done. Time to get to work!
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021
Democracy is the original 51% attack
May 25, 2012, 03:42:27 PM

UPDATE: All IPO shares have been sold as of 3:40pm EST May 25
Activity: 139
Merit: 100
May 24, 2012, 09:27:41 PM
In a real stock market priority going to early bids is important, but on GLBSE people can simply outbid you by 1 satoshi and get priority. Bidding 1 satoshi higher on an order of 1000 shares stills costs you well under $0.01, so there's no real reason not to do it. The result is that the practical cost of sniping shares is zero.

I love that about pricing in Bitcoin. Granularity is important. If the purpose of the market is to find the right price, then how much more right is the price when it is accurate to a an extra 6 decimal places? Smiley

Saw this blog post today and thought it was interesting in relation to the discussion above on the minimum trade increments.

http://marginalrevolution.com/marginalrevolution/2012/05/should-stocks-trade-in-0001-increments.html

So GLBSE has effectively taken this issue to the other extreme, where I would argue that the one satoshi increment is so small that no value is being added to the market by such small incremental bids in order to snipe shares.

Suppose an IPO of 30000 shares is offered and an arbitrage bot can outbid the offer price by one satoshi in the millisecond before the shares are offered, then turns around and resells the shares. Is the extra 30000 satoshis the issuer receives actually a benefit to them? Or suppose that two arbitrage bots are outbidding each other by 1 satoshi as quickly as GLBSE can process the orders. One will win the shares, but is that winner "smarter" at discovering the "true price"?  Would that price ever have been discovered if there wasn't a pointless race?

/rantcomplete
May 24, 2012, 05:15:00 PM
In a real stock market priority going to early bids is important, but on GLBSE people can simply outbid you by 1 satoshi and get priority. Bidding 1 satoshi higher on an order of 1000 shares stills costs you well under $0.01, so there's no real reason not to do it. The result is that the practical cost of sniping shares is zero.

I love that about pricing in Bitcoin. Granularity is important. If the purpose of the market is to find the right price, then how much more right is the price when it is accurate to a an extra 6 decimal places? Smiley

Saw this blog post today and thought it was interesting in relation to the discussion above on the minimum trade increments.

http://marginalrevolution.com/marginalrevolution/2012/05/should-stocks-trade-in-0001-increments.html

That was a great read. I'd never thought about high speed trading as an alternative to precise pricing, but it seems so obvious.
k
May 24, 2012, 04:54:21 PM

legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
May 24, 2012, 04:50:27 PM
I believe that's true too. For bids that are at the same price, earlier ones get priority.

Technically wouldn't the IPO'd shares at 0.08667 be "same time or earlier" than my bid, and thus no matter my bid amount as long as it is at 0.08667 BTC or higher, the trade will occur at 0.08667 until all those at that price have sold out?

I would think that to be a flaw in how IPOs are handled.  You want to have bidders willing to go higher, to know the true demand for the IPO'd shares.  This way it makes it that the investor needs to personally attend the account during the IPO, rather than allowing orders to be entered well in advance and let the system market do what markets do.
May 24, 2012, 04:00:22 PM
I was interested, but the company is vastly overvalued, IMO.  I think when I calculated it, the per-share IPO puts the valuation of the company at $43,000 or so.  It's just not worth that much given the past earnings.

I'm in a similar boat. Also, twitter just isn't my bag.

That said I am sure they will be successful and maybe they will prove us wrong.

Value is, of course, subjective. Based on how other companies with similar business models are faring, I don't think we'll have any trouble justifying our price pretty quickly. Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: