Pages:
Author

Topic: Feminists Freak Out Over Suggestion Women Learn Self Defense to Avoid Rape - page 2. (Read 4217 times)

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
A pistol shot in the belly is a good way to tech men not to rape.  Kiss
Would that shot be before during or after the karate takedown?

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
My wife has a concealed carry permit and has taken self defense classes. This is just another round about way to bash men. I am pretty sure that even the most recalcitrant rapists know they are not supposed to do it.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
“Teach men not to rape.” - because it’s not universally understood that rape is wrong. #morons

.... Fuck off >_<

I think teaching women self-defence is a great idea, just as long as what they're taught isn't shit, there's some awful stuff out there, where was it I saw an article on this type of thing? India? Africa? There were a bunch of women that were learning martial arts so they could defend against men if they tried to rape them.

Honestly, I'd like these people who tell us all to not carry guns and use self-defence to try and talk to the really unstable countries in a civil war or worse, they'd probably get laughed at, I'm really thinking now people who argue for gun control and against self-defence haven't ever been in danger.
Activity: 462
I thought feminism was about empowering women. Certainly this reaction is proof they don't understand human nature. Some people are going to do bad things, even when they're know those things are wrong. Simply educating the would-be baddies is not going to help their victims.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
A pistol shot in the belly is a good way to tech men not to rape.  Kiss
Activity: 434
i don't think a beauty pageant should be considered a "feminist," especially when she is objectifying her beauty/physical body for money and fame. these ladies are pretty, and that's all they are.. so ridiculing them for their "beliefs" is a moot point.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Gee whiz. Do both.  Roll Eyes Besides, martial arts make for a good cardio workout. Ladies, how many workouts are going to both burn off that extra five pounds and help you fight off that creepy stalker? Sign up for kickboxing classes today.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001
Feminists Freak Out Over Miss Nevada Suggestion Women Learn Self Defense to Avoid Rape

'We shouldn't teach women self-defense so they can avoid being raped, rather we should only teach men it is bad to rape.'

That's the logic coming from leftist feminists in response to Miss Nevada Nia Sanchez, now Miss USA, suggesting last night that women should learn self-defense in order to prevent or avoid being sexually assaulted. Sanchez is a fourth degree black belt in taekwondo.

First, Miss Nevada's suggestion during Miss USA last night and after she won the title:
Cont...http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2014/06/09/feminists-freak-out-over-miss-nevada-suggestion-women-learn-self-defense-n1849213
This was all over national radio yesterday and the lefties were made a mockery of. They're for empowering women in every category over men except self defense. Undecided It's episodes like this where the left just totally loses any sort of credibility w/ the average American. Sounds crazy.
Pages:
Jump to: