Pages:
Author

Topic: Fiat currencies - page 9. (Read 1696 times)

Activity: 2366
Merit: 793
Bitcoin = Financial freedom
October 13, 2019, 02:41:30 PM
Dollar is most used currency in forex market and also oil prices were linked with dollars not in any other fiat so this makes it more stronger I guess.FED have policies which strictly monitor the supply and demand level and always keeps the inflation under control but in the recent days things were changing which might be a reason for the dollar to be fall from the most dominant currency in the next decade.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500
October 13, 2019, 02:14:24 PM
Some say that dollar is weak and getting weaker.

But dollar is still strongest currency.

Look at the stable coins like : pax, usdc, usdt true usd and more...  They are pegged with usd.
But how many stable coins are for euro or other currencies? 

As people spreading rumours that dollar will  collapse and losing dominance, i see different.

My main question is what makes usd so dominant?

And why the euro value is higher then usd but USA dollar is still dominant, do you think that usd will be replaced by euro?

What's Ur take on that?

Dollar is used as a foreign reserve currency by majority of the countries in the world. Also dollar is the main settlement currency is all major international trade. These two reasons make dollar as the most dominant currency in the world. I can suggest an informative article for you to read about this matter,

https://www.thebalance.com/world-currency-3305931

It will give you a macro level understanding why dollar is so strong and used as a world currency!

The reason EUR was developed is to make Europe more financially independent and to minimize the dominance of USD. The same article shows a graph which says, the EUR dominance is only 1/3rd of the USD dominance in the world market. I don't think USD will ever be replaced by EUR, but yes, can give some serious competition to it!
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 1153
October 13, 2019, 01:34:04 PM

I agree that dollar is still the strongest currency but it will be just a matter of time before other currency overthrown it.  The main reason why Dollar is so dominant because  it is the world's major reserve currency, thanks to Bretton Woods Agreement.

And why the euro value is higher then usd but USA dollar is still dominant, do you think that usd will be replaced by euro?
What's Ur take on that?

Same  answer as Wexnident

As for why euro is valued higher, it is very simple. Supply and demand. Euros have a much lower supply across the globe when compared to USD which has a larger amount of Volume because it stimulates the economic growth with it.
Activity: 1736
Merit: 121
October 13, 2019, 01:24:08 PM

What's Ur take on that?

Apart from that US financial and monitory policy is very strong, US dollar is used across as a means of exchange and trade. The US financial statistics is open to all and can be accessed by all, even there data and can be acted upon. These and more are reasons for demand of dollar which can be traced to such dominance too.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483
October 13, 2019, 12:36:49 PM

Look at the stable coins like : pax, usdc, usdt true usd and more...  They are pegged with usd.

tether also has a euro stablecoin built on ethereum: https://etherscan.io/token/0xabdf147870235fcfc34153828c769a70b3fae01f

they recently launched one for the offshore chinese yuan too: https://tether.to/tether-now-supports-offshore-chinese-yuan-cnh-launches-cnht-stablecoin/

As people spreading rumours that dollar will  collapse and losing dominance, i see different.

if the dollar collapses, the world economy collapses. economies are so interdependent now that financial contagion spreads like wildfire across the globe. no major fiat currency is safe.
Activity: 2576
Merit: 666
I don't take loans, ask for sig if I ever do.
October 13, 2019, 12:06:43 PM

Look at the stable coins like : pax, usdc, usdt true usd and more...  They are pegged with usd.

As people spreading rumours that dollar will  collapse and losing dominance, i see different.

What's Ur take on that?
Yes, dollar is still the strongest currency when we consider the fiat currencies. In general though, Fiat currencies are indeed getting weaker and weaker with banks rushing to lower interest value, making fiat currencies value itself depreciate. You can find more information about that here: https://bitcoinerx.com/finance/fiat-money-not-worth-anything-anymore-admits-banking-giant-ceo/. (found this link in CryptoBrys' post)

Now as to your main question why USD is dominant, it is because US is behind it. It is because its economy can back the currency of USD, making it the strongest currency out of all. You can find more information why it is strong here:https://www.thebalance.com/world-currency-3305931

As for why euro is valued higher, it is very simple. Supply and demand. Euros have a much lower supply across the globe when compared to USD which has a larger amount of Volume because it stimulates the economic growth with it.
Activity: 392
Merit: 7
October 13, 2019, 11:45:18 AM

What's Ur take on that?
Pages:
Jump to: