Pages:
Author

Topic: Fiat-to-crypto: is it safe? - page 3. (Read 608 times)

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146
September 25, 2019, 11:01:00 AM
Hey everyone. I'm new to crypto and I wanted to ask if there's a point of buying crypto with a credit card.
I found a lot of exchanges where users can easily (as they say) buy cryptocurrencies with their bank card. I mean, at binance they request like a lot of data about me, including my phone number or date of birth.
Aren't they selling my private info (that would explain 0,25$ fee on changelly for example), and doesn't that conflicts with the statement about my anonymity?

That would be fair for every fiat-to-crypto exchange, so my question is: do you use it and is it really safe?
Most exchanges will ask for KYC when your withdrawal limit is high but you mentioned buying with credit card then you maybe asked for KYC when the limit is low.So you can go with anonymous exchange if you don't care about the high fee.

No one can assure your documents will be safe forever because you are uploading that in internet.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 3645
September 25, 2019, 10:51:49 AM
Even Facebook sells your data, so if you want privacy, stop using them.
I am not saying that they are doing this, but Binance will not risk her reputation for selling your identity since they are making a good profit.
This data may be given to governments and the platform may be hacked, but the likelihood that you will be at risk from sharing your data with them seems minimal.

You should read the Terms of Service and hire a lawyer to file a case against them if your data is leaked.
Activity: 253
Merit: 11
September 25, 2019, 10:38:26 AM

I think you should go through the exchanges Terms of Service or FAQ to understand how they handle your private information...Not like they will be very transparent about it though but little explanation is better than nothing.
If you want anonymity/privacy you could use decentralized exchanges like Bisq.

Sure, Terms of Service or FAQ may be useful, but at the same time lack of transparency gives service an opportunity to use the it in their favor.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
September 25, 2019, 10:29:44 AM
Hey everyone. I'm new to crypto and I wanted to ask if there's a point of buying crypto with a credit card.
I found a lot of exchanges where users can easily (as they say) buy cryptocurrencies with their bank card. I mean, at binance they request like a lot of data about me, including my phone number or date of birth.
Aren't they selling my private info (that would explain 0,25$ fee on changelly for example), and doesn't that conflicts with the statement about my anonymity?

That would be fair for every fiat-to-crypto exchange, so my question is: do you use it and is it really safe?
The only way in which you are going to be 100% sure that your information is not up for sell somewhere or that hackers are unable to obtain it is to never give up your information on the first place, I know that it sounds very convenient to be able to use an electronic form of fiat to buy a decentralized and electronic form of money, and it is, but it comes with some drawbacks because once your information is out there you have no way to control where it goes.
Ucy
Activity: 2576
Merit: 402
Bisq is a Bitcoin Fiat Dex. Use responsibly
September 25, 2019, 10:20:10 AM

I think you should go through the exchanges Terms of Service or FAQ to understand how they handle your private information...Not like they will be very transparent about it though but little explanation is better than nothing.
If you want anonymity/privacy you could use decentralized exchanges like Bisq.

staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
September 25, 2019, 09:44:04 AM
Personally, I believe that both fiat centralized exchanges and bitcoin debit cards providers defeat the whole purpose of crypto, and I would rather use on decentralized/P2P platforms instead. But there are many people who don't mind going through these KYC procedures just because using these exchanges is more convenient and much faster.

These platforms are clearly not safe, because you never know what your data are being used for and even If nothing malicious is being done from the service's part, there is always a possibility of your data being hacked/leaked.
Activity: 253
Merit: 11
September 25, 2019, 09:31:27 AM

Pages:
Jump to: