Pages:
Author

Topic: FIBA eurobasket 2017 - page 4. (Read 1592 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
September 01, 2017, 06:03:07 AM
This was first day of championship and we have already had two great matches: Lithuania-Georgia and France-Finland. Both ended up with loses by favorites. This showed us how unprectictable and equivalent this championship will be.

Never bet on favourites when it comes into basketball, especially FIBA or other tournament. I always bet handicap on the underdogs, because there always some shit happened and unexpected. I also never bet handicap on the favourites team, i prefer bet on underdogs or over/under.

Yes, a lot of surprises especially in FIBA. I haven't bet though, but I will be putting money on Finland because they have a backing of the home crowd which is really help a lot of teams especially if they are the underdog.

Really nice game, it went to overtime, but my concern is that despite the strong performance of Evan Fournier, they still lost. Fournier often was caught forcing things too much. That was his downfall with the Magic last year. He would drive in too deep or drive sort of wildly into the paint without having many outlets to score. Fournier also struggled defensively. There was a series of plays in the third quarter where Finland went to forward Shawn Huff in the post. Huff abused Fournier on the block for several baskets in a row, helping keep Finland in the game when it looked like France was going to pull away.

It's amazing, the two great favorites France (the victory of Finland was quoted  at@6 ) and Lithuania (the victory of Georgia was quoted [email protected] ) lost yesterday!
with so many missing players, this tournament will be very balanced and with so many surprises.

For me the 4 favorites for each group are:

Group A: Greece, France,Slovenia,Finland
Group B: Germany,Lituania, Italy,Georgia
Group C: Spain, Croatia, Czech Republic, Montenegro
Group D: Serbia, Turkey, Russia, Latvia.

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
September 01, 2017, 05:28:01 AM
This was first day of championship and we have already had two great matches: Lithuania-Georgia and France-Finland. Both ended up with loses by favorites. This showed us how unprectictable and equivalent this championship will be.

Never bet on favourites when it comes into basketball, especially FIBA or other tournament. I always bet handicap on the underdogs, because there always some shit happened and unexpected. I also never bet handicap on the favourites team, i prefer bet on underdogs or over/under.

Yes, a lot of surprises especially in FIBA. I haven't bet though, but I will be putting money on Finland because they have a backing of the home crowd which is really help a lot of teams especially if they are the underdog.

Really nice game, it went to overtime, but my concern is that despite the strong performance of Evan Fournier, they still lost. Fournier often was caught forcing things too much. That was his downfall with the Magic last year. He would drive in too deep or drive sort of wildly into the paint without having many outlets to score. Fournier also struggled defensively. There was a series of plays in the third quarter where Finland went to forward Shawn Huff in the post. Huff abused Fournier on the block for several baskets in a row, helping keep Finland in the game when it looked like France was going to pull away.
Activity: 516
Merit: 250
September 01, 2017, 03:52:33 AM

Activity: 2660
Merit: 551
September 01, 2017, 03:24:09 AM

Wow it is totally unexpected that the favorites has been defeated. However, I still think that its too early though, they can easily can climb back after those defeat. I also think that it has something to do with France missing a lot of its key players. And it seems to me that Finland has only once big advantage, homecourt. And Finland has also Lauri Markkanen, who is also campaigning for Chicago Bulls isn't it? As I see it, there's gonna be a lot of surprise coming in this tournament because there are a lot of good players that are out or opt to not play in this competition.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
September 01, 2017, 12:30:37 AM
For me, yesterday's result of Lithuania-Georgia became a surprise. For some reason I was sure that the Lithuanians would win. However, the Georgians managed to snatch victory. I lost some money on this match.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
August 31, 2017, 10:08:58 PM

I must agree, both teams such France and Lithuania definitely was upset about the outcome kudos to Georgia and Finland for bringing the pressure to a much favorite team. In reality of predicting who will win in Basketball is easier than the other sports BUT!, as we say the ball is round anything can happen even to our favorites. I hope that the losing teams especially France would bounce back be much more aggressive. As I watch the game they feel relaxed and They thought they will have an easy win.
Activity: 434
August 31, 2017, 09:50:52 PM
Activity: 750
Merit: 252
August 31, 2017, 05:27:04 PM
I didn't know that Anthony Randolph is playing for Slovenia. They have great players, their leader on the court is Dragic. He scored 30 points today. Also Igor Kokoskov is their coach, man great NBA experience, currently assistant in Utah Jazz. I think that they can fight for first of second placed in the group A.
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
August 31, 2017, 01:41:47 PM
i am proud of my national team, they win over on  of the favorite team in this championship. it was very interesting game and hope our team will continue playing like this

go go go Georgians...
Activity: 981
Merit: 503
August 30, 2017, 06:44:26 PM
our national team(turkey) new amd unexperienced.our only advantage is  fan support.
my prediction for group D:

1- SERBIA

2-LATVIA

3&4 russia & turkey

Serbia is the clear favorite to lead this group, but I think the Russians will be 2nd.
Even Turkey have a chance for 3rd place, with some luck. Latvia is weak lately.

At least it will be Balkan-East Europe show Cheesy
Activity: 357
August 30, 2017, 04:48:15 PM
our national team(turkey) new amd unexperienced.our only advantage is  fan support.
my prediction for group D:

1- SERBIA

2-LATVIA

3&4 russia & turkey
Activity: 2632
Merit: 833
August 30, 2017, 02:52:56 PM
Here is my favorite to win the championship.

1. Spain - Spain should have no problem winning the easiest group in the tournament, My only concern is that some of them are too old already. And they will be without key pieces from past success,  Rudy Fernandez and Felipe Reyes.
2. Serbia - Again the lost of the key players will affect how well they perform in this tournament.
3. France - With Parker gone, it will be very hard for team France,  However coach Collet is embracing the change. It seems to me that guard Evan Fournier, will lead France to reach at least the semi finals.

My long shot here is Greece, Turkey and Croatia.

Activity: 826
Merit: 265
August 30, 2017, 11:13:12 AM
Unfortunately in these European Championships will be absent, many strong players for various reasons: injuries, bad physical form, NBA.

Here are some missing players:

Greece: Antetokounmpo
Serbia: Jokic,Bjelica,Raduljica, Teodosic.
Spain: Lull, Ibaka, Mirotic, Fernandez,Reyes,Claver
France: Causeur,Parker, Gobert, Batum
Lithuania: Jankunas,Sabonis
Italy: Gallinari,Bargnani
Croatia: Tomic, Zizic, Hezonja

Serbia and Spain are the favorites but I expect many surprises

I think you are completely right. Serbia and Spain are the favourites but they missing a lot of players. Croatia can surprise.

Spain will be on top of my mind. Barring significant injuries, Spain's squad will be too skilled on the outside and especially the inside for anyone to contend with it. I also like France,  but it won't be easy. Gobert and Batum aren't participating this year, and Tony Parker has now retired from international play. Of course Serbia as well, Serbia will be without Jokic Teodosic and explosive shooting guard Nemanja Nedovic. However, a lethal outside-inside combination of Bogdanovic and Marjanovic should be enough to help the Serbs place well.
Merit: 111
August 30, 2017, 10:41:17 AM
Unfortunately in these European Championships will be absent, many strong players for various reasons: injuries, bad physical form, NBA.

I think you are completely right. Serbia and Spain are the favourites but they missing a lot of players. Croatia can surprise.
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
August 30, 2017, 04:53:12 AM
i am Georgian so i am for Georgia, our team is on good condition and i believe we have chance to reach to playoffs.

anyway i thing it will be very interesting event.

good luck and enjoy with event ...
Activity: 357
August 30, 2017, 04:23:56 AM

agreed! spain and serbia really good. im waiting a surprise from latvia,funny that nobody mention them on many forums but if they reach quarter final it wont be a surprise for me.

p.s. im not latvian btw
Merit: 111
August 29, 2017, 08:48:57 PM
Serbian coach Aleksandar Sasa Djordjevic announced yesterday that Kalinic and Nedovic definitely won't play at the Eurobasket.
Activity: 750
Merit: 252
August 29, 2017, 08:36:31 PM

Spain missing a lot of good players will be much their downfall in this FIBA. I also think that Serbia will take home the crown for this year. However, its really hard to predict, because maybe the new faces will really try to bring out their best. Its gonna be tough one, but if Serbia vs Spain in finals, I'm going for Serbia.
Kalinic is also injured and will not go with the team on Championship. He plays very important role too. I don't know if I have favorite right now but if I have to choose maybe it would be Spain instead of Serbia but only because Teodosics absence.
On the other side there are teams with great players and we should never forget about Lithuania, they are always there with great energy..
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
August 29, 2017, 08:01:19 PM
Is there a place where we can gamble all these teams with altcoins.? Except Nitrogen that accepts btc u know any other trust-worthy gambling platform?
Activity: 2520
Merit: 214
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
August 29, 2017, 05:06:31 PM

Spain missing a lot of good players will be much their downfall in this FIBA. I also think that Serbia will take home the crown for this year. However, its really hard to predict, because maybe the new faces will really try to bring out their best. Its gonna be tough one, but if Serbia vs Spain in finals, I'm going for Serbia.
Pages:
Jump to: