Pages:
Author

Topic: [Filled] PROP BET: Bitcoin crashes harder when Mt Gox reopens - page 3. (Read 2624 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Admin at blockbet.net
I'd take that bet. How do you want to handle it?

[edit] Sorry for the double.

[edit2] I haven't heard anything, I guess the bet's off.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Admin at blockbet.net
I'll take that bet. Let me know how you want to handle it.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1333
OK degenerates: I have BTC1.5 that says the price will crash harder when Gox reopens for trading. Can I get action?

Terms:
Mt Gox will reopen for trading in a few hours at 0200 UTC (10PM EST). They say their servers are bigger and better than ever.

I say the price will drop below $57/coin and stay there for at least 4 hours. The drop below $57 will happen within 24 hours of Gox reopening. If the price goes below the "strike price," and climbs back up, I can still win the bet if the price goes back down. If the price goes below $57 at hour 23, I can still win, but the price still needs to stay there for four hours.

Weird-ass orders where BTC0.02 get executed above $57 will not reset the game clock. We're betting on the market crashing or not; I don't want to quibble technicalities.

I'll send some PMs to see if I can find an escrow/referee and will update the thread when that happens.

I can escrow the bet for you, using casascius' escrow tool.  I'd need clearer terms than "weird-ass orders" though.  What if 0.03 gets traded above $57?  Is that weird-ass or not?  I'm going to need a definition for 'weird ass'.

I don't think Gox executes trades above the lowest ask price any more, so I would think you should be happy to just have "no trades over $57 for any 4 hour period which starts within 24 hours of 10PM EST today" as your win condition.  If a buyer pushes the price up to $57.01 for a split second (by buying up all the asks under that price) then the clock is reset.  Fair enough?

Edit: I never used to be able to remember how to spell casascius (and neither could whoever printed the first coin holograms), until I read recently that casas is an acronym for "call a spade a spade".  Now it's easy.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Hmm... Could I do $20 paypal USD for that?  I could convert it to BTC if you want, but it might take a few hours for me to pay you.

So, $20 in BTC.  Would that work for you?  If so, I'd like for there to be a GPG signed contract with those terms.  We'll post them in this thread.
Activity: 449
Merit: 250
OK degenerates: I have BTC1.5 that says the price will crash harder when Gox reopens for trading. Can I get action?

Terms:
Mt Gox will reopen for trading in a few hours at 0200 UTC (10PM EST). They say their servers are bigger and better than ever.

I say the price will drop below $57/coin and stay there for at least 4 hours. The drop below $57 will happen within 24 hours of Gox reopening. If the price goes below the "strike price," and climbs back up, I can still win the bet if the price goes back down. If the price goes below $57 at hour 23, I can still win, but the price still needs to stay there for four hours.

Weird-ass orders where BTC0.02 get executed above $57 will not reset the game clock. We're betting on the market crashing or not; I don't want to quibble technicalities.

I'll send some PMs to see if I can find an escrow/referee and will update the thread when that happens.

In the meantime - would anyone give me action on this?
Pages:
Jump to: