Pages:
Author

Topic: fillippone Merit Source Application - page 2. (Read 1657 times)

Activity: 1652
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol
November 11, 2019, 10:32:09 AM
I'm supporting this application too.

fillippone is one of the most active Italian local board users, and is very active in the eng section too (I'm a multilingual user, following ITA & CRO local boards as well)
His selfless approach on spreading the knowledge in his topics (and other) is simply gorgeous

His contribution can only be greater if he will become a merit sourcer

Good luck @fillippone
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
November 10, 2019, 09:04:29 AM
I'll vouch for fillippone. He's one of the highest quality posters on the forum.

Obviously, this is not the only criterion and that admins have other requirements as well as support from community, the criterion for the merits shared so far, general reputation of users etc.
In the end, however, it's the decision of the admin and not the entire community and the admins have the discretion to decide.
I know that I had to wait several months to become merit source, after my application so only what I can say to fillippone is to be patient and not give up.
Personally, I think this user really deserve to become merit source and I really hope to see him as new merit source soon.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 11937
BTC + Crossfit, living life.
November 10, 2019, 08:25:06 AM
I'll vouch for fillippone. He's one of the highest quality posters on the forum.

We will vouch together Wink

I do know he's a good all around poster and a very kind one at the same time, gives merit in multiple threads as he gains merit in multiple threads.

Rewards good constructive post as merit establish members for many different reasons, never saw him merit people where we could think its would me a merit abuser etc

Also he's like active on very daily base, as I'm too and I think this is a + point as well for being a source

Only see positives and no negatives in this one.

legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780
Shitcoin Minimalist
November 09, 2019, 03:19:11 PM
Activity: 1190
Merit: 755
Homo Sapiens Bitcoinerthalensis
November 06, 2019, 05:52:57 AM
@theymos

I'm having trouble meriting posts I'd like to merit.
This whole merit thing, has made me miserable in my approach to merit a post, thinking that I'll find a more worthy one to give my limited s-merits.
If fillippone becomes a merit source, I'm certain that he'll be a great help to the community.
Grant him a merit source ffs.

Whilst you are at it, please pass on r0achie's ~ 150 useless sm's to my account. Wink
Thank you in advance.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 15144
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23
November 06, 2019, 04:41:49 AM

agreed. look at most any post of his. they are most always well reasoned and well explained , with lots of references for his sources of data. in short even an idiot like me can understand his explanations.. and while no one or no thing is perfect, he is more than willing to learn from his (and others) mistakes and readily admits it so that others can learn from any mistakes also. and this is why forums exist, member helping others to learn before they commits a mistake.

Thank you vapourminer for the kind words.
Actually thank you all who supported me in the thread via commenting or merits: I did really appreciate.

I am answering this particular message because I think vapourminer exactly got the attitude I put in the forum, and I tried to explain in my infamous merit thread.

I am here to learn, and I see merit system as a way to spread the knowledge, signalling and encouraging threads where you can actually learn something.

I am far from perfect, I have a list of embarrassing posts here on the forum (I should compile a list one day...), I made errors, weird statements, I might have changed my mind on a few topics, but I think these steps are the path of someone growing on the knowledge.

Being a Merit Source I hope to be more able to drive my experience on the forum following these principles: helping users that are spreading their knolwdge to help others understand what bitcoin is.

“We are trying to prove ourselves wrong as quickly as possible, because only in that way can we find progress.”
― Richard P. Feynman
legendary
November 06, 2019, 03:39:58 AM
^
I always get out of sMerit.
Anyway, theymos a bump for my brother.
Way to the top!!!

For me is the same situation 😁
I'm only merit source in Croatian section of the forum and often spend my sMerits to quickly 😁
I really feel that local sections on this forum needs more merit sources and support this application as well.
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 2645
Farewell LEO: o_e_l_e_o
November 06, 2019, 12:32:49 AM
^
I always get out of sMerit.
Anyway, theymos a bump for my brother.
Way to the top!!!
legendary
Activity: 4312
Merit: 3517
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
November 05, 2019, 11:14:00 AM
theymos! Not fair man! Make him merit source 😷
I mean seriously fillippone's history speaks for him. Let the guy to be one of the merit source. I have this feeling that he will do a perfect job.

agreed. look at most any post of his. they are most always well reasoned and well explained , with lots of references for his sources of data. in short even an idiot like me can understand his explanations.. and while no one or no thing is perfect, he is more than willing to learn from his (and others) mistakes and readily admits it so that others can learn from any mistakes also. and this is why forums exist, member helping others to learn before they commits a mistake.

with his (hopeful soon) becoming a merit source, he will be able to guide those good posters with merits.

i believe he will use those merits exactly what they were created for... help members and and draw attention to the useful threads.

so again, fillippone has my complete support.
Activity: 144
Merit: 131
November 05, 2019, 10:28:52 AM
Good job Filippone, good job, you have my support.

Pindol
legendary
Activity: 3528
Merit: 4042
November 04, 2019, 10:26:25 AM
fillippone is a very real asset of the forum and of his local board, Italian, ~snip~

Yes, Fillippone is very intelligent and smart one guy. I know him by real person.
For me he can do a good job like merit's source, because is really present in the forum and know economic aspect of bitcoin.
He traslates many articles from english to italian for the local board, and his work is precious.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1018
November 04, 2019, 10:19:56 AM
fillippone is a very real asset of the forum and of his local board, Italian, I guess so despite the fact that I don't know Italian. I watched some useful topics on bitcoin forecast, especially before the massive explosion of bitcoin in June this year. It means fillippone spent decent time to collect those analyses as well as clearly and neutrally presented his opinion.

I also see his in the list of very top merit receivers and senders.

From all above reasons, I support the application.

I still think my support does not make lots of sense because admin has his very complicated rules to accept or reject merit source applications and there is other reasons that affect his decision too. The need of merit sources at each period affects MS applications, definitely.
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 2645
Farewell LEO: o_e_l_e_o
November 01, 2019, 01:05:38 PM
theymos! Not fair man! Make him merit source 😷
I mean seriously fillippone's history speaks for him. Let the guy to be one of the merit source. I have this feeling that he will do a perfect job.

Thanks in advance
legendary
Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
October 30, 2019, 02:47:42 AM
@fillippone if the post is little OT, feel free to report my post or just PM me I would be happy to remove it.

Here is the MS application for Indian board : Heisenberg's Merit Source Application for the Indian Board

Every local board poster should be very well aware of how Indian board was last year and how they are now. We don't need a moderator, but atleast we need a dedicated MS to encourage people to post really good quality posts very often. The board was absolute bull-shit till last year, myself and a group of volunteers took interest and cleaned the board and drove the spammers and shitposters off the sub-forum totally this year. We have revealed translation spammers, posted negative feedback, drove them off from sub-forum, myself and other patrollers from Indain board reported 1000s of posts and trashed shitposters, recreated the worn out pinned topics with updated content, created a telegram group, spoke with many old quality posters who left the forum due to the spam prevailing in Indian board and finally gonna celebrate the 10th anniversary in our local board

What all these for? Why should we spend countless hours in reactivating a dead spam board from ashes? All is to have a decent discussion and to have a native connectivity among the fellow Indian members. If that cannot be supported with just a simple appointment of a Merit Source, then why should we fight with the spammers all day in the Indian board? I even limited myself from posting in Technical board and have completely started to take all these initiatives along with other fellow members.

Atleast if appointment of a moderator seems to be a difficult task, appointment of a MS would be the least helpful thing which one can do for our board.

P.S I would like to thank all the global moderators who are handling the reports of mine very often within a day. If that was not, the board would have been far from being saved.

Thanks for those links HH.  I will try to look through them (at least browse through some of them) in the coming weeks, and maybe fillippone will feel different, but I doubt that your merit source application and or the various methods that you are attempting to employ to get MS approved are vastly different from fillippone's even though I happen to be a bit more familiar with fillippone's post history - and of course, any prolific and good content-laden poster will be hard to keep up with, which seems to be something that both you and fillippone have in common.
legendary
Activity: 1583
Merit: 1276
Heisenberg Design Services
October 30, 2019, 02:39:49 AM
@fillippone if the post is little OT, feel free to report my post or just PM me I would be happy to remove it.

Here is the MS application for Indian board : Heisenberg's Merit Source Application for the Indian Board

Every local board poster should be very well aware of how Indian board was last year and how they are now. We don't need a moderator, but atleast we need a dedicated MS to encourage people to post really good quality posts very often. The board was absolute bull-shit till last year, myself and a group of volunteers took interest and cleaned the board and drove the spammers and shitposters off the sub-forum totally this year. We have revealed translation spammers, posted negative feedback, drove them off from sub-forum, myself and other patrollers from Indain board reported 1000s of posts and trashed shitposters, recreated the worn out pinned topics with updated content, created a telegram group, spoke with many old quality posters who left the forum due to the spam prevailing in Indian board and finally gonna celebrate the 10th anniversary in our local board

What all these for? Why should we spend countless hours in reactivating a dead spam board from ashes? All is to have a decent discussion and to have a native connectivity among the fellow Indian members. If that cannot be supported with just a simple appointment of a Merit Source, then why should we fight with the spammers all day in the Indian board? I even limited myself from posting in Technical board and have completely started to take all these initiatives along with other fellow members.

Atleast if appointment of a moderator seems to be a difficult task, appointment of a MS would be the least helpful thing which one can do for our board.

P.S I would like to thank all the global moderators who are handling the reports of mine very often within a day. If that was not, the board would have been far from being saved.
legendary
Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
October 30, 2019, 01:49:46 AM
I would like to support fillippone's application like others do. Their topics was very well written and I personally learned from many of those topics. Though I don't visit Speculation/Economics section much, I have seen your really well written topics in Beginners and Help section. It is also nicer to see filippone has been literally active in giving out smerits in Italian section which will help the non-English speaking Italians to rank up over the days through their contribution.

I will be supporting this application buddy. Come on theymos, this guy deserves it also please give some kind attention to my application too :-P

You really take too much test :-D

I have been bumping my application for 4.5 months but there doesn't seem to be any response for the application from theymos. A sad note is that, if I get appointed as a MS I would be the lonely source as the earlier MS is not really much active nowadays and even their smerit allocation is too low.  Sad Even if I am not eligible, we need a MS at least to bring the enthusiasm among our local community to contribute more. For over 1 year I am solely depending only on my smerit which is really very tough these days with improving quality of the posts in our local board.

Possibly you could provide a link here to your merit source application.  I know that it is a little bit off topic, and taking from this thread, but you mentioned it, and it seems only fair that you provide a link to your reference in order that anyone here could easily see what you put in your merit source application and maybe even provide you with feedback (and possibly support) if you are seeking any such feedback(and possibly support).
legendary
Activity: 1583
Merit: 1276
Heisenberg Design Services
October 29, 2019, 03:31:53 PM
I would like to support fillippone's application like others do. Their topics was very well written and I personally learned from many of those topics. Though I don't visit Speculation/Economics section much, I have seen your really well written topics in Beginners and Help section. It is also nicer to see filippone has been literally active in giving out smerits in Italian section which will help the non-English speaking Italians to rank up over the days through their contribution.

I will be supporting this application buddy. Come on theymos, this guy deserves it also please give some kind attention to my application too :-P

You really take too much test :-D

I have been bumping my application for 4.5 months but there doesn't seem to be any response for the application from theymos. A sad note is that, if I get appointed as a MS I would be the lonely source as the earlier MS is not really much active nowadays and even their smerit allocation is too low.  Sad Even if I am not eligible, we need a MS at least to bring the enthusiasm among our local community to contribute more. For over 1 year I am solely depending only on my smerit which is really very tough these days with improving quality of the posts in our local board.
legendary
Activity: 4312
Merit: 3517
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
October 29, 2019, 10:06:52 AM
fillippone has my vote.

i was going to compile a list of just some of his contributions to this forum that highlighted what he brings the table. the patience, willingness to learn from, and teach to, other forum members. to start new threads that draw you in and before you know it youve learned something new.  and just generally give his threads and his replies a friendly, easy atmosphere.

but all one needs to do is look at his recent threads (and posts). you will very quickly come to the same conclusion. fillippone will be a worthy merit source.
legendary
October 29, 2019, 08:43:24 AM
Supported!
I'm sure you will do a good job. I've seen you actively contributing in many parts of the forum and that's a perfect argument to get a Merit Source. I hope theymos will allocate some source Merits to you shortly, good luck!  Smiley

It seems that now candidates have to wait very long after application for merit source what is not good.
Speeding up the process at leat a little bit seems to be a wise move.
Maybe theymos can try to allocate only a few sMerits to new candidates in the beginning (to get it started) and decide after a few weeks if we did a good job or not. If yes, he can increase our sMerit allocation, if not, he can decrease it or take it back completely.

I think that theymos already doing something similar.
I heard that some users,  merit source,  received some amount of sMerits but after some time theor amount of sMerits increased.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 6618
Currently not much available - see my websitelink
October 28, 2019, 07:39:25 PM
Supported!
I'm sure you will do a good job. I've seen you actively contributing in many parts of the forum and that's a perfect argument to get a Merit Source. I hope theymos will allocate some source Merits to you shortly, good luck!  Smiley

It seems that now candidates have to wait very long after application for merit source what is not good.
Speeding up the process at leat a little bit seems to be a wise move.
Maybe theymos can try to allocate only a few sMerits to new candidates in the beginning (to get it started) and decide after a few weeks if we did a good job or not. If yes, he can increase our sMerit allocation, if not, he can decrease it or take it back completely.

Pages:
Jump to: