Pages:
Author

Topic: Finally getting into mining - page 2. (Read 875 times)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
November 10, 2017, 08:41:26 PM
Looking for advice on best 'bang for the buck'  Nvidia card for XMR mining have starter rig, ready to move up. thanks!
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
November 10, 2017, 02:43:46 PM
2x750 corsair Cx750 or 2x750 CoolerMaster should be fine to run 6 x Rx 56 Vega cards. You will not wait that long though as the price of bitcoin is going down so the altcoins are recovering a bit, a rig of mine with 3xGTX 1060 3GB gpu is giving me 0.0007 btc/day today and it was giving me 0.0005 btc when the price of bitcoin was 7500 USD. So overall I think it is a good investment you are making and good luck to you.
Activity: 251
Merit: 250
🌟
November 10, 2017, 02:21:34 PM
Goodluck buddy,

Just get ready for a long period of time before you paid off your hardware. Probably over a year at today's prices and difficulty.

A tip is too be ready for new launching coins that has a future (yes I know its a gamble) and start mining in the beginning. That's where you can make money.
I'm an experienced hodler  Smiley

Don't run full capacity on 1300 better go for a 1500W PSU.
1500W PSUs seem very very expensive, maybe 2 x 850W could be a better choice, with only one going into the mobo and 3 GPUs and the other handling the other 3
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
November 10, 2017, 02:10:35 PM
Hello guys! Yeah, it's another of those threads where a noob asks for some sound mining advice.

I've been in crypto since 2014-2015 and doing pretty well overall, i'm a FA / long-hold / storng hands type of guy, really loving the crypto scene so far (mostly for the memes). I've never mined anything except for some brief experiments with my gaming PC (i remeber mining around 7 DCR per day in early 2016 and thinking "yeah, this is not really worth it". Damn me.).

I've read quite a while in the last couple of weeks about mining, but i still could use some advice from you. So i'm about to buy my first rig and this is what i'm currently looking at:

Mobo: Asrock H110 Pro BTC+ A bit expensive maybe but could allow me to connect 13 GPUs to it if i want to expand my mining operations
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 80+ GOLD two medium PSUs Vs a single, big one. Still undecided, can't see the cons of having a huge 1300 one
GPU: 6x Radeon RX Vega 56 this is ofc where i'm most hesitant, i've picked the Rx 56 over the 1080ti because seems way more efficent in XMR mining ( https://www.reddit.com/r/MoneroMining/comments/74hjqn/monero_and_vega_the_definitive_guide/ ) and i think i'd be fine just mining XMR, i'd also not hate to mine ZEC but i can't find a credible comparison between 1080ti and rx56 for ZEC mining.
The 6 x rx56 should use about 1100 W, i'll be fine with that PSU, right?

Any advice is really appreciated, being it specific to my hw choices or more general, tips, memes..
Thanks for your time
Don't run full capacity on 1300 better go for a 1500W PSU.
Activity: 336
Merit: 102
November 10, 2017, 02:04:06 PM
Goodluck buddy,

Just get ready for a long period of time before you paid off your hardware. Probably over a year at today's prices and difficulty.

A tip is too be ready for new launching coins that has a future (yes I know its a gamble) and start mining in the beginning. That's where you can make money.
Activity: 251
Merit: 250
🌟
November 10, 2017, 01:25:33 PM
Hello guys! Yeah, it's another of those threads where a noob asks for some sound mining advice.

I've been in crypto since 2014-2015 and doing pretty well overall, i'm a FA / long-hold / storng hands type of guy, really loving the crypto scene so far (mostly for the memes). I've never mined anything except for some brief experiments with my gaming PC (i remeber mining around 7 DCR per day in early 2016 and thinking "yeah, this is not really worth it". Damn me.).

I've read quite a while in the last couple of weeks about mining, but i still could use some advice from you. So i'm about to buy my first rig and this is what i'm currently looking at:

Mobo: Asrock H110 Pro BTC+ A bit expensive maybe but could allow me to connect 13 GPUs to it if i want to expand my mining operations
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 80+ GOLD two medium PSUs Vs a single, big one. Still undecided, can't see the cons of having a huge 1300 one
GPU: 6x Radeon RX Vega 56 this is ofc where i'm most hesitant, i've picked the Rx 56 over the 1080ti because seems way more efficent in XMR mining ( https://www.reddit.com/r/MoneroMining/comments/74hjqn/monero_and_vega_the_definitive_guide/ ) and i think i'd be fine just mining XMR, i'd also not hate to mine ZEC but i can't find a credible comparison between 1080ti and rx56 for ZEC mining.
The 6 x rx56 should use about 1100 W, i'll be fine with that PSU, right?

Any advice is really appreciated, being it specific to my hw choices or more general, tips, memes..
Thanks for your time
Pages:
Jump to: