Pages:
Author

Topic: Finally photos of real BFL Single SC and Jalapeno ASICs - page 4. (Read 11230 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Since the  jalapeno is downclocked might it be possible to overclock it to get more performance?

Doesn't look like it, even if you add fan and heatsink, you've still got the problem of the power limits of the USB port, and it looks like it's going to be more complicated than just soldering on a 12v/9v power jack.
Activity: 133
Since the  jalapeno is downclocked might it be possible to overclock it to get more performance?
Activity: 752
Merit: 500
bitcoin hodler
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Wat
I just saw this myself! Interesting tid-bit:

Each of the eight black squares on the board is a chip capable of computing 7.5 GH/s.
The Bitforce SC Jalapeno will use a modified board with only one chip, whose operating capacity is further reduced to meet the limited power availability through the USB bus.

So the jalapeno will be the same size, but will only have one chip, and it's going to be downclocked at that. Also no need for a heatsink/fan with only 5W, but that fact has already been established.

Prediction/speculation: I'm assuming that that means the Little Single only has 4 chips, and the SC MR will have all 8 chips per board, but will run at higher clock speeds, but also be WC'd.

Wonder who will hack it first so it mines at 7.5 Gh   Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050
I can't say this loud enough: I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL NOVEMBER. SO STOKED!
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
I just saw this myself! Interesting tid-bit:

Each of the eight black squares on the board is a chip capable of computing 7.5 GH/s.
The Bitforce SC Jalapeno will use a modified board with only one chip, whose operating capacity is further reduced to meet the limited power availability through the USB bus.

So the jalapeno will be the same size, but will only have one chip, and it's going to be downclocked at that. Also no need for a heatsink/fan with only 5W, but that fact has already been established.

Prediction/speculation: I'm assuming that that means the Little Single only has 4 chips, and the SC MR will have all 8 chips per board, but will run at higher clock speeds, but also be WC'd.
Activity: 126
I know some people will still say it's still a scam but it's another step closer to the dream. Cheesy

Single SC Prototype

Jalapeno Prototype

Source: http://bitcoinmagazine.net/butterfly-labs-releases-more-asic-photos/
Pages:
Jump to: