Pages:
Author

Topic: Finance is a jigsaw puzzle. - page 2. (Read 208 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 611
April 10, 2023, 11:25:02 AM
financial management, financial planning or something like that is like a puzzle and is like putting together a puzzle. But of course sometimes it's actually more difficult or sometimes easier. it's more difficult when many unexpected things come that make us spend money unexpectedly but can be overcome if we have prepared an emergency fund.

we really have to have an image from the start or we can also make an image while walking. we have to be careful every step of the way, we also have to adjust everything. such as which should come first and which should be ended (primary, secondary and tertiary needs). and after we make a plan then we must focus on the plan that is being executed. and well if we are patient then we will arrive at the goal that we planned from the start.

----------------------------------------
OP I hope your post is made into several paragraphs (two paragraphs might be enough). so it's easier to read. the content of your writing is actually easy to understand and it would be even better if it was made into several paragraphs.
Activity: 588
Merit: 351
April 10, 2023, 09:27:08 AM
Depends on how you view finance, but certainly is you will have to learn that everything is connected. All thoss little puzzles are big enough to impact the larger picture of things. In terms of finance, once you accumulated enough money, it is no longer enough for you to save, earn more and invest, it is because along those lines you will certainly find your self slowly learning the mechanics on how money is generated and ciculated. This is one thing I have learned in a hard way. I may not be intelligent in terms of handling my finances but I've realized that I literally needed to learn these things for me move forward. Mostly, for people like us who didn't have a coach and have to start from scratches, we are sure to find this hard and have to handle these things on our own. It is also the time where the transition of your principle begins from learning to earning and goes back to learning.
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
April 10, 2023, 05:20:49 AM
personal finance and macro economics are both puzzles

many people do not know how money is created or how governments operate to shuffle money around or why certain economics works. it takes alot of edges cases and seeing all sides to put the pieces together to see the whole picture

as for personal finance. you may think little pieces dont mean much, but if you save them up you soon learn they combine to be a big thing. but many only see the big picture once they met their goals. they get frustrated and lose desire to continue during the process. they see no end to their attempts at first, they dont see the point, which is why most just dont bother even playing

Activity: 443
Merit: 110
April 10, 2023, 05:03:12 AM
i believe that it is your personal view towards finance. it could also be a flow chart or even chess pieces. there are so many comparisons you can choose and it is your own personal preference, but what will never change no matter the circumstances is that, it takes a whole lot of time to build your own personal wealth, and during those times there are internal and external factors involve that may or may not affect your approach or mentality towards money and finance. it is up to you how you handle your self in the end, and that is all that matters.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 2017
April 10, 2023, 04:42:06 AM
Well, I understand that when you say "finance" you mean "personal finance". It is common for humans to draw analogies between some activities and others, but the way you see it is far from being the only one.

For me, more than a puzzle, it is a straight path, a list of 7 easy-to-follow points (https://www.ramseysolutions.com/dave-ramsey-7-baby-steps):

Step 1: Start an Emergency Fund ($1K).
Step 2: Get rid of consumer debt.
Step 3: Complete Your Emergency Fund (3-6 months of expenses)
Step 4: Save for Retirement (15% of your household income).
Step 5: Save for College Funds.
Step 6: Pay Off Your House.
Step 7: Build Wealth.

See how easy it is.

Activity: 224
Merit: 20
April 10, 2023, 04:29:39 AM
Last weekend I was playing with my daughter at home. She has been interested in playing jigsaw puzzles so she asked me to play with her. Of course I'd love to. To be honest, I am not really a jigsaw puzzle player and always nervous about assembling the irregular shaped pieces, although usually there is a complete picture like a guide aside. Unfortunately that complete picture of my daughter's jigsaw puzzle was gone so I had to figure out all the pieces together all by myself.

In the beginning, I had no clue at all. I thought a while and decided to take one puzzle with the corner first and then tried to find some clue according to the small picture to get the next piece match. To my surprise, after struggling for a bit of time, I did it ! I managed to get the whole picture of the puzzles and my daughter was thrilled.  That night I suddenly realized that managing finances and assembling jigsaw puzzles are very much similiar. At start, we have/set a goal. The first step is not easy to make and usually you have to figure out on you own. There is nothing wrong with taking whatever as your first step but you have to find a clue to continue the next step to lead to the whole picuture/goal. In the process of assembling/working, you will be lost most of time but stay focused and patient, you just need to find that useful clue to the closest picture and then you'll be good. As you progress, the complete picture is getting clearer and bigger, you feel excited and more certain about the decisions you made. All you have to do now is follow the lead and contiue, when the last puzzle piece is perfectly matched, success is yours.

See finance in my explanation ? Replace all pieces with finances, it'll be great as well. I hope each of us will figure out all clues to the complete picture. Make your finance puzzles complete !
Pages:
Jump to: