Pages:
Author

Topic: Financial education and why it should be a priority. - page 11. (Read 1598 times)

legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
you can imagine how many people right now would have been trading in STOCKS/FOREX as a means to provide for their family if skills like that were being taught in school. only a few people would have been working for the rich and manufacturing products would be slower.

On the darker side, why would the governments and banks want people to learn financial literacy? when people figure out how money works, they will create money of their own and they indeed create one such as BTC.  
Activity: 2884
Merit: 620
Financial education is a skill that is not been taught in schools, but to me it's the most important subject a man must learn in other to be financially independent.
There is a need to revise these curriculum and syllabuses of the schools and we need more of these type of education than of the subjects that teaches us theoretical things.

I am not against with the current system but change is need for the younger generation to understand what is a must in today's world.

Not just about financial education but also other things like life survival skills, cooking at a young age but I know some schools does this but it is not a standard for most.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1355
~
I still don't know why it's not been taught in schools up till now.

I think teaching kids about money and finance is important these days.  More and more schools get that, which is great and  I read that almost half the states in the US actually make taking a personal finance class mandatory before high schoolers can graduate now.  That was as of 2022.  And places like the Nordic countries have been on top of this whole thing for awhile - they want all their students learning the basics of money pretty early on.   

I am all for that.  These kids are gonna have to manage bank accounts, loans, investing taxes.  Schools should totally cover the basics so they dont feel so overwhelmed by all that stuff when they grow up.  Sure, parents can try teaching it at home too but most dont really know where to start.  Better to have a teacher lay it all out for them in a structured way in my opinion.  More countries should hop on board and make financial literacy part of the core curriculum if you ask me.
Activity: 476
Merit: 212
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
Financial education is a skill that is not been taught in schools, but to me it's the most important subject a man must learn in other to be financially independent.
This knowledge gives you smart money making decisions, and it improves your standards of living, It gives you priceless money management skill, you can't spend more than what you earn as a financial literate.
The  rich dad poor dad by Robert kiyosaki explain all what it entails and the stability it gives financially.

Financial education can be learned from experience. It is not true that financial education is not taught in schools the thing is traditional education curriculum taught us only that is needed to be a good worker, not an entrepreneur. Many developed countries where the education system is much more advanced taught higher education about business but in 3rd world countries they give priority to being a skilled and efficient worker.

In Rich Dad Poor Dad book the author advises us not be be in a rat race. Actually he is right about it because our current society have created the system in a way that if you are not financially knowledgable you won't be able to get out of this rat race. The most frightening thing is most of the people don't even realize that they are in the rate race until it is too late to turn back.
Activity: 196
Merit: 123
This knowledge gives you smart money making decisions, and it improves your standards of living, It gives you priceless money management skill, you can't spend more than what you earn as a financial literate.
The  rich dad poor dad by Robert kiyosaki explain all what it entails and the stability it gives financially.

Pages:
Jump to: