Pages:
Author

Topic: Financial Times: Satoshi = Craig Steven Wright reveal coming 7-14 April 2016 - page 2. (Read 1606 times)

Activity: 66
Merit: 0
If he can sign a message, he might be Satoshi. If he cannot sign a message, he is definitely not Satoshi.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Unless you sign a message, no one gives a fuck what you claim.

The media is retarded and the average person a lemming they will latch on to anything someone with half a brain tells them.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014
Oh come on!
That guy is a hoax! We all know that.
Never ever is he Satoshi.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
He already had/has a chance to prove himself. Just sign a note with Satoshi's key. If your proof is the "backing of the industries biggest players" then you have not proven anything. It's not like those players have a clue who Satoshi is. Sign a message Craig, it will only take 1min.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017
What sort of proof would be needed to be classed as solid proof that he is satoshi?

Well, maybe if he released a big chunk of his unspent bitcoin to a charity.  Plus, I would need to see some signatures sent thru multiple known email accounts, and I would need to see some sort of physical verification that he was the true author of the original whitepaper.  After all, there's a Nobel Prize on the table....there's gonna have to be some solid proof!
copper member
Activity: 924
Merit: 1007
hee-ho.
What sort of proof would be needed to be classed as solid proof that he is satoshi?

TBH I'm not even sure. a year ago I'd say by signing a message with his PGP key, but some people claims that it's backdated.
if it is possible to sign with the address 1A1zP1eP5QGefi2DMPTfTL5SLmv7DivfNa that got the genesis block reward, I would go with that.
legendary
Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036
Okay so from April 7 to April 14 Wright will publicly perform a cryptographic miracle(!!!) which will prove his identity as Satoshi Nakamoto. This will be very interesting to see. By the way Gavin Andresen said he wanted to see the following things being carried out by Wright. I will quote them below for you to read:

I’d want to see:
    A message signed with the same PGP key Satoshi used back in 2010. (…but his computer could have been hacked)
    A message signed with keys from early Bitcoin blocks (…but his wallet could have been stolen).
    Email or private forum posts he sent to me in 2010 (… but email could have been hacked).
    A conversation about technical stuff, ideally via email, so I can see if it feels like the same person I communicated with in 2010.

I highly doubt Satoshi's email,wallet or computer has been ever hacked into because, after all, he is a cryptographic expert right?  Grin I am looking forward to seeing how this will unfold but honestly I think this is another publicity stunt move by that guy Wright.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
I don't see it as a positive at all if Satoshi outs himself.
He can then start to post again, or sell his coins, or influence Bitcoin.

Right now he is infallible as he is unknown.  If he becomes known, it will make people question him.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 520
copper member
Activity: 924
Merit: 1007
hee-ho.
on the off-chance that they will say that he's really satoshi, I don't think think many bitcoiners will believe it without a solid proof.
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1530
This message was probably released a day early.  Cheesy

Seriously, i do not expect that he could give proofs which certainly identify him as Satoshi.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
http://ftalphaville.ft.com/2016/03/31/2158024/craig-wrights-upcoming-big-reveal/

Bitcoinland is abuzz with speculation Craig Steven Wright will out himself as Satoshi Nakamoto, the cryptocurrency’s pseudonymous creator, within the next two weeks and that he is looking for backing in his verification from some of the industry’s biggest players.

I highly doubt he is Satoshi Nakamoto.
The true Satoshi Nakamoto, I do not believe, is the type of person to put on a show as described in this article.

Satoshi Nakamoto originally disappeared because he died or was scared off.
Craig Steven Wright is an attention whore and this is all more likely to be a government op to co-op Bitcoin.

Activity: 280
Merit: 10
http://ftalphaville.ft.com/2016/03/31/2158024/craig-wrights-upcoming-big-reveal/

Bitcoinland is abuzz with speculation Craig Steven Wright will out himself as Satoshi Nakamoto, the cryptocurrency’s pseudonymous creator, within the next two weeks and that he is looking for backing in his verification from some of the industry’s biggest players.
Pages:
Jump to: