Pages:
Author

Topic: Finding BTC bottom - page 2. (Read 3253 times)

legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1786
In order to dump coins one must have coins
October 25, 2014, 06:33:55 PM
Wait until tomorrow before you make post like this, you know bitcoin will have wild swings... A lot of buys & short covering will happen soon & if it goes near 400 because of that we can start assuming a average bitcoin price. If price breaks 300 then a thread saying it's clear this correction isn't over will make sense

so far it is still declining. I am waiting for some large mining company with higher electrical cost to go out of business (cough-K-N-C-cough) before we reverse.

KnC costs are  “significantly below $400”, keep dreaming

http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/2014-10-21/bitcoin-miner-ditches-clients-to-chase-2-billion-coding-prize.html
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
October 25, 2014, 06:25:06 PM
Wait until tomorrow before you make post like this, you know bitcoin will have wild swings... A lot of buys & short covering will happen soon & if it goes near 400 because of that we can start assuming a average bitcoin price. If price breaks 300 then a thread saying it's clear this correction isn't over will make sense

so far it is still declining. I am waiting for some large mining company with higher electrical cost to go out of business (cough-K-N-C-cough) before we reverse.

They received a crap tonne of VC recently.  Unless that class action is approved, KnC is found guilty, and reparations are made they're going to be around for awhile.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848
October 25, 2014, 05:17:28 PM

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
October 23, 2014, 06:16:17 PM
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848
October 23, 2014, 04:02:15 PM
It is becoming clear that this correction is not finished.
In my opinion, this cycle, which resembles 2011, will bottom only once the highest cost bitcoin mines are driven out of business.
In 2011, market price bottomed just before hashing rate had finished its 50% decline.
Since it will take some time and duration for this decline to manifest itself, I predict that it (price bottom) will happen in ~3-4 mo, or even later because large scale miners would have some operational inertia.

As indicative of this, hashing rate increases are slowing to a crawl, but we need at least about ~50% difficulty decrease, which will be achieved if we slowly decline to somewhere between $72 and $240. $72 is somewhat extreme and would correspond to the same decline %%-wise as in 2011, but $240 is quite realistic and would be extremely painful if it will occur slowly.

Having said that, I am not selling my BTC yet because timing this process exactly is beyond my trading abilities.
Pages:
Jump to: