Pages:
Author

Topic: Finding p2pool networks.py values for new altcoins - page 10. (Read 38034 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
I don't really know as well, just took it from a post by blastbob:

In p2pool / p2pool / networks.py:

change the
BOOTSTRAP_ADDRS='188.120.239.144 81.200.245.198 85.234.62.99 81.200.241.54 217.77.220.40'.split(' '),
to
BOOTSTRAP_ADDRS=''.split(' '),

Change PERSIST=True, to PERSIST=False,

Change P2P_PORT=9777, to something else

In p2pool / p2pool / bitcoin / networks.py

Change ADDRESS_VERSION=8, to ADDRESS_VERSION=25

Removing info in addrs and Persist=False will make your node run solo. Can be a good idea until parameter is 100%
No guarantee the above is 100% correct
Rest you need help from others

Hey man, I am doing the same research for a couple of days.

Can you tell me, how to find out, how to change those values in networks.py?

SHARE_PERIOD
CHAIN_LENGTH
SPREAD
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
bearded, drunk, fat, naked
I don't really know as well, just took it from a post by blastbob:

In p2pool / p2pool / networks.py:

change the
BOOTSTRAP_ADDRS='188.120.239.144 81.200.245.198 85.234.62.99 81.200.241.54 217.77.220.40'.split(' '),
to
BOOTSTRAP_ADDRS=''.split(' '),

Change PERSIST=True, to PERSIST=False,

Change P2P_PORT=9777, to something else

In p2pool / p2pool / bitcoin / networks.py

Change ADDRESS_VERSION=8, to ADDRESS_VERSION=25

Removing info in addrs and Persist=False will make your node run solo. Can be a good idea until parameter is 100%
No guarantee the above is 100% correct
Rest you need help from others
Activity: 287
thanks a lot! so if a coin was just created and I am running a solo node (remove BOOTSTRAP_ADDRS and PERSIST=False) anyways, can I just leave in the old hex values of another coin for the time being or do I have to create new values given after a certain rule?

My experience, at least when running a "private" p2pool has been that leaving the old hex values from another coin will work in the sense that p2pool will work with the new coin.  I don't know one way or the other whether it leaves open the possibility for misbehavior or crosstalk if you have a port open where p2pools for the "other" coin find yours and mistakenly think they can talk to it.

Incidentally, what does the PERSIST flag do?   I only started tinkering with p2pool configuration about a week ago myself.

thanks a lot! so if a coin was just created and I am running a solo node (remove BOOTSTRAP_ADDRS and PERSIST=False) anyways, can I just leave in the old hex values of another coin for the time being or do I have to create new values given after a certain rule?
Activity: 287
I have read all google and forum results I could find, it appears that nobody ever mentioned how to find a few certain values for the two networks.py files in p2pool:

SUBSIDY_FUNC
ADDRESS_VERSION
P2P_PREFIX

IDENTIFIER
PREFIX

I think I pretty much understand what all the other values do. However those 5 (and especially the hex values) make no sense to me. Do you strip them somewhere from the compiled source when a new coin has arrived?

Cheers!

SUBSIDY_FUNC can be found in the source code, specifically in main.cpp, search for nSubsidy, you'll find a line that looks a lot like

nSubsidy >>= (nHeight / 8400000);

The C++ syntax is different than the python syntax, but that is where you can get the information.

For ADDRESS_VERSION, look again in the sourcecode in the file base58.h, and find the value of PUBKEY_ADDRESS.

For the other 3 values, I'm under the impression that they are not values inherent to the alt-coin, but rather values to allow various p2pool nodes for a given alt-coin to communicate with each other.  Therefore, there is no way to "look them up" in the coin itself -- you have to coordinate the values between the p2pool nodes that you want to intermesh with. 
I have read all google and forum results I could find, it appears that nobody ever mentioned how to find a few certain values for the two networks.py files in p2pool:

SUBSIDY_FUNC
ADDRESS_VERSION
P2P_PREFIX

IDENTIFIER
PREFIX

I think I pretty much understand what all the other values do. However those 5 (and especially the hex values) make no sense to me. Do you strip them somewhere from the compiled source when a new coin has arrived?

Cheers!
Pages:
Jump to: