Pages:
Author

Topic: Finextra interview with IBM architect about Bitcoin - page 3. (Read 6701 times)

Activity: 74
Merit: 14
Thanks!

Any yes, you're right. I let my voice get ahead of my brain in that section and mistakenly implied that DPR was tracked down through Bitcoin. I stand by the statement that it is possible, in general, to walk the blockchain to break through the veil of anonymity but you are, of course, correct that this is not how Silk Road was taken down.

Thanks for taking the time to view the video.

Richard.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
well done Richard.  nice to know we have someone from IBM onboard and who's as articulate as you.

one point.  i believe you said that b/c SR was able to be taken down, it proves that Bitcoin can be regulated.  i disagree with this.  it only proved that DPR made a mistake in his personal dealings leading to his downfall.

nothing to do with Bitcoin.

other than that, job well done.  you're a credible source.
Sorry - finextra seems to be down / very slow. Will repost when they sort it out.
Hi everybody,

I recorded an interview with Elizabeth Lumley of financial website Finextra last week.  It went live today:

http://www.finextra.com/Video/Video.aspx?videoid=513

I'm increasingly convinced that the mainstream media is completely missing the point with Bitcoin and I took the opportunity in this interview to make this argument and focus on the non-currency implications.  I focussed on the possibilities enabled by colored coins rather than, say, talking about programmable money/transaction scripting (I didn't have time), but hopefully made the case that finance and enterprise IT audiences should be viewing Bitcoin as more than just a currency and payment system.   

It's my first video interview on this topic (or any other for that matter) - I'd be interested in feedback and comment.... is this approach to spreading the word to a mainstream finance audience about Bitcoin helpful?

Richard G Brown
@gendal (here and on twitter)

Pages:
Jump to: