Pages:
Author

Topic: [FINISHED] ListenToBitcoin.com - music generated from realtime transaction data. - page 2. (Read 7167 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 502
Doesn't use these forums that often.
Wow. I just wish I could create a donation-attracting monster like that Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029
@IntrepidMiner: I like your recent changes. Keep up the good work Wink.

Also, it might be more useful to put the trade price in the bubble instead of the trade value...

+1. So I can close clarkmoody/mtgoxlive and keep just one websockets connection.
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
Another idea...for MtGox trades, color the bubble different if the trade happens at an all-time-high in any currency.

Or just green bubbles when it's a buy trade and red bubbles for sells.

I second that. Some color would be nice.

Also, it might be more useful to put the trade price in the bubble instead of the trade value...
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
legendary
Another idea...for MtGox trades, color the bubble different if the trade happens at an all-time-high in any currency.

Or just green bubbles when it's a buy trade and red bubbles for sells.

It will be fun to see the screen fill up with all-time-high bubbles. I am sure people will take screenshots and share.
legendary
Another "idea": from time to time a gentle gust of wind could make all the bubbles tend to move towards the left or right. Not an idea actually since it just happened naturally in my browser, and I liked the effect.
Excellent work!

A few more suggestions.

1) Can you make the data source selectable, i.e., I might want to see only MtGox or Blockchain or both.

2) Can you color SatoshiDice transactions a different color, like green?

TIA!
legendary
Really nice! I have a couple of suggestions:

• When two bubbles appear simultaneously, you can see that they go up at exactly the same pace. You could add a bit of randomization to the vertical speed so their movement is more real.
  • Pitch depending on logarithm of transaction amount, suggested elsewhere too.
  • You could arrange the notes so that they align with the chord of the last found block to achieve basic harmony. E.g. a new block is found and a C major chord is played, then the notes of the next transactions could be limited to C, D, E, G and A; next block arrives and a G major chord is played, after that the notes of the transactions would be limited to G, A, B, D and E. Then F major… endless possibilities here.
  • Regarding different instruments for different transactions, being able to configure this would be awesome. Even an on/off switch would be ok for me.
  • Big market orders on mtgox are a problem in the sense that they are obviously recognized from the rush of played notes. They could be grouped (not very aggresively) so that less notes are played.
Good work, and congrats for achieving HN #1!
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Pretty cool. Donation sent as well Smiley
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
Awesome! I thought it was going to sound scary, but it is very nice! Donation sent.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
0xFB0D8D1534241423
I absolutely love this. Is it on a pentatonic scale?
Activity: 306
Donations: http://tny.im/nx
You should add a "semi-silent" mode where transactions to/from 1dice addresses are left out...  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1630
just thought of a great idea, You should add to specific addresses so for example http://www.listentobitcoin.com/1addresshere would do live streaming of transactions getting sent here
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
By the way, why the choice for vibraphone sounds?

Favorite instrument I guess? I also had some inspiration from Tonematrix.
W-M
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
In Crypto we Trust.
By the way, why the choice for vibraphone sounds?
legendary
Activity: 1630
i belive its the right catagory

I do have one question tho, why are some in BTC and then some in BTC/usd are the BTC/USD ones trades on mtgox? Also this includes ones that are btc/ some other fiat like JPY

Also for firefox seems that if switch tabs all the bubles get held up at the bottom of the screen until i switch over again. I still hear all the music just the visuals kinda freeze until i view it.Not sure if this was intended or not.

Lastly would be a neat feature todo colored bubbles for sizes of transactions or if its from a know/popular address, or like the donation bubble isntead saying mtgox or something. Just some ideas, cool site tho
W-M
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
In Crypto we Trust.
Wow. I dig innovative concepts like this. Even tough the system has trouble connecting to blockchain.info at the moment, Good job!
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077
Absolutely stunning. Great work all around! The idea is fantastic, the execution is flawless, and there's a nice UI to boot.
Pages:
Jump to: