Pages:
Author

Topic: (finished) Mint Race Weekend #2, BCC cards from Bitcurex! - page 2. (Read 7177 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Darkice has joined the race and is burning up the shares! Wink
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1009
SELL bitcoinmarket.net | bitcoinitalia.com SELL
yes, I had not done this reasoning.... always the case of gpumax, right?  Wink
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
OKAY was this gpumax or a big asic rig?

if it was gpumax the loss of 50 coins will be offset with some prize money.

fefox is in third place for the race which is worth some coins.

I am not sure as to how gpumax works?
 Do I rent it so to speak?
 I also read they had trouble paying people lately.

It was gpumax. It works a bit like a pool, but you can buy the hashrate and send it to any other pool.
As for the loss or gain; its too early to tell. If we find one or even two more blocks fast enough, Fefox will make a profit. If we dont, then he will make a loss. On average you would expect to lose big time buying gpumax shares and pointing them to a pool with <=100% expected PPS, but that never stopped a gambler before Smiley
legendary
Fefox   41.23% 20.67884171 BTC
WORK 4,360,265
4,360,265 ----> 41,23% = 1.787.708
buy 1.787.708 of shares Gpumax = 70 BTC
20-70=-50

was a great deal!  Undecided  Lips sealed

Looks like a wheel just came off, back to the old one now  Grin
legendary
With how much security you're telling...   Shocked
Anyway ... finished.  Cool

@fefox: super lol  Grin
I have the impression that this is a test of "ASIC".
Gpumax not to send so strong! I bought still Gpumax, but never sent with this power. However, it is a pleasure to see so much power!  Grin

when no one was looking I took a ASIC Mini Rig out on the track for a few laps Smiley
Activity: 910
Merit: 1004
buy silver!
no, its gpumax
legendary
I have the impression that this is a test of "ASIC".
Gpumax not to send so strong! I bought still Gpumax, but never sent with this power. However, it is a pleasure to see so much power!  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1034
Needs more jiggawatts
Three new blocks have been minted by zopyx, slipbye and benny32. Rankings in the first post will be updated in a moment.

And here's something we haven't seen before. A GPUmax run pushes Fefox up to 1500 GH/s! Pool hashrate at 2.5 TH/s. That's a new record for highest miner hashrate and for pool hashrate as well!
legendary
AAAArgh !! ---------------------->  Fefox 1,111,999 Mhps !!! O-O
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Seems fun, tough I doubt my measly 1 gh/s will be a victor!
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
gigavps hits another block. It's not good enough to take the first place from PasProfeta, but it does improve his current second place, making it that much harder to beat.

Miners don't seem deterred by the minting we have seen so far. The pool hashrate seems to be inching up towards 1200 GH/s.

Update: oops, missed that micheletegon had an NMC block as well. Not sure if I will bother to dig the bitcoin hash out of those merged namecoin blocks though, as they will probably be pushed off the rankings soon.
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
In a surprising move we see PasProfeta, a miner who is not even on the top 50 by hash rate, delivering excellent minting work. The hash is much lower than the first prize hash from the previous mint race. Can he have already secured first place so early in the race? There is still plenty of time left, but finding another hash that low won't be easy.

Also gigavps, salcox, miscio84 have excellent hashes that are below the first prize hash from last race. It will be interesting to see if those will all stay among the 10 winner hashes.

We see manny following up with a namecoin block, but that will likely fall in the rankings fairly quickly.

(current standings updated in the original post above)
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
I wouldnt bother with a gpumax run, the word on the street is that miners havent been paid for a long time.. and most have swapped out of gpumax. It is also uncertain if a purchase would even go trough.

Ah.. knew there had to be a reason for it.

Well, hashrate still went over 1100 GH/s just before start. And we have now passed 20:00 UTC and the race is on!

May the best minter win Smiley
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com
With 2.5 hours left before the race we can already see miners jockeying for position.
Interestingly we are not seeing any GPUmax runs yet. At the last mint race several miners were plagued with mistimed GPUmax runs both before and after the race.
I wouldnt bother with a gpumax run, the word on the street is that miners havent been paid for a long time.. and most have swapped out of gpumax. It is also uncertain if a purchase would even go trough.
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
With 2.5 hours left before the race we can already see miners jockeying for position.

In pole position we have amazingrando, a new miner on the pool. With 10% of the hashpower he should have a good chance to win.

After him we have the usual suspects, our regular miners in the 40-60 GH/s range. We can see Entropy now pushing up to 74 GH/s though, just in time for the race. But what is this, farfie is falling back, he appears to have lost about 20 GH/s. We can only hope this is not a repeat of the previous mint race where one of Fefox's rigs caught on fire. I must remind everyone that every machine has its limit. Don't push things too far or you'll end up spending all your mining income on repairs.

Quick update, we now see amazingrando responding to Entropy's move, pushing up to 112 GH/s and keeping a good lead.

Interestingly we are not seeing any GPUmax runs yet. At the last mint race several miners were plagued with mistimed GPUmax runs both before and after the race.
legendary
Activity: 1036
DARKNETMARKETS.COM
Ups, sorry:)
We're waiting then.
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
There are many blocks mined since begin of this competition. How we can found out who is the winnner?

It starts friday at 20:00 UTC.
legendary
Activity: 1036
DARKNETMARKETS.COM
There are many blocks mined since begin of this competition. How we can found out who is the winnner?
Pages:
Jump to: