Pages:
Author

Topic: Firearms company cuts ties with Liam Neeson over gun-control comment - page 2. (Read 1459 times)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0
America has failed to evolve with their gun laws. Its too late now. Good luck disarming everyone!
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
Never will I understand the logic of people who think it is better to deliberately render yourself completely defenceless against armed psychopaths, they're psychopaths, they don't care if you have a gun or not, they're still going to try and murder you one way or another and it doesn't matter if you put up a gun free sign or not.

but if the psycho gets a gun it is much easier for him to do so.

aslong as weapon control laws can secure that no criminal and mentally ill people get guns im all for it - but sadly it is not the case in most countries.

Psychopaths will get guns either way or they'll do what the Islamic terrorists do and just make bombs, which in actual fact are far easier and more undetectable to get than guns ever will be. I can tell you now it would probably be pretty easy for me to make enough explosives to take out the big ben here in the UK than it would be to to buy a handgun illegaly and it would to several times more damage.

All you need is the right amount of chemicals and various other ingredients ( Just to show people I'm on their side I won't post exactly what that is but it's bloody easy ) so this paranoia about guns has me absolutely fascinated. What's even more fascinating is how there are people out there who actually feel assured that a bunch of uniformed people are running around waving their guns at everybody and telling them what they can and can't do.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
... after he called the number of guns owned in the US a disgrace.
Actually, Neeson is right. Just in the wrong direction.

Our personal weapons of mass destruction are limited by government as much as possible. This limiting keeps us from having and using the most powerful handguns and rifles. No silencers (at least Britain has us beat on this one). No armor piercing rounds. No effective hollow point.

What is the real reason that government wants to limit us? Because then WE would literally be the government in every way, and we would not need them. Peace would abound. We would figure ways out for judging our disputes among ourselves. We would trade with other nations of the world individually.

No effective laws against pot usage could be maintained. The drug war would die because, the drug trade would die because, everyone could raise his own if he wanted. So, the government would stop being the money laundering haven that it has become because the drug trade money would go away.

The Federal Reserve Bank would wither away because we would help each other rather than need these fake loans from the FED... these so-called loans that are really creations of new money. The U.S. could no longer finance world wars. Peace and world trade would abound. Even the Muslims would stop harming people, because they wouldn't be supported by the CIA in their jihad on the nations.

All this because we don't understand that Neeson is right, just in exactly the wrong direction.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145
Never will I understand the logic of people who think it is better to deliberately render yourself completely defenceless against armed psychopaths, they're psychopaths, they don't care if you have a gun or not, they're still going to try and murder you one way or another and it doesn't matter if you put up a gun free sign or not.

but if the psycho gets a gun it is much easier for him to do so.

aslong as weapon control laws can secure that no criminal and mentally ill people get guns im all for it - but sadly it is not the case in most countries.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Wait but there's no way the gov't could be wrong on this one, could they??  (jk)

Until the gov't realizes PEOPLE kill PEOPLE, they will keep going after your guns.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 1049
Merit: 1006

Firearms company cuts ties with Liam Neeson over gun-control comments

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/jan/20/firearms-company-para-usa-liam-neeson-gun-control

<< PARA USA accuses Taken 3 star of "cultural and factual ignorance" after he called the number of guns owned in the US a disgrace.

A US gun manufacturer which provided weapons for the Liam Neeson action sequel Taken 3 has criticised the Irish actor for pro-gun control comments he made in the wake of the Charlie Hebdo attacks.

Neeson launched a tirade against the proliferation of firearms in the US an interview last week, while denying that Hollywood contributes to the problem. Now PARA USA says it is severing all ties with the Ballymena-born star and urged all other manufacturers to do the same. >>

Pages:
Jump to: