Pages:
Author

Topic: Firefox Not Working? Suggestions? - page 2. (Read 1090 times)

copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
February 14, 2016, 01:09:35 PM
The trick with Firefox is not to upgrade right away,quite often they have a glitch that goes unknown and you end up finding out after a few days. Can always run the version you had before and that should solve the issue till any issue is fixed.
Think a few years ago Firefox made adjustments that made it impossible for people to play Travian and going back one version solved the issue till they fixed it.

Well that is problematic for me.
I uninstalled and reinstalled it as stated.
But thanks anyway.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
February 14, 2016, 01:01:01 PM
The trick with Firefox is not to upgrade right away,quite often they have a glitch that goes unknown and you end up finding out after a few days. Can always run the version you had before and that should solve the issue till any issue is fixed.
Think a few years ago Firefox made adjustments that made it impossible for people to play Travian and going back one version solved the issue till they fixed it.
copper member
February 14, 2016, 12:57:58 PM
I started Firefox.exe process.
I then typed tasklist into CMD (command prompt) and got back that firefox was running as a console process.
I then typed it in again (a few minutes later) and got back that it was no longer there as a running process.

Does anyone know how this occurs and how to fix it (I have used systems like symantec power erasor and virus scanner so checked if it worked by uninstalling and reinstalling firefox, ,but still no luck)?

Thanks in advance for the help, it is appreciated.
why still usse firefox if chrome is faster and better? Grin
i just think you must re instal your operating system,it will fix all your app.

BECAUSE CHROME IS CAUSING THE PROBLEM! (I believe)

I have uninstalled and reinstalled firefox twice (rebooting after uninstall).

It still isn't working.

I then tried to end the process "chrome.exe" from the command line.

I ran
Code:
taskkill /im chrome.exe /f

I got a successful removal of all 6 processes.

I then ran
Code:
tasklist
and found that it has loaded back up again.

I then tried to uninstall it andit told me to close it.

▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼
IN FUTURE READ THE ENTIRE OP BEFORE POSTING PLEASE!
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
February 14, 2016, 12:23:04 PM
I then typed tasklist into CMD (command prompt) and got back that firefox was running as a console process.
I then typed it in again (a few minutes later) and got back that it was no longer there as a running process.

Does anyone know how this occurs and how to fix it (I have used systems like symantec power erasor and virus scanner so checked if it worked by uninstalling and reinstalling firefox, ,but still no luck)?

why still usse firefox if chrome is faster and better? Grin
i just think you must re instal your operating system,it will fix all your app.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
February 14, 2016, 11:35:14 AM
Use another browser until it is fixed
Reinstall firefox
Close all process related to Firefox and try to restart
Activity: 81
Merit: 0
February 14, 2016, 11:32:13 AM
Might they are working onto it. So it's hamper you to get in. Try after few hours.
copper member
February 13, 2016, 04:43:23 PM

Pages:
Jump to: