Pages:
Author

Topic: [First Avail. Reserv.] CT/HF Bare Rig GB + Bitmine 28nm Chip Buy discussion - page 2. (Read 11582 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Activity: 138
Merit: 10
I am interested also.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
Activity: 26
As I mentioned in the previous thread, I'm definitely interested in helping out in any way possible..
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
Both sound great guys!!

2. $3200 500GH/s CoinTerra unit; Could be late Dec./Jan.

3. $650 32GH/s unit: also a Jan. timeframe but possibly the easiest of the 3 options.

As long as a backplane & raspi are NOT mandatory for these units to work.A nice option to consolidate the units though,if you want to spend the extra BTC  Wink

A USB cable & some sort of standard ATX PSU plug to keep it simple....oh & BFG or CGminer compatibilty too.

Bringing Barntech in on this Huh  AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!!!!!  Cheesy

I have a few friends with cash (I'm waiting on my 70GH of units,Avalon & Drillbit,hope to roll my BTC into something like this) looking to buy a KNC,I'll see if I can get them to hold on for this,if your serious  Wink

Keep us posted!!!!!!!!  Cool
Activity: 139
Merit: 100
If you are reading this and would be interested in either a $3200ish contera 500 GH/s miner, or a $550ish 32 GH/s miner, please speak up and it may come to pass. Wink

Barntech

Sounds good to me, im sure you probably already have a list of your customers and filling the slots wouldnt take a long time.
legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
I am in, although not at the 100 chip level.
Given the time (jan) and difficulty unknowns, are there any wise actions we can take decrease the cost per GH?
Not that the price point is high. It's perfect. My concern is given the wait, what appears a great deal today could be January's boondoggle.
I'm not a tech, but if we can resonably reduce costs we can double the order and improve our chances for profitable mining or selling of the boards. Whatever is your preference.
Not that cost isn't a focus on every project. It just seems like this one has a longer time horizon therefore higher risk than others.
Maybe nothing can be done and you have already maxes out savings opportunities. Just want to push the point.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Well I will say this, the price per a GH/s of the Cointerra offering is quite appealing. Even if its a fairly large system, I would be quite interested. It really depends if Cointerra can deliver on spec and on time. I know its a much larger risk, but I feel that Barntech would really beat a large portion of the market on price per GH/s. At 500GH/s for $3200, I don't think you would have any trouble selling out. Your team can put a board out there with a very nice dollar to GH/s ratio and nobody else seems to be going there. Barntech's DIY attitude could really be a savior when everyone else seems to be going for the most money they can get. I think that cost effective large rigs could be quite nice.

VMC seems a bit late to the game, but its quite possible they could have very nice chip. Its a shame that the price per a GH/s is going up with VMC vs the eariler Drill Bit. This system would be a great way for new miners to get started without breaking the bank. I think that this is another ignored market area and I really want to see this happen as well. I have my worry about VMC, but who knows, they may deliver an awesome product. Its too early for me to judge at this point. I am hopeful we may see a drop in VMC's pricing, as I feel they are priced slightly high for their time of introduction to the market. Sadly 32GH/s for $500 may be priced out the market by January, depending on the total amount of hashes shipped.

Very glad to have jumped on the Drill Bit though! Its a real shame that Bitfury is pricing the next batch so high. While this may sound odd, I think there is a place for both kinds of systems. If the work load isn't too high and Barntech can make some money for themselves and their contribution, I am hopeful they will pursue both ideas. At this point I am much more interested in a Cointerra based system for my personal investment, but I would be interested in either. I have a very good feeling about Barntech and look forward to keeping my mining interests with them.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
I'd be interested in anything Barntech organizes.
Activity: 518
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Hey all

Davmp and Zombei, it could be cool, not quite yet but maybe soon, to start looking at getting a solid order form on a separate page of our site for this stuff. Slightly premature right now, but would be good to have it ready to go from the beginning. On our end, we are still thoroughly tied up in our Bitfury stuff and want to wait at least until we have our prototytpe hashing before taking on any other projects. That should be up and running in the next week or so.

Cheers

Barntech

Sounds good to me! I'll be here and we'll all be here whenever you'd like us to help out. If you want to handle all the BTC I'm cool with that, I'm just here to help Group Buyers and Sellers (oh, and myself by helping buyers & sellers; I'm all about getting access to leading edge tech at the best value).

P.S. Sorry about the thread hijack on your Drillbit GB to you and the Drillbit Group Buyers; was just backing up my man bobsag3. I didn't want to leave him hanging out on a limb. He's put a lot of time/effort/money into doing prior upgrades as well as taking my hosting suggestion upgrades and collateral methods to heart.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
I would definitely be up for a 32 g/h unit if the price is around the $500 mark, but if difficulty keeps rising the hardware costs will have to come down.
We are going to see the hobby miners all dying off otherwise.

I'm in for one if delivery is going to be under 4 to 6 weeks from order. but not "Two WeeksTM" Grin

That is  Why I said under 2 weeks TM Grin

I want a product like this, but  I have 4 or 5 preorders as I type. I have to wait for at least one to show up before I do another preorder.  

1) BFL since march 2013=========== 14gh   maybe 2 weeks about 514 usd
2) a bitfury since june 2013========= 10gh    maybe 2 weeks  about 3 btc
3) a knc sinc july 2013 ===========  40gh    maybe 2 weeks  about 7.5 btc
4)a jet with d zombie since aug 2013=== 10gh    maybe 6 weeks    about 1.55 btc

a grand total of  15btc so whats another 5 btc

this  is 74 gh on hold .  I am hashing 30gh as I type.
Activity: 29
I would definitely be up for a 32 g/h unit if the price is around the $500 mark, but if difficulty keeps rising the hardware costs will have to come down.
We are going to see the hobby miners all dying off otherwise.

I'm in for one if delivery is going to be under 4 to 6 weeks from order. but not "Two WeeksTM" Grin
Activity: 266
Hey all

Looks like there is decent amounts of interest in this stuff. Good to see, and thanks everyone for putting yourselves forwards offering assistance. Feels like we could do something cool here. I definitely do like the 500-600 mark for smaller more accessible miners more than the larger offering from Cionterra. I totally agree that getting this stuff moving quickly is ideal, but at this point it seems we're looking at January for either of these chips. As far as i can tell, none of them actually exist yet. I have a phone meeting set up with the guys from VMC on Monday so i will be able to get more details then and share them with you all. If i feel comfortable with their vibe, then it may well be worth moving quite quickly to secure early chips. Bobsag, your offer of some upfront cash may well come in useful to just place an order without having to wait for a group buy to fill up, though i do think we'll be able to reach the batch price quite quickly. 500 chips into two chip miners is 250 miners. I will personally want a decent amount, probably around the 50 mark and i imagine the rest of you would put your hands up for some, so in the end we would maybe only need to find takers for 100-150, which i think will be very easy to do. As always, the epic rising difficulty is a worry, and who knows where it will be by january or february, but i guess its probably still worth taking the plunge. Davmp and Zombei, it could be cool, not quite yet but maybe soon, to start looking at getting a solid order form on a separate page of our site for this stuff. Slightly premature right now, but would be good to have it ready to go from the beginning. On our end, we are still thoroughly tied up in our Bitfury stuff and want to wait at least until we have our prototytpe hashing before taking on any other projects. That should be up and running in the next week or so.

Cheers

Barntech
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Hey Zombie.

Sounds good. Always nice to have spare hands and brain to keep on top of all this stuff. Sounds like it could be good to see what we can do together. It would be nice to start seeing what kind of interest there is out there for either a fast-hash-one based project http://virtualminingcorp.com/shop1/index.php?id_category=8&controller=category, or a cointerra based project http://cointerra.com/shop/

They are both offering chips for what looks like a January delivery. The smaller size of the fast-hash-one chips is more appealing to us at this point as they can still be accessible to smaller scale miners, and most likely can be built into the expandability of our current equipment. If you are reading this and would be interested in either a $3200ish contera 500 GH/s miner, or a $550ish 32 GH/s miner, please speak up and it may come to pass. Wink

Barntech

the 500-600 dollar market is underserved  a 32gh miner at that price point sounds like what I want. for 2 years 400-600 dollar gpus were big news for mining the idea of a 32gh unit vs a .6gh gpu .  uses less power less noise is appealing.  If this can be done without huge leadtime it would be very nice. gpus were a 1 day wait from amazon. the only fast ship gear right now is from AM.  We need a 550 piece of gear that can ship fast under 2 weeks .  Waiting for a chip until Jan is the sticking point as I see it.
Activity: 546
Owner, Minersource.net
Hey Zombie.

Sounds good. Always nice to have spare hands and brain to keep on top of all this stuff. Sounds like it could be good to see what we can do together. It would be nice to start seeing what kind of interest there is out there for either a fast-hash-one based project http://virtualminingcorp.com/shop1/index.php?id_category=8&controller=category, or a cointerra based project http://cointerra.com/shop/

They are both offering chips for what looks like a January delivery. The smaller size of the fast-hash-one chips is more appealing to us at this point as they can still be accessible to smaller scale miners, and most likely can be built into the expandability of our current equipment. If you are reading this and would be interested in either a $3200ish contera 500 GH/s miner, or a $550ish 32 GH/s miner, please speak up and it may come to pass. Wink

Barntech

Hey Barnetch,

Yup, as the posts above point out: whatever you want us to do, we're more then willing to help.  Grin

My evil angle is that the less of the customer service & day to day stuff you have to deal with, the faster you'll get product out the door. Moohahaha.
And money for me and my hosting? I ALSO LIKE USPS BOXES. I have waaaaaaay to many of of them. hint hint
Hey Zombie.

Barntech

Hey Barnetch,

Yup, as the posts above point out: whatever you want us to do, we're more then willing to help.  Grin

My evil angle is that the less of the customer service & day to day stuff you have to deal with, the faster you'll get product out the door. Moohahaha.
If you are reading this and would be interested in either a $3200ish contera 500 GH/s miner, or a $550ish 32 GH/s miner, please speak up and it may come to pass. Wink
Barntech

While the Cointera (was contera a purposeful misspelling?) has a 3x better GH/$ initial cost, I can't justify that level of spending myself at this time.   As a result, I'd be interested in the $550ish miner.   But that might change if I knew GH/W numbers too.

Oh, and if anyone needs a programmer to help with anything, I can offer my services.  I can also build websites, webstores, etc.  My day job involves writing and supporting the whole component stack involved in FX trading systems.

Nice! I think that between all the volunteers that showed up, Barntech won't have to worry about the front end; as in: site, sales, marketing, customer education (I know I was probably a PITA when he was setting up) & customer service (which can take hours and hours), refunds, dispute resolution, having to do all the project updates...oh, all kinds of stuff.  Grin He can tweak things or adjust things as he sees fit for the good of the Group Buy.

I believe he's already had some help with his site but perhaps you can come to an arrangement with him for some services.
Activity: 546
Owner, Minersource.net
If we also need $$$ to buy the chips ahead of time, I can come up with it given the headsup/
Activity: 33
Barntech

While the Cointera (was contera a purposeful misspelling?) has a 3x better GH/$ initial cost, I can't justify that level of spending myself at this time.   As a result, I'd be interested in the $550ish miner.   But that might change if I knew GH/W numbers too.

Oh, and if anyone needs a programmer to help with anything, I can offer my services.  I can also build websites, webstores, etc.  My day job involves writing and supporting the whole component stack involved in FX trading systems.
Pages:
Jump to: