Pages:
Author

Topic: First commercial ASIC miner specifications and pre-launch - page 3. (Read 29341 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

Use of Block RAM (BRAM) for storage of constants [8]. Reconfigurable hardware devices
such as FPGAs often have on-board memories which can be pre-loaded.
Storing the Kt constants in these memories frees up space in the device
which can then be used to implement extra logic. The free space also leads to
improved routing and, thus, a general speed-up in circuit operation.

From "Optimisation of the SHA-2 Family of Hash Functions on FPGAs"
Robert P. McEvoy, Francis M. Crowe, Colin C. Murphy and William P. Marnane
             Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering,
                      University College Cork, Ireland
             {robertmce, francisc, cmurphy, liam}@rennes.ucc.ie

oic, since it's only for storage purposes, it isn't really a critical part. So which Flash chip are you using?
legendary
Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016
Activity: 14
a flash chip or a sdram in this specific case would have the same purpose.

Really? What's the purpose of the flash chip / sdram in this specific case then?

The purpose is storing constants used in the computational tasks and save logic space for other uses.

Use of Block RAM (BRAM) for storage of constants [8]. Reconfigurable hardware devices
such as FPGAs often have on-board memories which can be pre-loaded.
Storing the Kt constants in these memories frees up space in the device
which can then be used to implement extra logic. The free space also leads to
improved routing and, thus, a general speed-up in circuit operation.

From "Optimisation of the SHA-2 Family of Hash Functions on FPGAs"
Robert P. McEvoy, Francis M. Crowe, Colin C. Murphy and William P. Marnane
             Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering,
                      University College Cork, Ireland
             {robertmce, francisc, cmurphy, liam}@rennes.ucc.ie

Really? What's the purpose of the flash chip / sdram in this specific case then?

The purpose is storing constants used in the computational tasks and save logic space for other uses.
Activity: 5
...our product shares a pcb platform that is more than common in the tablet manufacturing scene...

Yet it was like pulling chicken's teeth to get them to post a blurred picture indicating nothing more than this common format.

Just because our product shares a pcb platform that is more than common in the tablet manufacturing scene it does not mean it is a scam.

It does smell like a scam if the supposed company with the technical expertise to build such a PCB can tell people they are using the same Flash chip as another device... then somebody points out the part number on the "Flash" chip indicates that it's something else actually Wink

Just because our product shares a pcb platform that is more than common in the tablet manufacturing scene it does not mean it is a scam.

It does smell like a scam if the supposed company with the technical expertise to build such a PCB can tell people they are using the same Flash chip as another device... then somebody points out the part number on the "Flash" chip indicates that it's something else actually Wink
Read the discussion. There are many points you are not getting.

Read the discussion. There is only one key point and you're the only one not getting it. Wink

Just because our product shares a pcb platform that is more than common in the tablet manufacturing scene it does not mean it is a scam. Our secretive acting is dictated by the fact that it is more than simple to assemble a device like this given the right connections.
Probably in the next few days somebody will setup a subreddit dedicated to asking general questions about our device. We will try to fix things then.
Activity: 927
Merit: 1000
฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin
There are already SHA-256 cores for sale.
http://www.cast-inc.com/ip-cores/encryption/sha-256/
http://www.heliontech.com/downloads/fast_hash_asic_datasheet.pdf
This guys is acting like there is some huge secret to keep. Give me a break. I'm calling bullshit.

Those are totally different stuffs. 
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
There are already SHA-256 cores for sale.
http://www.cast-inc.com/ip-cores/encryption/sha-256/
http://www.heliontech.com/downloads/fast_hash_asic_datasheet.pdf
This guys is acting like there is some huge secret to keep. Give me a break. I'm calling bullshit.
Activity: 500
Merit: 253
I'm not kidding man. There's a lot of money sitting here right now. I don't think you appreciate how liquid your device really is.
asciminer
well you can contact me here in the forum aswell. I wrote you here twice no answer. But to make it more easy, write me on coinmaster ad tenobis.com

Tenobis

Hi, thanks for your patience, we have just sent the original email.
Since this is being made in China, I'll wait for the manufacturer to release their own pirated versions which cost 10x less.  The first wave of buyers take on the scam risk, as well as pay an early adopter tax. 

You can't pirate hardware, noob.

In China they even do this. Must see with your eyes.
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
asciminer
well you can contact me here in the forum aswell. I wrote you here twice no answer. But to make it more easy, write me on coinmaster ad tenobis.com

Tenobis
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
You should go full disclosure on us right now. Let people copy this, big deal. I would rather pay $2700 right now versus paying $1400 for some clone a month from now.

yes.
Pages:
Jump to: