Pages:
Author

Topic: First Criminal Case Involving Attack on a Smart Contract Operated by DeX - page 2. (Read 241 times)

legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 3645
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
It seems that we are talking about a hacker, and if my memory does not fail me, I think that the intended bridge here is polygon bridge because during the past year it was hacked and then part of the money was returned, and therefore we are talking about an information crime related to penetration and money laundering more than a case related to cryptocurrencies.

To combat fraud on DeX, it turns out that no new legislation is needed.
All anti-money laundering laws contain loose sentences that enable governments to prosecute individuals with them, even if new technology appears, such as saying that trading any asset that is not supported by the Central Bank is considered an aid in money laundering.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 4368
https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr/former-security-engineer-international-technology-company-arrested-defrauding
"Damian Williams, the United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York, Chad Plantz, the Special Agent in Charge of the San Diego Field Office of Homeland Security Investigations (“HSI”), and Tyler Hatcher, the Special Agent in Charge of the Los Angeles Field Office of the Internal Revenue Service - Criminal Investigation (“IRS-CI”), announced the unsealing of an Indictment charging SHAKEEB AHMED with wire fraud and money laundering in connection with his attack on a decentralized cryptocurrency exchange (the “Crypto Exchange”).  AHMED was arrested this morning in New York, New York, and will be presented this afternoon before U.S. Magistrate Judge Robert W. Lehrburger. "

__
To combat fraud on DeX, it turns out that no new legislation is needed.
Pages:
Jump to: