Pages:
Author

Topic: First GPU Mining Rig - page 2. (Read 473 times)

legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 3095
BTC price road to $80k
August 30, 2019, 05:31:59 PM
I think ethOS only support Ethash algo or they only have limited algo supported. If you are planning to mine only ethereum you can use this OS but if you are planning to mine with different algo go for other OS like SMOS/HiveOS or just windows for more flexibility.

If you stay mining with ETH you can't make a profit or you can't reach your ROI back. GPU miners mostly mine what suggested from whattomine. But for me go for windows OS and mine Beam coin then hold.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014
August 30, 2019, 02:39:55 PM
I have watch verious videos about each OS but still on the fence which one would suit me best?
Whats the difference between them? I mean its all based on Linux from what i predict, so it doesnt matter, what matter is TIME which you should utilise this cards close to 99,98% of it. Not working, laying down loosing you money and getting old which is loosing money also.
Whatever OS you will choose, make it run already Smiley this is my advice.
Activity: 11
Merit: 1
August 30, 2019, 01:40:42 PM
Hi all,

I have finally pulled the trigger and purchased a GPU mining (6 x ASUS AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB rig to mine alt coins, to accompany my ASIC Miner (Antminer S9).

The mining rig I have purchased comes with EthOS preinstalled - Would you guys reccomend this as a starting OS or should I move to something like SMOS or HiveOS?

I will be looking to have this mining rig setup at a remote location away from my home address, so being able to remotely control the unit is a must (although I will be around the unit 6 out of 7 days)

I have watch verious videos about each OS but still on the fence which one would suit me best?

Any help / advice always appriciated.

Thanks
Pages:
Jump to: