Pages:
Author

Topic: First hand examples of Emotional trading - page 3. (Read 1150 times)

legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019
February 28, 2019, 04:24:26 PM
I personally faced emotional trading buy the particular coin at the time of Fomo buying coin at the high price will definitely put us to hold for a long time
There are so many people who invested when Bitcoin was growing high in 2017. They believed it will go up and up but it just crashed and shattered their dreams. Many of them had been through emotional trading and had to sell the coins at fear of further loss. Those who held on to the coins are still holding them and feel that the market will return one day not only compensating for their losses but would give them profit.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
February 28, 2019, 01:36:40 PM
What are some examples of when emotions mess up your trades?

When we promised ourselves to be contented with the small profits but then the greedy feeling is attacking my system and the other side of my brain said, " I want more". Lol. Then the market suddenly dropped and i felt frustrated and I extremely blame myself for my wrong decisions.
This is so natural, if we expect something from and then we get different thing so we can get hurt emotionally but for this we will have to prepare ourselves and it is not good to let your emotions eat up your profit, make one thing in your mind that anything can happen, the whole thing I will have to do is holding at red and trading at green, keep your emotion away.
Activity: 239
Merit: 15
February 27, 2019, 06:58:35 AM

When we promised ourselves to be contented with the small profits but then the greedy feeling is attacking my system and the other side of my brain said, " I want more". Lol. Then the market suddenly dropped and i felt frustrated and I extremely blame myself for my wrong decisions.
Activity: 1736
Merit: 589
February 27, 2019, 06:50:46 AM
We are here to make some money right?  Well if I see the chart looks good, maybe I want a little bit more... Grin Grin Grin
The " I want a little bit more" once pushed me to lose i got greedy to have a much huge profit. I've experience having no emotion response on the market and thought only of having a profit not knowing what could it bring to me if got my eagerness overrun. Emotional quotient is more vital than Intelligent quotient on this kind of industry.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
February 26, 2019, 08:24:09 PM
For emotions to mess up your trades you will need at first to have some rules regarding how you are going to make your trades and many people do not even have that, so their first mistake is to not have a clear strategy about what they are going to do in the markets if they go against them, once you solve that aspect of your trading you can begin to worry about how your emotions can affect you and make you to not follow your own rules.
Activity: 168
Merit: 2
February 26, 2019, 12:35:46 PM
Greedy is normal emotion in crypto trading because in bull market alot of crypto going up to more than 10x , we can be greedy in bull market but still under control, i mean we have should be also have protection to lock the profit by use trailling stop. When target profit reached , we have to exit from the market and dont trade in the same coin again.
....... and personal calculation without also ruling out a mentor, everyone needs a mentor no matter how good you are.

Have you seen my mentor topic??? Many peeps here at the board are saying otherwise!

that said. what is your mentor like? how did you meet? whats it likeHuhHuhHuh??
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058
February 26, 2019, 12:14:21 PM
Greedy is normal emotion in crypto trading because in bull market alot of crypto going up to more than 10x , we can be greedy in bull market but still under control, i mean we have should be also have protection to lock the profit by use trailling stop. When target profit reached , we have to exit from the market and dont trade in the same coin again.
Panic selling is actually bad for trading because you will eventually loose us, though sometimes, it’s not see easy to control our emotion when trading, that is that why it takes determination and strong mind to trade.

I believe it will be best for an emotional trader to just be an investor rather than be a short trader, guessing in trading is very bad and the best way like you suggested is to use lots of technical analysis and personal calculation without also ruling out a mentor, everyone needs a mentor no matter how good you are.
Activity: 378
Merit: 3
February 26, 2019, 02:41:48 AM
I personally faced emotional trading buy the particular coin at the time of Fomo buying coin at the high price will definitely put us to hold for a long time
Activity: 1162
Merit: 251
February 26, 2019, 02:08:51 AM
We are here to make some money right?  Well if I see the chart looks good, maybe I want a little bit more... Grin Grin Grin
it is the habit and greedy nature of every trader, I want more bigger profit, thats what they say, and all he does is throw away
the opportunity. because prices will always change, don't rely on your emotions in making choices
Activity: 397
Merit: 10
February 25, 2019, 10:31:48 PM
We should remove our feelings and emotions before we trade in order for us to prevent panicking. There are a lot of traders that are losing in trading due to fear and panicking. We should always believe to our self and also we should have a lot of patience for us to survive in the market.
Fear is something that is natural, related to emotions that greatly influence trading decisions, so that without control it will increase the risk of loss because it makes decisions when prices are not conducive.
Unlike people who are able to control emotions, of course fear can be minimized by careful calculation to get a profit.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 523
February 25, 2019, 07:28:17 PM
That Is really happen. When the coins increasing the traders waiting to increase more it is not bad unless you did not do research because maybe the coin you wait not increasing anymore. That's happened to me last few years ago I lost some of the possible profit that I got because of  " I want to earn more money". But if you are in longterm it is good to say that.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 180
February 25, 2019, 06:59:08 PM
Make you feel excited about the short pump, and make you more stress if you loss money. Trading with emotion is too risky, don’t try to do it because it can lose your money. As a trader, emotion should always be set aside and try to have more strategies than to have more negative emotion.
February 25, 2019, 04:12:42 PM
Activity: 154
Merit: 24
The future of security tokens
February 25, 2019, 03:10:47 PM
Emotions affects me, especially when I begin to over think and feel there is profit in a particular move,i begin to weigh my options even when there are none actually, it could really be confusing I must confess.
Emotions also move me into taking unnecessary risks that normally I shouldn't have if I was thinking correctly
I've learned to handle emotions and keep them constantly in check when trading
Activity: 896
Merit: 520
February 25, 2019, 02:40:00 PM
When you have an exchange kind of option and entered the exchange and in the middle of the exchange something happens that changes the course of the market development to be against you. On the off chance that you are a decent broker, at that point close exchanging that day to return to exchange one more day. In the event that you are a passionate merchant you will jump at the chance to vindicate the misfortune and enter exchange again which more often than not will bring more misfortune.
Activity: 994
Merit: 256
February 25, 2019, 02:27:21 PM

The sign of being emotional such as follows:

- We feel panic and Fear
- We become greed due to desiring of getting profit in a short
  period of time.
- We feel relax and calm when we do trade in the platform.
- We have self-discipline or self-control

These are the things I knew when we encountered those emotions.
All of them are sighted to become an emotional trader, according to me it is so natural to lose your patience when you see price is falling massively and also it is natural to hold when price is increasing to wait for high profit, but if you want a peaceful trading don’t let your emotions take your profit away because emotions can destroy your internal strength to become a trader.
Activity: 714
Merit: 100
February 25, 2019, 02:04:11 PM

I have a friend who experienced the following situation:
He gained about 80% of his deposit per week by trading stocks during QE  reports. After closing his positions he decided to make another deal and paid attention to commodities and after consideration he decided to trade corn futures. He used almost all of his balance for this.
And corn went against him. He faced short margin.
He hates corn and financial adviser s since that time.

He was so happy by earning 80% of his deposit for a week only so he was almost blind not to follow the advice for buying another shit...
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037
February 25, 2019, 01:52:44 PM
Trading requires a strong heart and mind and trading with emotion could be disastrous, this is what makes a lot of people miss their opportunities when it comes and they don’t see it. Emotional trading of course will bring in greed which is an example; its makes your trade looks like you are gambling, day traders often get caught up in this mess.

When I just started trading on my own I lost a little above 1000 usd week after I started trading with 850usd, the trading started well when I take my profit once it shows green light no matter how little it is and that is how I got to 1000 usd from 800 usd but after I allowed my emotion to set in, I felt I could leverage high so I can take big and fast profit without considering the risk and that is how I lost it.

So, first thing is to take greed out, you know we can’t control the market but can control our emotion and get the best out of it.
February 25, 2019, 12:05:28 PM
How do you deal with emotions when Binance exchange says it is unavailble?  I guess it will be back up soon but still. I want to get my money outta there.

Another idea; How do you deal with emtions when you get hacked and all your money is gone? Must be ways to prepare for the worst!!!

I took couple hundred dollars when bitcoin made a nice spike, no emotions, no regrets, just doing what has to be done.

So it is just another day in the office for you.
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1175
February 25, 2019, 11:56:41 AM
How do you deal with emotions when Binance exchange says it is unavailble?  I guess it will be back up soon but still. I want to get my money outta there.

Another idea; How do you deal with emtions when you get hacked and all your money is gone? Must be ways to prepare for the worst!!!

Both things happened to me in early days, it`s not pleasant at all! But I`m alive and well, learned a lot. After some time you understand it`s the only good way, to learn from it and move on. Emotional trading is not that, emotional trading is when you see prices going up and you rush to buy, that`s emotional, I often do that in the beginning. When I see dumping I rush to sell in panic to not lose a lot and to short, do you know in how many traps I fall cause of that?! Many times, but with practice and learning on mistakes you are progressing, now I`m making money even now, I took couple hundred dollars when bitcoin made a nice spike, no emotions, no regrets, just doing what has to be done.
Pages:
Jump to: