Pages:
Author

Topic: First power bill inclusive of 24/7 mining rigs... - page 2. (Read 7808 times)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0
I use about 2,1 kw/h which gets me a monthly bill of nearly 400 $.
Activity: 125
Merit: 100
Lol @ electric penalty to pay poor people's bills.  California is so messed up.  It's no wonder the state is going bankrupt.

Yeah, the only saving grace is the weed situation  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
Lol @ electric penalty to pay poor people's bills.  California is so messed up.  It's no wonder the state is going bankrupt.
Activity: 711
Merit: 500
Mine was $680 last month, but I have a big house w. ac, figure mining is $340 for 4.2 ghash at .12USD/kwh
Activity: 125
I'll be getting my 1st "True Bill" with a full month of running 8 cores 24/7.

I'm in southern cali where they really like to pull out the rape stick. Shocked My last bill was just north of $400 when it's normally $100 Max.
The kicker is that $120 of the bill is a "penalty" which goes to pay poor peoples electric bills.

This is also with no ac contributing to bill, just fans.

More to come, Peace.

DKN
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Mine's been running since like mid to late July and I slapped a Kill-a-watt meter on it and added 1 more card since.  So my seriously OCed 5830 pair are pulling about 460W at the moment and it's logged 172 KWH so far.  @ 12.6 cents each that's a mere $21.67.

But wait, there's more  Grin Cheesy That's approximately what I made exchanging currency on tradehill.  You know, buy low, sell high, that kinda thing Tongue So I guess I'm mining for free  Grin hehehe.
legendary
Any net earnings ? 57 GPUs making 0.2 BTC/day each is still 3400$/month.

Your math is pretty accurate. =) ... Plus, they've been running since early June...

Ha.  Just got my bill.   $1,685.88 @ $0.34/kwh.

-EP

Yes. You do win!

Are you at all concerned about humidity if you're just using straight outside air?

It's been through a couple of 'rainy days' already.  Haven't had any issues with them yet.  I do check on them once a week to check for dust build-up, etc. or anything out of the ordinary.  All of the components still look brand-new after a quick blast from compressed-air.

Cheers,
Kermee
Nice, good to know, thanks for the reply.
Activity: 560
Not only is electricity costly where I live...it's nearly illegal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swvsNJSDmVA

xD
Fuck you Texas!
Activity: 154

Your math is pretty accurate. =) ... Plus, they've been running since early June...

Ha.  Just got my bill.   $1,685.88 @ $0.34/kwh.

-EP

Yes. You do win!

Are you at all concerned about humidity if you're just using straight outside air?

It's been through a couple of 'rainy days' already.  Haven't had any issues with them yet.  I do check on them once a week to check for dust build-up, etc. or anything out of the ordinary.  All of the components still look brand-new after a quick blast from compressed-air.

Cheers,
Kermee
Activity: 504
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Seal Cub Clubbing Club
Ha.  Just got my bill.   $1,685.88 @ $0.34/kwh.

-EP

You win  Shocked
Activity: 518
WhErE?!?! do you guys get the money for all this kit?? I mean 57 GPUs??  Shocked
legendary
Activity: 800
Merit: 1001
Ha.  Just got my bill.   $1,685.88 @ $0.34/kwh.

-EP
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006
pft.

100+'F, and my car's AC has been broken for 3 years.
Activity: 258
Here in Texas it just touches the upper 70's late in the middle of the night -- for about 2 or 3 hours, then it's back up to the 80s in the early morning hours with a daily high around 103.

I would perish after a week of that.
Activity: 392
Here in Texas it just touches the upper 70's late in the middle of the night -- for about 2 or 3 hours, then it's back up to the 80s in the early morning hours with a daily high around 103.
legendary
Actually Kermee, I am curious, what sort of climate do you live in, and what IS your solution for cooling all those GPUs?

I live in the Northwest, although it's been in the upper 70F's lately.

Cooling... Outside air + 120mm fan on top of each 4xGPU's per rig.

Cheers,
Kermee
Same here, but I use A/C.  You must be more upper than I.  Tongue

Activity: 532

Wow. In general, you're a pretty "Green" person consumption wise for electricity.  I'd love to have a $20/monthly bill for electricity!

Face it the high electric rates are due to you guys growing your own weed,hehe.
Activity: 154
Actually Kermee, I am curious, what sort of climate do you live in, and what IS your solution for cooling all those GPUs?

I live in the Northwest, although it's been in the upper 70F's lately.

Cooling... Outside air + 120mm fan on top of each 4xGPU's per rig.

Cheers,
Kermee
legendary
Pages:
Jump to: