Pages:
Author

Topic: First prepaid card to exchange Bitcoins - page 2. (Read 8066 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Dear clients, since the U.S. government unlawfully seized our ecardone.com domain even though we are licenced and fully compliant and haven’t done anything wrong, we now had two options. Either spend hundreds of thousands on US lawyers to defend ourselves - but what is the point if they gave no time and the domain has been seized already. Or move to a European domain. We came to the US to attend the first Bitcoin conference. And we wanted to promote our services. Unfortunately we found out that it is nearly impossible and highly dangerous to offer services in the US as a foreign entity, and we sincerely apologize to our US clients.
BCB
vip
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
BCJ
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
bitcoincard linked to a french guy, using a UK domain...

with the price conversion on the website as dollars.

hmmmm... amateur.. he aint gonna see any of my coins. nothing seems legit.
legendary
Activity: 3024
Merit: 1640
lose: unfind ... loose: untight
::le sigh::

I suppose this is my fault, for introducing discussion of a fully licensed entity, affiliated with MasterCard, in a thread that started with a bogus claim that some other entity is the first to offer a prepaid card to exchange bitcoins.

"Dagensia Finance s.r.o is a company based in the Czech Republic, you can look this up on the Commercial Registry website. Dagensia Finance s.r.o. is registered by the Czech National Bank as a payment institution under the payment services regulation and it is fully authorized to provide payment services."

In the words of the aggrieved party (take them for what you think they are worth) upon login:
"Dear client,
our ecardone.com domain was seized among 34 other exchanger domains by the United States simply because there was a link reference to our website. We had to switch to a European domain Dagensia.eu today. All client funds in our system are safe in insured and monitored European bank accounts and all operations remain active without disruptions.
We apologize for any inconvenience this quick change may have caused you."

I can't seem to follow their link to the information I looked into a couple weeks back. I guess that would not be unusual for an org who had their Domain Name stolen in the last 48 hours to not have completely reconstructed their links. However, bearing in mind that I have no specific knowledge of EU Finance Law, it did lead me to several authoritative-lookng sites dedicated to business registrations - seemingly governmental in nature.

So while I cannot vouch for the absolute integrity of eCardOne/Dagensia, I see nothing to indicate that they are a scam.

As far as the OP, I agree that firm looks like it may be scammy. I was just trying to redirect latent interest to what looks to me to be a better alternative.

As far as the google maps posting is concerned, I have no idea whatsoever what that is all about. Looks like any small office front anywhere in the developed world.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin
I'm going with scam on this one.
Activity: 242
Merit: 110
looks extremely suspicious to me !!!
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
ecardone is down for the count (domain seized!)

Their new domain is ecardone.eu

Ps: This card thing is a big joke, it's made by a crazy guy who bought all these thexxx domains. So don't take it  seriously.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/searching-for-investors-the-bitcoin-company-189119

http://thebitcoinnews.co.uk/
http://thebitcoincompany.co.uk etc

Activity: 859
Merit: 1004
BTC OG and designer of the BitcoinMarket.com logo
They are not a licensed bank and they have never mentioned that they are a licensed bank.

They are in fact a licensed small payment institution registered with Czech National Bank.
Code:
https://apl.cnb.cz/apljerrsdad/JERRS.WEB10.VIZITKA?p_lang=en&p_SEQ_ID=1040913&p_VER_ID=1000&p_DATUM=07.05.2013&p_ROL_KOD=
legendary

Looks like a minor glitch:

Code:
Dear clients,

Our domain was last night without justification disconnected. During today or tomorrow we will place our service to a new domain Dagensia.eu, corresponding to the name of our company. You can already log in to your account under this link: https://banking.dagensia.eu

We want to assure you that Dagensia Finance s.r.o. is  a licensed and fully compliant company, and all client funds are deposited in insured and monitored bank accounts.

If you have any comments reply to this email.

Thank you

David Novak
Support Dagensia.eu

Sehr geehrte Kunden,

es kam zu einem unberechtigten Abschalten unserer Domäne, darum werden wir heute oder morgen auf eine neue Domäne umschalten, die auch unserem Firmennamen entspricht, Dagensia.eu. Alle Dienstleistungen werden unter dieser Domäne verfügbar sein. Zu Ihrem Konto können Sie sich jetzt bereits unter diesem Link anmelden: https://banking.dagensia.eu

Wir möchten allen unsere Kunden versichern, dass Dagensia Finance s.r.o. ein lizenziertes und konformes Unternehmen ist und alle Balancen von Kunden auf sicheren und überwachten Bankkonten hinterlegt sind.

Bei Rückfragen stehen wir Ihnen zur Verfügung.

Vielen Dank

David Novak
Support Dagensia.eu

If the relative might of the US armed forces to the Czech armed forces weren't so darned imbalanced, I might expect some repercussions from the DHS seizing the assets of a licensed EU bank. Makes me somewhat ashamed to be an American. in that I am powerless to right this wrong.

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Is your name protected from MasterCard?
Activity: 94
Merit: 10

Activity: 250
Merit: 250
Make FAQ, Terms, Fees public. Don't frustrate users with login just to see your page.

Price of card way tooooo expensive! How about card expiration?

This threads put you on a nice track for your FAQ and what the customer wants. Use it!
legendary
Horses - the water is not where you are looking... it's over here

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Half a bitcoin for a prepaid card? No thanks.
It might have been something I would have considered if the card was free as each transaction I make will make you money anyway.
Plus it looks like the OP is not the owner/webmaster of that site. Looks like an affiliate link.

The site is also on a .co.uk domain but the English throughout the site is terrible and certainly not written by a native English speaker. You would think if they expect anyone to trust them they would at least have their copy proofread Smiley

Smells like a scam to me.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1001
Bitcoin - Resistance is futile
Why would I give you any of my information without first having the opportunity to fully understand what it is you're doing, and how you're doing it?

+1

please make FAQ public if you don't want to put people off from the start

+1
Activity: 144
Merit: 100
Half a bitcoin plus 2% seems massively expensive.
legendary
*le sigh*
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
Why would I give you any of my information without first having the opportunity to fully understand what it is you're doing, and how you're doing it?

+1

please make FAQ public if you don't want to put people off from the start
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Does the card carry my name? Is it anonymous? Why can't I read the FAQ?? What are the monthly fees? etc.
Pages:
Jump to: