Pages:
Author

Topic: First Rig mining slow (4x7950s) (130Mh/s per) - page 3. (Read 9110 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Temps make it look like only one GPU is mining. Did you see the replies in that guide you posted?

cgminer and bfminer both have a load on GPU 0-3

The quotes in the guide are talking about cards that are disabled w/o a video output, which mine are not.

What does cgminer show you when you press "g" to look at the GPU stats? Are all of the threads alive? Also, what does aticonfig --adapter=all --odgc show when you run it several times in a row (it should be at 99-100% consistently)?

GPU 3: 131.8 / 131.9 Mh/s | A: 526 R:0 HW:0 U:1.72/m I:7
Last initialised [2013-04-04 00:48:03]
Intensity: 7
Thread 6: 65.9 Mh/s Enabled ALIVE
Thread 7: 65.8 MH/s Enabled ALIVE

I'm not sure how to get it to scroll through threads/cards.

aticonfig --adapter=all --odgc shows

Adapter 0 - 99%
Adapter 1 - 0%
Adapter 2 - 0%
Adapter 3 - 0%

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

At current, I'm still pointing my finger at some AMD driver. I'm trying Xubuntu next, hopefully that will let me run Catalyst 12.8 or I'll have to switch to Ubuntu 11.04.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1018
Buzz App - Spin wheel, farm rewards
I'm a noob so no expert but:

1) Try 3 cards and see what happens.  It will at least help you locate the problem.

2) Try an intensity of 12 and see  what the affect is.

3) Could it be a network bottleneck? Again I'm a noob, so don't consider this correct, but more of a guess: if your network adapter for example is running at min 10Mpbs speed maybe 4 cards are overwhelming it.

Activity: 42
What does cgminer show you when you press "g" to look at the GPU stats? Are all of the threads alive? Also, what does aticonfig --adapter=all --odgc show when you run it several times in a row (it should be at 99-100% consistently)?
Temps make it look like only one GPU is mining. Did you see the replies in that guide you posted?

I'm pretty sure that all 4 are mining, cgminer was able to set different values (intensity, for example) for each of 4 devices. I wrote the comment about "--adapter=ALL".

From reading other threads, I'm starting to think that the problem is the version of catalyst that I have installed. I tried rolling back the driver and installing 12.8 but I dorked something up and I'm reinstalling Ubuntu as I type.
Activity: 401
Merit: 250
I just put together my first rig and it's mining quite terribly slow. I'm getting around 130Mh/s per card 

I put Ubuntu 12.04 running on a USB 3.0 stick. To get everything started, I followed this guide:

http://rdmsnippets.com/2013/03/20/bitcoin-mining-with-ubuntu-12-04-tls-and-cgminer/

Which went surprisingly well.

I am using:
AMD_APP_2.8
ADL_SDK_5.0
cgminer 2.11.3
Catalyst Control Center 2.17
./cgminer -k diablo -v 1 -w 256 -I 7 (Diablo Kernel, worksize 256, Vectors 1, Intensity 7)

I'm also mining on bitminter pool, although I'm up for a change if that's the problem. However running ./cgminer --benchmark didn't give any better results.

Currently my temps are running super low (77C, 41C, 37C, 35C). The top ones are warmer because my external fan isn't reaching them as well. I have played around with the intensity, and even at 11 it doesn't seem to help much (still sub 200 Mh/s).

I also added --gpu-engine 1175 --gpu-memclock 685 and it locked up hard, although just the --gpu-engine 1175 boots me to around 150Mh/s.

Rest of the computer specs:
Board = Asus P8Z77-ws
Vid = 4x Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD 7950 3GB GDDR5
cpu = Celeron G550
PSU = OCZ-ZX1250W

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.
Pages:
Jump to: