Pages:
Author

Topic: "First they ignore us, then they laugh at us, then they fight us, then we win" - page 3. (Read 414 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 13
People will laugh you at your dreams and hate you when you succeed!
Crab mentality pushes some people to laugh us. At first, they don't believe that cryptocurrency is real because they don't know about it. Many people are laughing to crypto enthusiast because they are thinking that this is a scam, not knowing how crypto will be in the future. Until the time came that the price surge and crypto becomes the center issue of our economy. We've thought that they will believe now because there is a proof that it is profitable but what we've expected did not really happen. Instead to congratulate us from the success, they make a way just to pull us down. That's life, we must think that people that hate us will never be happy even we success but they will surely laugh when we fail.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285
Flying Hellfish is a Commie
The future is sure very brigth for  BTC and cryptocurrency, Governnment  and individaul will get to embrace BTC soon as a major form of  global currency, tht is sure to pay soon.

Lets be real with this right now, the government isn't going to support bitcoin or any sort of currency which is going to lead to them losing the control over the currency which they currently posses. They're just not going to do that as they're not going to hand it over easily.

People must change from the bottom up to force gov, because it won't change from the top down, trust me when I say that.
Activity: 166
Merit: 1
The quote is absolutely right. We can see it in how many governments that were against cryptocurrencies in the first moment have changed their minds towards more open-minded positions when they have realized the potential of cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 532
Merit: 10
BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE
The future is sure very brigth for  BTC and cryptocurrency, Governnment  and individaul will get to embrace BTC soon as a major form of  global currency, tht is sure to pay soon.
Activity: 266
Merit: 114
Indeed we are fighting. Not sure how long, the government is opposing the cryptocurrencies, the banks, they're all here for one sole purpose to demolish cryptocurrencies and completely eradicate it. All we have to do is keep believing in it and show these people who we really are and what is our power when we stand together. Everything has a good and bad effect. If we focus and keep emphasizing on only the bad effects then that would prevent us from utilizing it however good it might be. Just focus on the good effects and keep in mind the bad ones too and avoid those things.
Activity: 588
Merit: 18
To Win may be a somewhat exaggerated description, but I can say that they will have to accept us and adapt to technological innovations. There is no other way for them. Always as I was saying, the new beats the old one in everytime.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 759
I wouldn't go as far as to say as we're fighting. It has negative connotations after all, and all of this us vs. them narratives goes against inclusion, which is one of crypto's strengths. I'd rather say that we're working towards a common goal, and these "enemies" are simply hurdles that need to be overcome.

That's just me nitpicking though. I guess it doesn't really matter what you call it in the bigger picture.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500
This is a quote by Mahatma Gandhi - the most notable freedom fighter of India. Andreas M. Antonopoulos just re-quoted that in a meetup event. But that's what exactly is happening around the world regarding crypto. Initially when the cryptocurrency was launched in 2009, no one given a damn about it. If I look at cryptos today, it is one of the most economically strong industries and growing at fastest pace. Banks and governments have tried to discourage general people from using cryptos since all these years, yet we are the one who stood strong amidst all negativity. We are indeed fighting because we know we will win. Currently crypto industry is standing at a stage where no one can ignore it. World's two most strongest economies have adopted cryptos already and majority of other governments are showing positive interest on it. Probably it would take some more time, but we all know cryptos are the future. A day will come when fiat money will just be a number in our bank accounts without any physical existence.
copper member
Activity: 1526
Merit: 2890
Andreas M. Antonopoulos was a Chief Security Officer of Blockchain.info and is popular Bitcoin evangelist,  this excerpt is from his speech back in 2014 in Los Angeles Bitcoin in a Meetup Group about money and the evolving concept of currencies worldwide,

Watch the video on YouTube @ 01:03:24 or you can read  transcript here

This is so inspiring you see we are already on stage three "we are fighting", next stage is we win

What you guys think? How you relate this to current situation?

Edit: Original quote was by Mahatma Gandhi - and re-quoted by . Andreas M. Antonopoulos. (Thank you avikz for pointing it out)
Inspired from [reddit]
Pages:
Jump to: