Pages:
Author

Topic: FlappyBit - Reopening on Moneypot - page 2. (Read 1803 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
January 22, 2016, 02:40:17 PM
thank you for bringing this website back up, i used to play here for some time so it will be a possibility to bring back the good memories, im really glad that i will be able to gamble here again
Activity: 742
January 22, 2016, 02:33:06 PM
hey dexon, im not sure if you were able to read my pm or not, but if youd like to partner up i can get a domain name and a hosting plan for the site.
Activity: 230
Merit: 154
I'm a web dev :D
January 22, 2016, 02:28:59 PM
Wont you having any issues using the sprite + background?
Hey, care to give an answer to this question?

I've modified some files based on the original Flap bird, but I'm thinking the use of the sprites or the background isn't allowed, by the original creator/owner?

Woops! Sorry.
Well, to be honest, these aren't the official sprites taken from the game but remakes. Still hard to say with the billions of other flappybird app versions.
Even tho, according the Apple store TOS, once you remove your app (which the official flappybird app have been removed) you can not put it back there. So I guess there's is no copyrights to it anymore... I might be wrong...

Nice graphics Dexon!Though took me a while to figure out how it works lol I was expecting a flappy bird to drop instead of the coin for the pipe lol Although a faucet for a first few days won't be a bad idea.The two coins coming at the same time suppose to be a multiplayer right ?

Thanks!
The faucet idea isn't bad. I could include the moneypot's faucet easily.
And for the second question, I'm not sure to understand sorry  Huh

i must admit that the website looks pretty nice though its very similar to luckyb.it in the whole game idea, i guess i will still tyr it out and hopefully make some money on it

Thanks, I hope you will Grin
Activity: 658
January 22, 2016, 02:26:12 PM
i must admit that the website looks pretty nice though its very similar to luckyb.it in the whole game idea, i guess i will still tyr it out and hopefully make some money on it
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308
Get your game girl
January 22, 2016, 02:13:16 PM
Nice graphics Dexon!Though took me a while to figure out how it works lol I was expecting a flappy bird to drop instead of the coin for the pipe lol Although a faucet for a first few days won't be a bad idea.The two coins coming at the same time suppose to be a multiplayer right ?
legendary
Activity: 1268
Merit: 1009
January 22, 2016, 02:04:48 PM
At a first glance upon reading the title, I thought it to be the web version of Coin Flapper.

Although Plinko is nice but the former one would have been a better idea.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
January 22, 2016, 02:04:32 PM
awesome, this game is super fun and a great way to pass some time.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1043
Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)
January 22, 2016, 01:46:05 PM
Hey, care to give an answer to this question?

I've modified some files based on the original Flap bird, but I'm thinking the use of the sprites or the background isn't allowed, by the original creator/owner?
January 22, 2016, 01:43:25 PM
hey Dexon

good to see you are back Smiley

saying that it is open source does it mean that everyone can take the code and do one for himself?

good luck

Hey, thanks!
And yea, people can use the code for them selves if they want to.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
CoinPoker.com
January 22, 2016, 03:45:21 AM
Yeah man, domains are like $7 per year, sometimes you can get it for free with hosting. You really need to get a domain if you want to be taken seriously.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1011
All Games incl Racer and Lottery game are Closed
January 22, 2016, 03:40:40 AM
hey Dexon

good to see you are back Smiley

saying that it is open source does it mean that everyone can take the code and do one for himself?

good luck
January 22, 2016, 03:16:10 AM
How are you going to do this?

Mostly by making an arrays of users that abuses it. Since it'll be client sided it's not gonna be really a big deal to bypass. But it'll help not spaming the moneypot network with meaningless bets.

And if you want some returning users. Now the only way somebody to play it twice is to bookmark it. Nobody will memorize it.
You can't asking for money (people to gambling with you) when you are not giving even for domain.

I'm not sure that the "only way" to play many times on flappybit is to bookmark the url... But I get your point.
Also, I am not asking for money. Just like the first version of the game, this was made in a learning purpose and I am not investing in the game.
But still, I think I'm putting the necessary effort into it tho Grin

If you can't even want to spend money for buying domain and hosting than quite difficult to survive in gambling business. You should be creating site like a professional than you can attract more people to your site. Anyway good luck to you.

Since it's only html/css/js I can let github pages host it. and made a CNAME file or something like that if, one day, I get a domain to link it to.
And thanks Smiley

Edit: Looks like is just like a plinkpot. i thought this like a flappybird...

I am sorry. I actually made a flappybird being a player vs player game. But the major thing was that people will use Bots to achieve the highest level so it wouldn't be fair to the other players. And there's no way to "catch" them. (when playing on the browser)
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
January 22, 2016, 02:33:11 AM
Yea I will certainly do buy one domain Smiley
Waiting to see if it's worth it tho.

It always worth... if you want some more trust from users.
And if you want some returning users. Now the only way somebody to play it twice is to bookmark it. Nobody will memorize it.
You can't asking for money (people to gambling with you) when you are not giving even for domain.

It doest matter at all since he is using moneypot then it doesnt matter wether he will be using .xyz domain or even a .com domain. There are many not popular .com apps in moneypot so it is a proof that domain name will not attract a user to play at the site. Besides that every deposits and withdrawals is through moneypot as well so players are completely safe
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1005
January 22, 2016, 02:16:54 AM

If you can't even want to spend money for buying domain and hosting than quite difficult to survive in gambling business. You should be creating site like a professional than you can attract more people to your site. Anyway good luck to you.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1002
January 22, 2016, 02:12:14 AM

It always worth... if you want some more trust from users.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1013
January 22, 2016, 01:57:17 AM

You can do 0 bits bets to try out the system. Any "massive" abuse of that might lead to a blockage of your account on flappybit.

How are you going to do this? As far as what Im aware of, moneypot control the user account and someone can always login to the site through moneypot. Also what do you consider as massive abuse anyway? Hundreds of 0 bits bet? If you are using moneypot I believe you are not even logging the database since it is all handled by moneypot
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1043
Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)
January 22, 2016, 01:21:19 AM
January 22, 2016, 01:16:58 AM
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 3011
BTC price road to $80k
January 22, 2016, 01:15:50 AM
This is what i mean before. That this game is base game skill like this one flappybit. Well now i found this one i will try a little bit..
but i think it is better to play it on mobile..
Edit: Looks like is just like a plinkpot. i thought this like a flappybird...
Activity: 412
Merit: 251
January 22, 2016, 01:11:32 AM
Oh, I remember the month or so when flappy bird was all the rage Smiley

I was thinking this was going to be a site where you roll a dice, and you have to go farther than that to win BTC.

I agree with the others, you should buy a domain.
Pages:
Jump to: