Author

Topic: Flat Earth - page 135. (Read 1095196 times)

Activity: 250
Merit: 10
December 15, 2018, 09:23:55 AM
When the sun sets, is the height of the sun "0"?

LOL. What a moron.

I had to know how flattards explain the sun cycle, so here's what I found. It was quite "enlightening."

https://wiki.tfes.org/Flat_Earth_-_Frequently_Asked_Questions

What evidence do you have?

The evidence for a flat earth is derived from many different facets of science and philosophy. The simplest is by relying on ones own senses to discern the true nature of the world around us. The world looks flat, the bottoms of clouds are flat, the movement of the Sun; these are all examples of your senses telling you that we do not live on a spherical heliocentric world.

(holy hell, that makes a lot of sense. I mean it explains a lot about flattards. Just ignore every bit of knowledge we can acquire as a species and go with your base instincts. It's what crocodiles do and it seems to work for them, right?)

How do you explain day/night cycles and seasons?

Day and night cycles are easily explained on a flat earth. The sun moves in circles around the North Pole. When it is over your head, it's day. When it's not, it's night. The light of the sun is confined to a limited area and its light acts like a spotlight upon the earth. The picture below illustrates how the sun moves and also how seasons work on a flat earth. The apparent effect of the sun rising and setting is usually explained as a perspective effect.

This is the stupidest thing I've ever seen. I'm dumbfounded. This means that the sun is always shining in Greenland and Alaska. Why do days get longer in the summer and shorter in the winter, and the converse in the southern hemisphere? Simply keeping the quote-unquote sun on a wire which gets closer to the quote-unquote north pole during the summer doesn't explain the seasonality of daylight.

The problems incurred by the flat earth theory far outweigh the problems of the existing model. What holds the sun up in the sky? What's fueling it? Why doesn't it burn out, or heaven forbid, fall to earth? What is the firmament made of? Why can't you travel to the south pole? How is there no outer space? What exists outside the "firmament"? What's the moon made of? What are all other planets and stars made of?

Existing models can satisfactorily answer all of these questions. Flat earth theory does not. It just creates more questions which have no answer.

That's just an example model obviously not 100% accurate. And yet it is more accurate than the globe model which cant explain anything for example it doesnt explain why polaris doesnt move in the sky and stars rotate in patterns and its always the same stars for if we was in a ball in a galaxy spiralling away into nothingness we would see different stars.

Funny thing is this heliocentric bullshit model was introduced by free masons in 15th century before which everyone in the world knew about geocentric flat earth.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
December 15, 2018, 09:07:27 AM

How about this for a picture?

Grin

Or this?

Note that it is zinc plated.

Cheesy
legendary
December 15, 2018, 09:02:47 AM
When the sun sets, is the height of the sun "0"?

LOL. What a moron.

I had to know how flattards explain the sun cycle, so here's what I found. It was quite "enlightening."

https://wiki.tfes.org/Flat_Earth_-_Frequently_Asked_Questions

What evidence do you have?

The evidence for a flat earth is derived from many different facets of science and philosophy. The simplest is by relying on ones own senses to discern the true nature of the world around us. The world looks flat, the bottoms of clouds are flat, the movement of the Sun; these are all examples of your senses telling you that we do not live on a spherical heliocentric world.

(holy hell, that makes a lot of sense. I mean it explains a lot about flattards. Just ignore every bit of knowledge we can acquire as a species and go with your base instincts. It's what crocodiles do and it seems to work for them, right?)

How do you explain day/night cycles and seasons?

Day and night cycles are easily explained on a flat earth. The sun moves in circles around the North Pole. When it is over your head, it's day. When it's not, it's night. The light of the sun is confined to a limited area and its light acts like a spotlight upon the earth. The picture below illustrates how the sun moves and also how seasons work on a flat earth. The apparent effect of the sun rising and setting is usually explained as a perspective effect.

https://wiki.tfes.org/images/thumb/7/70/SunAnimation.gif/405px-SunAnimation.gif

This is the stupidest thing I've ever seen. I'm dumbfounded. This means that the sun is always shining in Greenland and Alaska. Why do days get longer in the summer and shorter in the winter, and the converse in the southern hemisphere? Simply keeping the quote-unquote sun on a wire which gets closer to the quote-unquote north pole during the summer doesn't explain the seasonality of daylight.

The problems incurred by the flat earth theory far outweigh the problems of the existing model. What holds the sun up in the sky? What's fueling it? Why doesn't it burn out, or heaven forbid, fall to earth? What is the firmament made of? Why can't you travel to the south pole? How is there no outer space? What exists outside the "firmament"? What's the moon made of? What are all other planets and stars made of?

Existing models can satisfactorily answer all of these questions. Flat earth theory does not. It just creates more questions which have no answer.

How about this for a picture?

Grin
legendary
December 15, 2018, 08:24:15 AM
^^^ You can use trig to find the angles between earth, a star and the sun at a certain time of the year. Then you can do the same thing at a different time of the year, say, 90 days away from the first. And then, when you use trig to compare the first angular measurements with the second, you find that the Sun is around 90 million miles away from the earth.

You can make these measurements and their comparisons with 10 different stars, the sun, and the earth. You don't have to rely on any single star. Your results will work out very well with many of the stars, and poorly with others, all because of their relationship to the earth. After all, some Southern Hemisphere stars can't even be seen in the Norther Hemisphere at certain times of the year... and vice versa.

If you happen to have a good telescope, or a good transit, or a very accurate sextant, these measurements will work out virtually the same. But you will need to be precise. Remember, a sextant was designed for making simple, basic measurements on a ship that might be rolling with the waves.

Then, if you throw in all kinds of other science, you will find out that the earth is, indeed, globular... and that the sun is indeed around 800,000 miles in diameter.

You are simply using all your incomplete FE science to attempt to delude people. I don't believe that you are doing this out of personal belief in what you are FE saying. I believe you are attempting to see how many people you can twist into believing something that is clearly understood to be wrong, and that you know exactly what you are doing.

All this does is to make you funny farm life to exist for reasons other than your personal belief in FE. It makes your FF life to exist because you are mentally twisted into trying to draw people away from the truth, while making it appear that you are doing so innocently.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
December 15, 2018, 07:23:41 AM
^^^ It's basic trigonometry lowsun.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
December 15, 2018, 07:13:39 AM
^^^ One method to calculate the height of the Sun:

α = angle of elevation at P
β = angle of elevation at N
d = distance between points P and N
h = heigh

h = (d * tan β * tan α) / (tan β - tan α)

Where did you get this from?   The sun is not at any "height".
legendary
December 15, 2018, 07:03:27 AM
^^^ One method to calculate the height of the Sun:

α = angle of elevation at P
β = angle of elevation at N
d = distance between points P and N
h = heigh

h = (d * tan β * tan α) / (tan β - tan α)
Activity: 1624
Merit: 645
December 15, 2018, 05:37:01 AM

@badecker,

Did you know that you're the only other person I've seen that understands the difference between "angular size" and "apparent size"? It's really a shame you're batting for the wrong team here and place the center of the great circle in a globe and not at the horizon as seen by the human eye.

I keep cringing every time I hear a flat earther refer to apparent visual size as "angular size". Understanding that "angular size" is a fixed value whose great circle is based on a planar horizon as seen by the human eye is paramount. The mental gymnastic involved with making this value (that can be measured directly with a sextant) work by replacing the human eye with a globe earth is actually outstanding.

I want to be very clear here because once you understand how the constant value of "angular size" works, it becomes obvious what absolutely undeniable proof the earth is flat the sextant and its ability to directly measure this value is.

"apparent size" = the angle between you and two sides of an object. [This value is a variable and changes as the distance between you and the object changes.]

"angular size" = the angle between the horizon and two sides of an object. [This value is a constant and does not change as the distance between you and the object changes.]

@nutildah,

The Sun is directly measured to be 32 minutes in diameter; 1 minute = 1 mile. Plane trigonometry can be used to calculate the height of the Sun at about 3,000 miles.

''The Sun is directly measured to be 32 minutes in diameter; 1 minute = 1 mile. Plane trigonometry can be used to calculate the height of the Sun at about 3,000 miles'' What's the math for that?
legendary
December 15, 2018, 04:51:51 AM
Trapeze artists you fucking cuck.
Vod
legendary
December 15, 2018, 04:25:54 AM
^^^ The math nasa provides assumes a heliocentric spinning ball model of earth. A direct measurement with a sextant assumes nothing and isn't even possible if the heliocentric model was true.

Actually, the math NASA provides proves the sun is 93,000,000 miles away.  We've know the approximate distance for three hundred years.

Do you really think billions of people are working together to deceive you?   Put ten people in a room and they will disagree.  Tongue
legendary
December 15, 2018, 04:03:30 AM
^^^ The math nasa provides assumes a heliocentric spinning ball model of earth. A direct measurement with a sextant assumes nothing and isn't even possible if the heliocentric model was true.

You a gullible idiot or a liar spewing garbage information cooked up by nasa from a credit reporting agency run out of a garage. Nasa, you know the clown faggots who landed a cardboard box wrapped in xmas paper on the moon.
Vod
legendary
December 15, 2018, 01:54:37 AM
Vod's "source" for his distance to the Sun.

My source is simple mathematics - same math we used to calculate it in 1672.

Cool

legendary
December 15, 2018, 12:57:29 AM
Plane trigonometry can be used to calculate the height of the Sun at about 3,000 miles.

For such an outrageous statement, when we know the distance to the sun, you need to provide some proof.  Smiley

This article explains how we determined it was 93 million miles away, and why people like you are confused.
https://www.universetoday.com/117843/how-did-we-find-the-distance-to-the-sun/

(The math they provide in there is repeatable by any high school student)

Registrant Contact Information:
Name
Universe Today
Organization
Universe Today
Address
1505 Osprey Place
City
Courtenay
State / Province
BC
Postal Code
V9N 7Y1
Country
CA
Phone
+1.2508980302
Fax
+1.6046872192
Email

Karla Thompson
True North Research
1505 Osprey
Courtenay, British Columbia V9N 7Y1
Canada

Cell:    250-702-0810
Email:    karlat dot thompson at gmail dot com

About Us        “Our research - your decision”

True North Research has been providing business research solutions for over 20 years. Using our vast and international research connections, we are able to quickly, accurately, and affordably generate the information you need to make sound business decisions. With our collaborative business approach, working with you to ensure your satisfaction, we send your company accurate and timely research.

**Under New Ownership - but with the same dependable service you are used to!

True North Research is an independent reseller of criminal record checks and credit reports. Audit trail information is strictly controlled and monitored for complete compliance with privacy legislation.

Vod's "source" for his distance to the Sun.
Vod
legendary
December 14, 2018, 11:44:55 PM
Plane trigonometry can be used to calculate the height of the Sun at about 3,000 miles.

For such an outrageous statement, when we know the distance to the sun, you need to provide some proof.  Smiley

This article explains how we determined it was 93 million miles away, and why people like you are confused.
https://www.universetoday.com/117843/how-did-we-find-the-distance-to-the-sun/

(The math they provide in there is repeatable by any high school student)
legendary
December 14, 2018, 11:24:55 PM

@badecker,

Did you know that you're the only other person I've seen that understands the difference between "angular size" and "apparent size"? It's really a shame you're batting for the wrong team here and place the center of the great circle in a globe and not at the horizon as seen by the human eye.

I keep cringing every time I hear a flat earther refer to apparent visual size as "angular size". Understanding that "angular size" is a fixed value whose great circle is based on a planar horizon as seen by the human eye is paramount. The mental gymnastic involved with making this value (that can be measured directly with a sextant) work by replacing the human eye with a globe earth is actually outstanding.

I want to be very clear here because once you understand how the constant value of "angular size" works, it becomes obvious what absolutely undeniable proof the earth is flat the sextant and its ability to directly measure this value is.

"apparent size" = the angle between you and two sides of an object. [This value is a variable and changes as the distance between you and the object changes.]

"angular size" = the angle between the horizon and two sides of an object. [This value is a constant and does not change as the distance between you and the object changes.]

@nutildah,

The Sun is directly measured to be 32 minutes in diameter; 1 minute = 1 mile. Plane trigonometry can be used to calculate the height of the Sun at about 3,000 miles.
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 3514
born once atheist
December 14, 2018, 08:52:12 PM
blah blah blah...

I said I quoted joe, which i did.
My goodness, I got you all wound up eh?  
Would you care for a merit?
There ya go...no longer a virgin.

Activity: 30
Merit: 1
December 14, 2018, 08:35:18 PM
May want to figure out how quotes work as you just blasted Astargath on part of your English lesson! .
Do you have a bit of brain stuck in your skull, sweetheart? I was quoting joe.

...thus exposing yourself for the true douche you are.  

...says the genius FE meritless noob with a post history that a spam bot would put to shame.

Hey btw, did I get my quotes right?
Just asking, as you seem to be an expert in these matters...

So exemplaar, do you think making images instead of typing words will make your insane story more believable?

Cool
but of course!
exemply is in line for a nobel prize in flatearthretardmeme-sky-fairyology or some such thing...
Hmmmm, I wonder when visiting hours are at the funny farm?  I wanna hang out with exemply and
and talk about flying pancakes and conspiracies and such....

Nope, you still have not figured it out!  Go back and read it very slowly.  I am not very hopeful you will be able to figure it out.  You are great for a laugh though.  You may still want to Google up a bit on quotes before giving English lessons.  Yes, we are laughing at you.  

Astargath
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.48651642
Well aside from livestreams of earth from space and the millions of pictures, also observing stars at night or eclipses. Yes there are some other experiments you can perform yourself. Eratosthenes did one with 2 holes and their shadows but retards don't accept it because it assumes the sun is far away, however 3 holes far away apart will prove the earth is not flat very easily by measuring the angles of the shadows. You can google more experiments.

joerogers8
Trust video's as scientific proof - logic fail - do you believe all the movies you watch?
"livestreams of earth from space"  <-- This is called a quote

You (the douche) calling out your own teams mistakes and attributing them to someone else.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.48653354

Care to ream out Astargath for his spelling or are you a douche as I have already described?
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 3514
born once atheist
December 14, 2018, 07:43:05 PM
May want to figure out how quotes work as you just blasted Astargath on part of your English lesson! .
Do you have a bit of brain stuck in your skull, sweetheart? I was quoting joe.

...thus exposing yourself for the true douche you are.  

...says the genius FE meritless noob with a post history that a spam bot would put to shame.

Hey btw, did I get my quotes right?
Just asking, as you seem to be an expert in these matters...

So exemplaar, do you think making images instead of typing words will make your insane story more believable?

Cool
but of course!
exemply is in line for a nobel prize in flatearthretardmeme-sky-fairyology or some such thing...
Hmmmm, I wonder when visiting hours are at the funny farm?  I wanna hang out with exemply and
and talk about flying pancakes and conspiracies and such....
Vod
legendary
December 14, 2018, 06:54:51 PM

Cool
Activity: 978
Merit: 506
December 14, 2018, 06:46:38 PM

Just for warming up:

Jump to: