Pages:
Author

Topic: Flaws in Google and Apple App Stores - page 2. (Read 206 times)

Activity: 1596
Merit: 264
March 18, 2021, 02:00:34 AM
This is why I don't really rely too much on mobile apps when it comes to cryptocurrency or anything that involves my money or coins, as well as that I don't download MyEtherWallet even if the site wants me to.
There's lacking of Quality Checks on these apps and  you never know just by the app description of it or even the ratings, because fake reviews are quite common. Just install the app and you have the means of rating it now.

Activity: 616
Merit: 161
March 18, 2021, 01:54:32 AM
I guess the problem comes with quantity. The sheer number of apps on both of those platforms makes it hard (if not impossible) to have them checked and verified before being published. Unfortunately, I don't see a way that those platforms can apply more security, they can only act when the scam is discovered. People will just have to trust their own research before using any of those platforms and maybe check on this forum once in a while because for posts like this.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 650
Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me
March 18, 2021, 01:48:21 AM
Before using any cryptocurrency wallet, it's mandatory to verify its authenticity and status.

On Feb. 24, an app called “Trezor” was quietly uploaded to the Apple App Store. It appeared to be a crypto app from the popular bitcoin hardware wallet, it linked to the legitimate trezor.io website and privacy policy.
The developers labelled it “Data Not Collected” with Apple’s “nutrition labels,” which are meant to let users of the app store easily identify what information apps will gather about them and make decisions accordingly.

The app was leveraging the Trezor brand to execute one goal – steal users’ Trezor passphrases and private keys via phishing

The app was small and simple, consisting of three screens, but did nothing other than steal your Trezor passphrase or seed phrase.

Be careful of what you download on Google and Apple app store they are not safe anymore.
Pages:
Jump to: