Pages:
Author

Topic: Flexcoin is now owned by James Gray - page 3. (Read 9976 times)

Activity: 60
Merit: 10
March 13, 2012, 10:19:36 PM
James Gray: Just curious..
Do you run any other bitcoin projects/websites.

And to: the founder (FlexCoin)
Do you know James Gray? I am sorry for what i am about to say and REALLY dont want to sound mean or anything.
But according to your post you said something like: You will sell flexcoin to a Trusted Member of the community because you dont want to sell to just anyone.

While that is REALLY good thinking, i am just wondering if you knew James, because it seems he just joined (3 posts?) and umm that doesnt seem to be a Trusted Member on the community..

Any reason for the change or is he a member BUT couldnt login or something? I saw a reply that said he was not able to reply so im thinking he is a member here but i dont see him or you post there "other" username.

I know i am sounding like a asshole, I really dont mean to.. Just would like more info on James is all.

Ether if you or james answer or not - i STILL wish both of you the best of luck!

There's nothing "asshole" about what you're saying at all. Other than my absolute failure of a foray into online auction sites (see: bitmarket.ca) I have never put anything into the Bitcoin world. I've just been sitting back reading, watching, and really waiting for an opportunity to get involved. I understand fully that "trust" is not something that you buy with a bitcoin company. You have to earn it and it's HARD and I appreciate that, and if people move their coins from Flexcoin for the time being, I can appreciate that as well. It's your money, and I'll be the first to advise you to take care of it. I had my password leaked when MtGox got hacked. I had friends who lost coins (albeit not a whole lot) when mybitcoin went down in flames. I've been here watching this whole crazy ride and I understand your concern and my team and I are going to work hard to address those concerns, and earn your trust, as we should.

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
March 13, 2012, 10:15:39 PM
Hello,

My name is James Gray and I am head of the team of people who will taking over "Flexcoin". I would like to start by saying that we are honoured to have the opportunity to carry on the Flexcoin name, and are looking forward to carrying on the business practices, customer support, and attention to detail, and security that has made Flexcoin the respected name it is today.

In the weeks to come, my security analysts will be reviewing all the supplied Flexcoin code, reviewing the servers and making sure everything is up to date. Security is of the utmost importance and will continue to be during our ownership.

We're really excited to have this opportunity, and have a lot of great new ideas for features and services we can offer as the premier bitcoin bank. We look forward to talking with our customers and finding out what more we can do to provide the bitcoin community with great services going forward.

~James

James first i am super sorry if you feel i am bashing you. Its just that MANY people have been scammed on bitcointalk.org - and its a different game since the huge scamming spree....

Bitcoin is a whole new ball game, its not like making a website and accepting paypal... with bitcoin you cant reverse transactions which is why there is ALOT of scamming.

Now reading the founder (FlexCoin) post.
- Yea a phone call isnt enough to verify someones intention. If only it were that simple :-(
- I dont know but i would feel more better if you looked after the site for like 3 months while james is running it.

But my question is why did you truly pick james? Because of a phone call its kinda hard to accept that.
For example, If i made a request to you and wanted to borrow 2,000 bitcoins would you just accept a phone call for that?

March 13, 2012, 10:06:25 PM
Fantastic!

As I noted in an earlier post I see a bank as a crucial pillar to first level economic infrastructure above the raw system. I was therefore a bit disappointed to see that Flexcoin was putting itself on sale.

But sometimes setbacks mean opportunity, and that's what this appears to be. I'm looking forward to the new offerings in Flexcoin's future under new ownership.

@the founder - thanks for being a pioneer and bringing the community a bitcoin bank which has gained respect.

@mark_logan - congratulations! Looking forward to seeing where Flexcoin goes from here. A question... will Flexcoin still meet the 3 criteria which I believe are crucial for a bitcoin bank?

1. Emphasis on properly securing Bitcoins
2. Clearly spelled out terms (they are not responsible for insuring bitcoin loss)
3. Transparency of corporate entity in legally respected country like US or UK

We will meet all three of these criteria. I have two guys right now chatting my ear off about security. It's all they do and it's what they were meant to do. I know that Bitcoin is a hacking magnet, and we're doing everything we can to prepare proper security. We're not planning on changing the Flexcoins terms. We  believe them to be pretty clear, and if people have any input on that, we'd love to hear it. We're still setting up all the details on our corporate entity, but hope to be done that by the end of next week.
March 13, 2012, 10:04:28 PM
Your defenitly not sounding like an asshole, I basically asked the same questions above in a nicer way  Grin

I think James needs to introduce himself, especially if he is the new owner of the Bitcoin bank.

For a bitcoin bank I actually believe it needs to be more. Please see my #3 above.

Forsure, 100% but an introduction is a start.

James, the ball is in your court....

Rex,  I never met James in real life.  However I just spent the past day on the phone with the guy...    

I understand where  you are coming from, hence why we designed the window prior to transfer so that if you didn't feel that James and his team would do a good job,  you can do what you want with your bitcoins...  he doesn't have access to the site yet,  so if you felt that you needed to rush your coins out you can...  though for the record I am keeping my coins there..  I believe he is going to run it with the same vigor that I have.

Eh..thats not really comforting. Just spent a phone call?

The window prior to transfer doesn't mean anything, just delays the day James can scam us.  

You really really REALLY need to do your due diligence on this guy.

Have you even got a copy of his ID? Facebook friends?
Good i am not the only one a little worried.

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000
Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem
March 13, 2012, 10:01:04 PM
Your defenitly not sounding like an asshole, I basically asked the same questions above in a nicer way  Grin

I think James needs to introduce himself, especially if he is the new owner of the Bitcoin bank.

For a bitcoin bank I actually believe it needs to be more. Please see my #3 above.

Forsure, 100% but an introduction is a start.

James, the ball is in your court....

Rex,  I never met James in real life.  However I just spent the past day on the phone with the guy...    

I understand where  you are coming from, hence why we designed the window prior to transfer so that if you didn't feel that James and his team would do a good job,  you can do what you want with your bitcoins...  he doesn't have access to the site yet,  so if you felt that you needed to rush your coins out you can...  though for the record I am keeping my coins there..  I believe he is going to run it with the same vigor that I have.

Eh..thats not really comforting. Just spent a phone call?

The window prior to transfer doesn't mean anything, just delays the day James can scam us.  

You really really REALLY need to do your due diligence on this guy.

Have you even got a copy of his ID? Facebook friends?
March 13, 2012, 10:00:08 PM

Do you know James Gray? I am sorry for what i am about to say and REALLY dont want to sound mean or anything.
But according to your post you said something like: You will sell flexcoin to a Trusted Member of the community because you dont want to sell to just anyone.

While that is REALLY good thinking, i am just wondering if you knew James, because it seems he just joined (3 posts?) and umm that doesnt seem to be a Trusted Member on the community..

Any reason for the change or is he a member BUT couldnt login or something? I saw a reply that said he was not able to reply so im thinking he is a member here but i dont see him or you post there "other" username.

I know i am sounding like a asshole, I really dont mean to.. Just would like more info on James is all.

Ether if you or james answer or not - i STILL wish both of you the best of luck!

Your defenitly not sounding like an asshole, I basically asked the same questions above in a nicer way  Grin

Yea you did state it much nicer, sorry something is on my mind and i should have just "agreed" with your post.. I dont want to take this off topic on why i am upset but let me just say "bitscalper".

Anyway after my loans are paid i would love to use a bitcoin bank. I NEVER used or seen flexcoin - but is it something like walletbit? Just more secure? Is there a api in which i can send bitcoins to someone? I think what i am asking is if its/has a wallet type service?
March 13, 2012, 09:58:39 PM
Hey James,

On behalf of Bitinstant, welcome to the forums and good to see Flexcoin has found a new owner  Smiley

As a community, we strive to be extremely transparent. Most of the companies that do business here and who's staff post, have released details about themselves and their staff.

On that note, can you tell us a little bit about yourself? How did you come into Bitcoin, how do you see growth for the future?

What have you worked on in the past?

Good to have smart people on board and always looking for the future of Bitcoin!

-Charlie Shrem
CEO, Bitinstant.com

I'd be happy to tell you more about myself. I'm a married man, have a dog and a cat and work a 9-5 job. I came into Bitcoin just before the boom. I was told about it by a good friend of mine who had been crunching Bitcoins, pretty much since the beginning (Back when you could generate coins in hours. ALONE! WITH YOUR CPU!). It sounded like an interesting enough idea. I watched the boom, the crash and even tried to launch an auction site... an idea that I never really was able to commit enough time to, and subsequently never went anywhere. Now that Bitcoin's value has stabilized more, I believe we're going to see growth, that's going to be positive for the entire community. That's a big reason why I decided to enter the market at this point.

I want to take a moment at this time to say that today has been a rather rough day due to outside influence, and while I'm going to try and answer as many questions as I can, my ability may be impaired due to health reasons. But please continue to ask whatever you like, and I'll answer as soon as possible.

Activity: 448
Merit: 251
Bitcoin
March 13, 2012, 09:58:08 PM

This lag time of a few days was by design to give a level of comfort .  

Again I must stress,  I am keeping my bitcoins at flexcoin even though in a few days I will have the same level of access to flexcoin as you have.

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1002
March 13, 2012, 09:56:28 PM

legendary
March 13, 2012, 09:53:33 PM

Your defenitly not sounding like an asshole, I basically asked the same questions above in a nicer way  Grin

March 13, 2012, 09:50:03 PM

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1002
March 13, 2012, 09:45:32 PM
Fantastic!

As I noted in an earlier post I see a bank as a crucial pillar to first level economic infrastructure above the raw system. I was therefore a bit disappointed to see that Flexcoin was putting itself on sale.

But sometimes setbacks mean opportunity, and that's what this appears to be. I'm looking forward to the new offerings in Flexcoin's future under new ownership.

@the founder - thanks for being a pioneer and bringing the community a bitcoin bank which has gained respect.

@mark_logan - congratulations! Looking forward to seeing where Flexcoin goes from here. A question... will Flexcoin still meet the 3 criteria which I believe are crucial for a bitcoin bank?

1. Emphasis on properly securing Bitcoins
2. Clearly spelled out terms (originally they are not responsible for insuring bitcoin loss)
3. Transparency of corporate entity in legally respected country like US or UK
legendary
March 13, 2012, 09:37:31 PM
Hey James,

On behalf of Bitinstant, welcome to the forums and good to see Flexcoin has found a new owner  Smiley

As a community, we strive to be extremely transparent. Most of the companies that do business here and who's staff post, have released details about themselves and their staff.

On that note, can you tell us a little bit about yourself? How did you come into Bitcoin, how do you see growth for the future?

What have you worked on in the past?

Good to have smart people on board and always looking for the future of Bitcoin!

-Charlie Shrem
CEO, Bitinstant.com
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
March 13, 2012, 09:34:54 PM
Good luck. Interested in seeing what can come of it.
March 13, 2012, 09:18:12 PM
Hello,

My name is James Gray and I am head of the team of people who will taking over "Flexcoin". I would like to start by saying that we are honoured to have the opportunity to carry on the Flexcoin name, and are looking forward to carrying on the business practices, customer support, and attention to detail, and security that has made Flexcoin the respected name it is today.

In the weeks to come, my security analysts will be reviewing all the supplied Flexcoin code, reviewing the servers and making sure everything is up to date. Security is of the utmost importance and will continue to be during our ownership.

We're really excited to have this opportunity, and have a lot of great new ideas for features and services we can offer as the premier bitcoin bank. We look forward to talking with our customers and finding out what more we can do to provide the bitcoin community with great services going forward.

~James
March 13, 2012, 09:18:08 PM
Dang i was trying to get the first reply :-(

Well anyway congrats james gray!
I wish you success!
Activity: 448
Merit: 251
Bitcoin
March 13, 2012, 09:15:00 PM
I am happy to announce that James Gray is now the owner of Flexcoin.

I notified him of this post in real time,  this so he can comment below directly (hopefully he will be the first post directly under this one).   I will NOT be sending him the keys to the site tonight however.

I believe that James will take care of Flexcoin with the same vigor that I have.   Though technically tonight he is the owner,  he will not have access to the site for a few days.. this was written into the contract for your protection, and it was his idea....  I believe that is a good confidence building measure.

We will be assisting him over the next few weeks in the transfer... so we will be helping him getting acquainted with the system.

For the record,  I am keeping my personal coins at Flexcoin...  I am doing this to both help him and let everyone know that I have faith in the Bitcoin Bank.

Pages:
Jump to: