Pages:
Author

Topic: Flexible Work Schedule - page 6. (Read 868 times)

Activity: 1330
Merit: 121
Growth & Marketing | IEO | Bounty | Strat
March 27, 2021, 12:53:11 PM
Work from home can be economical but letting the employees to work with friendly workspace can increase the productivity of them for sure, lets take a look at what Google is doing.

Increasing the working hours a day to work fewer days a week is not beneficial to the company because more hours a human work means they will be less productive.
in any case, a certain Attitude for work, as well as a certain Atmosphere, is present only in the workplace. Of course, there are quite a few professions where a person takes his job home, but he still spends the bulk of his work at the workplace. I believe that such work is more effective. As an example, we can cite the current schooling of schoolchildren at home due to the pandemic, and many experts express their opinion that student performance has decreased because in the classroom they are more focused and more accepting of new knowledge than in online lessons. The situation is the same with adults when it comes to their work and their respective schedules.
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 2145
March 27, 2021, 12:35:06 PM
Unfortunately, working from home isn't always the best solution, people tend to have lower productivity when they are unsupervised, and there can be a lot of distractions when working from home. And videocalls aren't a perfect replacement for live meetings and face-to-face talking, which is also important in work. I already saw a few software companies delaying their products last year because of the drop in productivity caused by switching to remote work.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 757
Bitcoin = Financial freedom
March 27, 2021, 11:03:03 AM
Work from home can be economical but letting the employees to work with friendly workspace can increase the productivity of them for sure, lets take a look at what Google is doing.

Increasing the working hours a day to work fewer days a week is not beneficial to the company because more hours a human work means they will be less productive.
Activity: 2772
Merit: 645
No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small
March 27, 2021, 10:36:54 AM
If it can be allowed to work from home, then it is much better even you spend a lot of time on it. It is really okay to make OT as we never have to travel, take a ride and etc... Most of some businesses are run through this way, they usually hire people to work from home and have a good salary. Working from Monday to Friday, and have two rest days Saturday and Sunday, I think that was a fair schedule. But that also depends on the nature of our work and some bosses may require more time at work that sometimes we just use one day to take the rest.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 702
March 27, 2021, 10:19:08 AM
To me flexible working, is not about how easy the work can be made to the owners leisure or fittings, but it allows the owner to add few/more works to it, flexible work is one thats subjected to only the owner, and not other factors, and the tools for a flexible work, are go about with tools that can follow the owner at any point even to the very closest of the owner, also complex work can be made flexible, if some tailoring is made in it by the owner.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 761
Burpaaa
March 27, 2021, 09:23:37 AM
It depends on the nature of the work. Some work are not suitable for this method especially for those production work such as Manufacturing, Construction and other industries that requires physical work most of the time. Flexible working schedules is indeed convenient considering all the apps and gadget that we can use to meet our communication needs. The cons on this kind of working setup was weak coordination. It's hard to express what you really want to say via online only.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 332
March 27, 2021, 09:18:12 AM
Whether we are liking it or not the world is going towards more relaxed work schedule with the internet and highly growing digital economy. Op's topic is really hanging on the current matter and I think he should find very good information to support his/her work.
A good example is the covid-19 year. That expose the world to working at home which was to protect people and to avoid the spread of the virus. IMO, that worked fine and till now, working at home has become the new normal for executives. Working from home definitely gives time for flexible time, you can go to occasions and do other things with same pay or more because you have time for other business engagement.
Activity: 107
Merit: 1
March 27, 2021, 08:12:03 AM
I have just free shedule (some tasks and deadline) and this really makes my life better
Activity: 1120
Merit: 68
March 27, 2021, 07:05:09 AM
~
Obviously if a company is paying you they wont want that you work less hours and therefore be less productive but keep getting the same wages. When the employee hired by the company will work, only then the company will grow, and wages can be made out of the profit.
However, Flexible Work hours gives the employee the flexibility to work at their own feasible time but they still have to complete the 8 or 9 working hours quota.
That's how it should be when capitalism was first introduced, when the machines starts taking over and helping with the job, the people that are working should be getting less hours, this wasn't a very popular idea for many companies because they will have to pay more workers this way, working for 8 to 9 hours is not a flexible work schedule no matter how much you divide it in a day because in the end and 8 and 9 hours is 8 and 9 hours which takes a lot of your time for the day, imagine a job that slowly kills you, it doesn't matter if the schedule is flexible if you don't have any time to do anything out of work and pursue your other passions.
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 1159
March 27, 2021, 06:58:33 AM
Flexible work schedule in my opinion doesn't solve the fact that people should be working less amount of time for the same wages because there are machines and flexibility should come from having more workers that are working less time for example but considering that this will not make people become a slave to their work, nobody is willing to do it. To me, I like the idea of reducing the amount of work hours and increasing the wages because that kind of thing can help boost morale and it is already proven that when you put a good salary for a worker, their productivity increases.

Obviously if a company is paying you they wont want that you work less hours and therefore be less productive but keep getting the same wages. When the employee hired by the company will work, only then the company will grow, and wages can be made out of the profit.
However, Flexible Work hours gives the employee the flexibility to work at their own feasible time but they still have to complete the 8 or 9 working hours quota.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 68
March 27, 2021, 05:43:18 AM
Flexible work schedule in my opinion doesn't solve the fact that people should be working less amount of time for the same wages because there are machines and flexibility should come from having more workers that are working less time for example but considering that this will not make people become a slave to their work, nobody is willing to do it. To me, I like the idea of reducing the amount of work hours and increasing the wages because that kind of thing can help boost morale and it is already proven that when you put a good salary for a worker, their productivity increases.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 758
March 27, 2021, 05:27:28 AM
I've been assigned with a project for an academic course to express my opinion about flexible work schedules. Before I get started on my assignment, I'd like to start a discussion and read others' opinions too.

Flexible work can have a variety of forms, it could be either working flexible working hours, working from home, work by objectives, compressed days (The option to work more hours per day, that way your work week is compressed to fewer days). There are probably more to add to the list.

From my point of view, in some cases it can be quite beneficial, especially working from home can save you both time and money. You won't have to commute, nor pay fuel or tickets if you're using the public transportation. If you combine that with flexible working hours and/or with work by objective, you'll have the ability to work from anywhere, anytime you want!

In my case, I currently have an internship in which I'm working from home, using the technique of objectives. I'll have several assignments  that I'd have to complete throughout the week, and let me tell you, it's one of the best options I could have ever made.

What are your thoughts on this subject? It would be great if we could have some of your personal views here, it would be of great assistance for my course's assignment.
Pages:
Jump to: