Pages:
Author

Topic: Florida jury awards $23.6 billion to widow in smoking lawsuit - page 2. (Read 2748 times)

Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
Nobody is worth 1 billion.

Hell, nobody is worth 0.1 billion.   I can see a couple million for punitive damages, but to be realistic this guy would not have earned more than a million dollars in his lifetime.

So she would be entitled to maybe 3 million dollars.  She got 23,600 million.   Huh
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001
Completely absurd jury verdict
(CNN) -- A Florida jury awarded a widow $23.6 billion Roll Eyes in punitive damages in her lawsuit against tobacco giant R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company, her lawyer said.

Cynthia Robinson claimed that smoking killed her husband, Michael Johnson, in 1996. She argued R.J. Reynolds was negligent in not informing him that nicotine is addictive and smoking can cause lung cancer. Johnson started smoking when he was 13 and died of lung cancer when he was 36.

The jury award Friday evening is "courageous," said Robinson's lawyer, Christopher Chestnut.
"If anyone saw the documents that this jury saw, I believe that person would have awarded a similar or greater verdict amount," he said.
More absurdity and video footage...http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/19/us/florida-tobacco-verdict/index.html

Sorry but nobody is worth $23.6 Billion and even if it was millions it would be pushing it.
Pages:
Jump to: