Pages:
Author

Topic: Focus on how much you may lose and not only the potential win. - page 17. (Read 1983 times)

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1118
...gambling responsibly. Do not be addicted.
A situation where the stake for the bet he won was $1k, the next statement you hear is how wish I knew I would have staked with $5k. The question is, the $5k is it an amount of money that you can be comfortable losing or it's just out of greed that you are not contented with the win amount the $1k gave you.
I have not thought like this before, that had it been I have used higher amount of money to gamble on certain matches or game that I would have won more. But I noticed that I did increased the amount I used to gamble. That was because the more the money that you staked, the more you can win. Although not because of past games won. I do not think more about the lose but just the profit. And the more that I lost at the time.
Activity: 406
Merit: 360
I agree with everything that you said OP, greed has made a lot of people to lose big in gambling because they feel that it is the amount of money that they use to gamble that will allow them to win big, and they fail to think that what if they lost the bet, which is more common than winning. Whatever amount that you use to win your bet, you should be contented with that win and don't become greedy that regretting that you didn't use a bigger amount to win big. If you are such person that regrets your action for using a smaller amount, you will see that the next day, you will want to stake a bigger amount because you feel that you might win the game forgetting that the game you won was based on luck. If all gamblers consider losing in their mind, I believe that they will be cautious of how much they will be using to gamble, especially when it is an amount that they cannot afford to lose. In gambling it is either you win or you lose and most gambler lose more than they win, but most gamblers put winning in mind instead of losing which is not fair.
Activity: 742
Merit: 529
There are gamblers that have a bad plan or no plan at all about their life, they gamble with whatever amount they have rather than what they can afford to lose that won't be a worry to them if lost. There's this thought that am sure almost every gambler that have won a bet before must have had. which is the thought of "had I knew this game was going to win  I would have used bigger amount of money to wager".

A situation where the stake for the bet he won was $1k, the next statement you hear is how wish I knew I would have staked with $5k. The question is, the $5k is it an amount of money that you can be comfortable losing or it's just out of greed that you are not contented with the win amount the $1k gave you.

The fact that you won  using $1k today doesn't give assurance that if you had used higher amount or that your next bet that you probably increased the wager in order to win a bigger amount will play. As gamblers let not focus all attention on the amount that we may by chance of luck win but on what we are to lose should we fail to win the bet, in that way we won't spend on gambling above what we can afford to lose.
Stay in check!
Pages:
Jump to: