Pages:
Author

Topic: Food for thought - page 8. (Read 899 times)

Activity: 1624
Merit: 292
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
December 15, 2023, 07:03:58 AM
Yep, I have also faced this problem, but in a quite different situation, I have been more proactive in my own life because I see my work as a contribution to the business/government. The government did what I could to help them, and I fully accepted that if I was fired, perhaps my qualifications were not suitable for that position. So anticipating risky situations in life, such as unemployment, is probably also part of preparing for life. For me, it is not fixed to have only one job to find income to spend on life.

Although my current life may seem like a waste to many people, it is one that I have struggled to decide, I am living in a small, quite peaceful rural area. So the problems of office life or competition are all things that I have experienced, and it helps me reflect on myself and the true meaning of the life I am living. So, facing the situation and trying to develop an increasingly bigger mindset, I look back at society and see chaos everywhere, from issues of food, health, work, material,...

But that thing in my eyes is quite trivial, and although there are things that are still easy to force, I think simplification through returning to balance without paying attention to counting distractions will make life a lot easier.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 564
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
December 15, 2023, 06:59:23 AM
First of all single source of income is sheer ignorance about the reality as you can be replaced at a cheaper salary and may be with a candidate who poses better skills than you or simply due to AI you may lose your job. I would say we need to have multiple streams of income and we can take example of an YouTube or Influencer as they earn through the view time, paid adverts, Merchandise promotion, Affiliate Marketing and much more. We need to upgrade our skill and probably have more than one job/business in order to survive because those who believe thier 9-5 job will be with them forever they are living in delusion.
legendary
Activity: 3710
Merit: 1756
December 15, 2023, 06:48:50 AM
For those working for government or an entity, try  to  start a small business and grow it gradually while still doing your 9am- 5pm job.

We might not feel the importance of it until we have been lay off from the job.
I have a question for those working for an entity or government, if you are being sacked today, what will be your faith? Will you still be financially strong, can your other sources of income keeps you going or you will be devastated by the loss of your job.

In this current economy, it's suicidal to have only one source of income.
If you must live well you must be ready to grab the bull by his horn am make life changing decisions by having more than one source of income.
Don't put your financial destiny in the hands of your bosses, you might not know the importance of having your own business till you have been sacked. think about it.

I would add - wherever you work - always create an alternative income option. From your personal business, to investments ! Always keep in mind that there are a lot of risks, with a probability higher than 0, that you will be left without your current job. It can be anything - problems in business, global changes, corruption, natural disasters. And having no alternative source of income, you may wake up one fine morning and realize that now you have NO income, if you have not prepared a "reserve airfield" in advance. And it will be very painful to realize.... ALWAYS create at least 1 spare income channel, MINIMUM 1 spare, but more is better
Activity: 238
Merit: 494
Siga sempre em frente! always move forward!
December 15, 2023, 06:35:30 AM
I've been thinking about this for the last few years.

Having a formal job and a single source of income is something that I have to adjust in my life. I've thought countless times about opening my own business, but the question is: what to do? exactly which line of business to go? Sometimes I think a lot about finding a partner, because alone it's very complicated.
Activity: 784
Merit: 589
December 15, 2023, 05:55:17 AM
For those working for government or an entity, try  to  start a small business and grow it gradually while still doing your 9am- 5pm job.

I have a question for those working for an entity or government, if you are being sacked today, what will be your faith? Will you still be financially strong, can your other sources of income keeps you going or you will be devastated by the loss of your job.
It's necessary to have another source of income if you are working for someone so it can help you prepare for the rainy day but also understand this op, that it's not everyone that's capable of managing their own businesses. There's so many factors to consider when doing that and these are just a few to outline.
- financial risk; There's a lot of risks involved in managing your business as you'd need to have a substantial amount before you can start and if eventually things don't go as planned, you run into loss and end up not getting any substantial income.
Secondly, the stress of doing two things at a time can really tell on you eventually as to start a business, you ought to know that you are the business which means you have to balance your time working for someone else and working for yourself. The rewards of owning your own business is there but many people will prefer having the knowledge they can get from their present place of work, then resigning or retiring to go start theirs than juggling two jobs at a time. Except, the 9-5 job isn't as stressful.
 Your advice is well meaning but at the same time you have to consider that everyone operates differently.
Activity: 784
Merit: 117
Chainjoes.com
December 15, 2023, 05:17:59 AM
First of all, being an employee is not bad, so let's not downgrade employees too much. Do you think that if everyone in the world became an entrepreneur, would your business or company still have a way to make money? I mean, if you don't have manpower or employees, can you do it alone?

Yes, it is true that it is not enough to have only one source of income these days if you are not a rich person. But there are many opportunities that can be added besides being an employee. As long as we have time and can manage it properly. But I don't believe that when you only have one job, it is equivalent to suicidal. In this matter, you are wrong.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 448
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
December 15, 2023, 05:15:20 AM
Ready or not, we must be ready to accept it if that is our destiny.
And it's best before that happens and while we are still working, we have to prepare ourselves in advance if that happens, by saving or investing. And if the salary is only enough to meet our needs, we also have to think about this when we are still working to find a side job or additional income so that we can save or invest according to our abilities.
And with all that, you will not experience difficulties and destruction when you are fired from your job, and that way you can open a business or anything from your savings or investments and you can also continue doing your side job. Because in the current economic conditions we are required to be smart in living a life that does not only rely on one source of income, because we never know what will happen in the future. So preparing an umbrella before it rains is very important, you have to think and plan in advance while you are still working, otherwise you will suffer.
And for this problem there is no need to question or ask other people or anyone else, because they will not care and living independently is much happier and more enjoyable.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1284
December 15, 2023, 05:00:14 AM
Relying on one source of income has become difficult, but many do not have the option to have a side business, such as starting a small business and growing it gradually, either because there is not enough money, or there is no space, or there is no time and experience, or problems in marketing and reaching customers, so it is better to try. You should start investing early and at a young age, and when you reach the age of thirty, then you will think about starting a family, and then you will have surplus money and experiences.
Activity: 182
Merit: 115
December 15, 2023, 04:43:03 AM
For those working for government or an entity, try  to  start a small business and grow it gradually while still doing your 9am- 5pm job.

In this current economy, it's suicidal to have only one source of income.
If you must live well you must be ready to grab the bull by his horn am make life changing decisions by having more than one source of income.
Don't put your financial destiny in the hands of your bosses, you might not know the importance of having your own business till you have been sacked. think about it.
Pages:
Jump to: