Pages:
Author

Topic: For staking: Do you use one wallet per coin or a multicoin wallet eg MyEtherWall - page 2. (Read 550 times)

copper member
Activity: 126
Merit: 0
Hi Everyone

As per the title do you download the wallet developed specifically for the coin you want to stake or a multicoin wallet eg Jaxx or MyEtherWallet?  Which one is safest to run on my computer 24/7?  What would be the pros and cons of each?  Thanks
Hi Sir,
I wanna introduce Ruby-X.
If official service launches you can select the rate of using cold wallet 70% to 100%!
It's for safety!
You can check details on the link below in various languages!

https://wiki.ruby-x.io/ruby-document
Activity: 321
Merit: 100
I use MyEtherWallet, I think it depends entirely on the user and manager of the wallet itself. Because people who are scared of coins, generally, they use and want to use each coin into their original wallet and some use multi-coin purses. All security things that depend on the wallet users themselves.
Activity: 266
It's a good question. I think it totally depends on the user. The people those have fear of coin, generally, they use and want to use every coin to their original wallet and some use multi-coin wallet. The things of security that depend on user.
Activity: 196
I think it's depending on you. I think you should need more security, you can use your own wallet, but many of the traders use multi-coin wallet. And I think two are the same. There has strong security.
Activity: 879
Merit: 10
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
I use both and it makes me feel comfortable doing that and you can do that 24/7 but I hope you reset and make sure that your computer is safe because it is very important
Activity: 126
Using multi wallets does not guarantee your security. You can use only one and be cautious.
Update your firewall regularly, avoid the use of unnecessary extensions in your browser. Keep yourself secured by practicing certain things.
Activity: 188
Both types wallets are good. Both have some certain merits and demerits. It really depends on your preference. Like i am using multicoin wallet and i am satisfied with it.
Activity: 235
I think it depends on your personal preference, because someone wants to keep personal wallet and some people prefer multi wallet. And security is completely dependent on its user's. Weak password or any other mistake can cause harm to you.
Activity: 84
I think the primary objective is making the device, where the wallet will be installed, secured. Otherwise the wallets can be hacked whether it is one coin based or multicoin based.
Activity: 65
You may even use Dapps for staking but I prefer using desktop platform for it. I use Linux OS and fine staking easier and use MyetherWallet for staking, I also keep my passwords in my mind and do not ever use copy-paste tool as it may be vulnerable.
Activity: 24
It is always a better option to keep specific coins in specific wallets. But it has some problem also. Sometimes you may forget the various security questions and passwords that you have submitted during opening wallet. So, in this case, multi coin wallet is the best option.
Activity: 74
Your PC's security mostly depends on staking. If your PC is compromised before having lost defense in phishing, trojans and copy, paste viruses. Then you will be in a great trouble. Also, use legit wallets.
Activity: 23
I think using multi coin supported wallet is the best option. You can use the specific wallet for specific coins also. But using multi coin wallet will be easy. It is reliable also to keep your coins.
Activity: 742
Merit: 12
The wallet officially designed for one coin should be much safer than a multi wallet, however, both can be compromised as your PC might get infected by attackers or malware. I recommend using VPS service by creating a clone wallet there for keeping the wallet online while all private key stay secured in your local wallet. You can find help in Github for making clone wallet for VPS.
Activity: 40
Staking actually depends on the user whether he is comfortable in using multiple wallets or using a single wallet for every coin. I prefer using multiple wallets. Before you stake, make sure you have a safe computer having good defend like Linux and make sure you don't browse anonymously.
Activity: 112
I think it's better to use a multi coin wallet. Because for a wallet you should have to use a lot of passwords and provide securities which is not an easy task. Multi coin wallet will help you to solve this problem.
Activity: 910
Merit: 103
Mew wallet is one of the best options for storing, sending and receiving, both Ether and Ethereum related token, I prefer Ledger Nano S + Mew to store your ERC-20 Tokens, the other staking coin just download their software and make sure it's don't include virus, double check your computer is clean and safe, other option is running staking coin on vps 24/7
Activity: 67
"
well,I think it depends on the user.  Some people likes to keep their coins into their own wallet and some others prefer to keep their coins in the multi-wallets.its up to the  user that where he actually feels more safe.There are a lots of wallets get hacked because of poor password."
Activity: 29
It's a matter of concern that how you stocking or keeping you cryptos. If you think of its security,  you will see there that all are same. some people are using one wallet and other are using multi-coin wallet.
fvb
Activity: 1470
Merit: 13
A good MEW wallet, I use it.  In it, I do not even go, but I use the Metamask extension.  There were no problems.  Correctly speak, safety and attentiveness, are important.
Pages:
Jump to: