Pages:
Author

Topic: Foreman: manage your miners remotely! - page 2. (Read 20577 times)

legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
July 21, 2020, 11:20:47 PM
Thank you for the feedback, crysx.

I went ahead and updated our Linux installation process to fix the issue that you were observing. I updated our documentation, as well, to reflect this change.  Now, the same script should work for both environments - I've tested against fresh Ubuntu and RHEL VMs and it now seems to be working as intended.  Thank you for letting us know about this.

The next feature that's currently in the works is remote rebooting, which can be triggered from the dashboard.  We just released the ability to remotely change pools, and that put in place the framework for rebooting.  This will be released soon.

I've put bulk renaming towards the top of our backlog.  We're intending to do a template-based approach for this so you can rename multiple ASICs or rigs at the same time to follow a similar pattern (example: obm-s19-${counter}, or obm-s19-${ip.last}). The templating is still tbd, but we'll provide a lot of predefined variables so all of the miners can be bulk selected and renamed in 1 swoop.

Please let us know if you have any more feedback.  We love it.  Smiley

This is EXACTLY what I was looking for ...

An absolute pleasure to be testing this application out, and some great work on your (team) part. I hope we can work together in future for many things over many areas, but the for the time being, this is one really neat package you have got running and developing.

Thanks!

#crysx
Activity: 112
Merit: 13
July 21, 2020, 02:47:22 PM
Thank you for the feedback, crysx.

I went ahead and updated our Linux installation process to fix the issue that you were observing. I updated our documentation, as well, to reflect this change.  Now, the same script should work for both environments - I've tested against fresh Ubuntu and RHEL VMs and it now seems to be working as intended.  Thank you for letting us know about this.

The next feature that's currently in the works is remote rebooting, which can be triggered from the dashboard.  We just released the ability to remotely change pools, and that put in place the framework for rebooting.  This will be released soon.

I've put bulk renaming towards the top of our backlog.  We're intending to do a template-based approach for this so you can rename multiple ASICs or rigs at the same time to follow a similar pattern (example: obm-s19-${counter}, or obm-s19-${ip.last}). The templating is still tbd, but we'll provide a lot of predefined variables so all of the miners can be bulk selected and renamed in 1 swoop.

Please let us know if you have any more feedback.  We love it.  Smiley
legendary
July 20, 2020, 10:58:54 PM
Foreman just implemented on some of the CWI machines ...

And I can say it seems to be working flawlessly. Job well done guys.

Is there a functionality of forced reboots planned for machines (ASIC currently) so that we can restart ASIC systems that seem to have 'failed' from the Foreman DashBoard? A bulk renaming Function for the miners also?

I did have to change the PickAxe installation so very slightly for installation into RedHat based Fedora 32. I wish you all would use 'Distribution of Linux- xxx' rather than just 'Linux' (something I have been complaining about for a decade now in the Crypto Industry) when describing the Linux Installs. Debian/Ubuntu does NOT = Linux. It is merely a distribution of Linux, yet you have that in your 'Installing PickAxe' Menu system and HowTo Guide for 'If you're trying to monitor ASICs from Linux', whereby the actual installation script is a Debian Based specific installation script.

It is a very small change and possibly something that you would want to implement in your script for PickAxe installation for those of us that have RedHat Based installations rather then Debian Based installations. I assume it is the same from your other 'Linux' Install Guide also.

Other than that, when it runs, this package is superb so far.

#crysx
July 20, 2020, 06:16:10 PM
Don’t check multiple sites to see if your miners are working. Unify your mining with Foreman and bring everything together on one platform.

Here's how we've integrated HiveOS: https://link.medium.com/x0P9lsxKh8
Activity: 847
Merit: 383
July 16, 2020, 02:21:02 PM
Woot!
July 15, 2020, 11:34:19 PM
We've further expanded dashboard bulk operations to include:

• Bulk miner deleting
  • Bulk miner alerting configuration
June 25, 2020, 11:16:04 PM
In our first step towards remote management, we've added the ability to change ASIC mining pools.  Now, from your private Foreman dashboard, you can configure the following devices:

• Antminer
  • Blackminer
  • Dragonmint
  • Innosilicon
  • Multminer
  • Obelisk
  • StrongU

We're continuing to work on ASIC remote management, and will have additional manufacturers fully supported soon, with remote rebooting being our next feature.

Grin
June 20, 2020, 09:28:37 PM
We've begun testing of our upcoming feature: remote changing of pools and rebooting for ASICs.

As an update, we've added support for StrongU and MultMiner ASICs/FPGAs.

Grin
legendary
Yes, per miner, per month.

We are free for up to 25 miners forever, so everybody is welcome to come and use Foreman.  Grin

I'll look more into it ...

I actually want an more internal use system for us, rather than an external system. Your replies are appreciated.

Thanks.

#crysx
Yes, per miner, per month.

We are free for up to 25 miners forever, so everybody is welcome to come and use Foreman.  Grin
legendary
All of these features fall into the free tier. We are free for up to 25 miners. After that, it’s roughly $.10 per miner.

Per miner - Per month? ...

Or is there something attached to this premise?

Seems like a great product, though I guess some money needs to be made somewhere.

#crysx
All of these features fall into the free tier. We are free for up to 25 miners. After that, it’s roughly $.10 per miner.
legendary
We've implemented the ability to perform a bulk import of miners directly into Foreman.  Now, from the dashboard, you can initiate and perform a bulk ASIC scan, which will detect the miners that are running and add them to your account.

In addition to this update, we've also:

* Added support for all Obelisk miners.
* Added support for HyperBit miners.
* Added support for FutureBit miners.
* Added support for latest Innosilicon miners.
* Added support for latest Avalon miners.
* Added support for latest Antminer miners.
* Simplified pickaxe.yml configuration file.
* Bumped Jackson version to address CVEs.

Is this all paid for now? ...

Or is the opensource version a really cut down version of the paid version?

#crysx
We've implemented the ability to perform a bulk import of miners directly into Foreman.  Now, from the dashboard, you can initiate and perform a bulk ASIC scan, which will detect the miners that are running and add them to your account.

In addition to this update, we've also:

* Added support for all Obelisk miners.
* Added support for HyperBit miners.
* Added support for FutureBit miners.
* Added support for latest Innosilicon miners.
* Added support for latest Avalon miners.
* Added support for latest Antminer miners.
* Simplified pickaxe.yml configuration file.
* Bumped Jackson version to address CVEs.
March 25, 2020, 09:56:29 AM
We've been hard at work optimizing Foreman for large-scale operations.  We've streamlined the process to import ASICs, and we've significantly improved the performance of our dashboard, making it easy to dive deep to identify and resolve problems.

Curious how this all played out?  Our demo account has been heavily modified to show how a farm in Foreman can look.  Check it out:  https://dashboard.foreman.mn/demo

Stop by our Discord to see what else we have coming up.  Grin
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
November 06, 2019, 09:26:41 AM
I like it, and use it  Smiley
I have one idea and question.
idea : miner uptime can we see ? (like 5 hours /15 day... )
question: sometime hashrate graph broken(ill check log, no problem) ?
https://ibb.co/qWjYhP8
sory my english.
October 06, 2019, 09:09:26 PM
We will be at WorldCryptoCon this October in Las Vegas, NV representing Foreman.  We hope to see you all there.

Grin
September 23, 2019, 09:00:30 PM
We have concluded our beta testing.  We are now officially live! Grin

Sign-up now and receive a 30-day free trial of our Professional monitoring plan.

https://foreman.mn/
August 30, 2019, 06:37:29 PM
We've overhauled our NiceHash integration, making pairing Foreman with your NiceHash workers a 2 minute process.

Still using the old NiceHash platform?  No problem - our integration works with both platforms, giving you the freedom to mine wherever's the most profitable.

Centralize your NiceHash rigs, receive alerts when things go wrong, and see exactly how much you're earning.  The Foreman way. Grin
August 19, 2019, 03:12:43 PM
We have drastically improved our Linux-based OS installation process.  Getting up and running on Foreman is now as simple as running 1 script.

Additionally, for HiveOS, our service will keep your Foreman dashboard in sync with miners running in Hive.  Update them in Hive and they'll automatically sync in Foreman.  Grin

https://foreman.mn
Pages:
Jump to: