Pages:
Author

Topic: Forgot parts of my wallet password - need help with a script - page 2. (Read 1489 times)

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
Indeed I do have some advice.

I did some math and if we are conservatively talking about a 15 character combo of letters/numbers/special characters, we come out at about 395 octillion combinations. Assuming a standard PC we can thus infer your brute force script will run for about  11.504.505.492.039.100.000,00 hours. (or 1.313 quadrillion years)
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
btw, greyhawk - if you have any valuable suggestions for me as to how I can recover my BTC wallet & funds - even without bruteforcing the wallet.dat - then please by all means contribute.

if you don't have any idea but all you can help with is to suggest that I'm trying to steal other peoples money I'll do just fine without more posts from you..

thanks...
So, greyhawk - have you remembered to restock your nuclear apocalypse shelter lately? Smiley

No, its quite simple - I have 4 BTC wallets and one of which is refusing to accept the password I thought was the right one for it - luck would have it that I have approx 600 btc here and I need help to find a solution as to how I can try and bruteforce the latter part of the password.

Mikej0h: thanks, a bit too technical for my part - but I understand the scepticism you have with helping out.
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
So you stole a wallet.dat and managed to shoulder surf the first 20 characters of the password before but messed up somewhere in the later part?
Activity: 117
Merit: 100
Life is short, play long
I'm not sure if it's a good thing to answer here.

But here would be my approach.

Create a multi dimentional array, add to each dimention 0-9, a-z and A-Z and a "empty" line.

Calculate how much items are in each dimention (0-9 = 10, a-z = xx etc).
Create a for loop that loops through each dimention and creates a "password" for each possitility.

EDIT: That's how far I would go, not want to contribute to actual hacking/cracking...
Hi,

First of all I just wanted to let you know that I have been searching the forum for different solutions and so far I feel that I am on the right track considering that I have gotten the script posted here working:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.942171

HOWEVER - I am 99,999% sure that I remember the first say 20 characters of my pwd - it's the last 15-20 characters I need to bruteforce.

The script I linked to lets you put in a phrase (for instance "Password") - then it tries to capitalize (or de-capitalize) one letter at a time, finally it tries to replace one letter at a time with a special character of some sort.

So in a hypothetic case where the password starts with the word "Password" but there might be a special character or an upper- or lowercase letter snuck in there somewhere, this script is perfect.

But in my case, i know the first part of my password and I need some help creating a script where it sequentially adds letters and characters to the end of the "Password"

In other words, I would love to get some help with a script that first tries every combination betweeen "PasswordA" and "PasswordZ" before adding another letter to the brute force pwd and it starts again from "PasswordAA" and runs through all the upper- and lowercase letters and characters again until it has added at least 15 characters to the end of the password it tries to brute force...

any ideas? Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: